Thread: Can you help me with this Jets-heavy dynasty team?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Can you help me with this Jets-heavy dynasty team?

Would like some thoughts on this roster, mostly on the non-core and non-Jets players. Team strengths last year were PIM, HIT, BLK, SHP, and goaltending. Only started in rotisserie hockey last season, took over this team and fixed it up.

League details:

16 team Rotisserie league with season long stat accumulation, no playoffs. Games played limits for all positions.
    19 daily starters maximum, 4 C/ LW/RW, 6 D, 1 G
    4 reserves make a 23 player roster limit. Must roster 6 players from your associated NHL team, I am the Jets. Only allowed goalies from 2 NHL teams on main roster, minors/IR don't matter.

Skater cats: G A +/- PIM SOG Shot% PPP SHP Hit Blk FOW FOL
    Goalie cats: W GAA SV SV% SHO
    All categories equal weight. FOL is negative, fewer is better.

My current roster:
    (M) is Minors eligible

Forwards:
    WPG Adam Lowry C
    WPG Blake Wheeler RW
    WPG Kyle Connor LW
    WPG Mark Scheifele C
    WPG Nikolaj Ehlers LW
    TOR William Nylander RW
    OTT Connor Brown RW
    NYR Barclay Goodrow C,LW,RW
    FLA Frank Vatrano C,LW
    CHI Alex DeBrincat LW
    CGY Blake Coleman C,LW,RW
    CBJ Boone Jenner C
    CAR Martin Necas RW
    BOS Nick Foligno C,LW,RW

Defense:
    WPG Neal Pionk
    SJS Brent Burns
    SEA Adam Larsson
    NYR Jacob Trouba
    SEA Jeremy Lauzon (M)
    LAK Mikey Anderson (M)

Goalies:
    WPG Connor Hellebuyck
    NSH Juuse Saros
    VGK Laurent Brossoit - must be cut or traded due to rules

Minors, 7 max spots, mine is full:
    BUF Cozens C
    DAL Dellandrea C/RW
    WIN Perfetti C
    WIN Vesalainen LW/RW
    BOS Swayman G
    BOS Vladar G
    MIN Kahkonen G

General thoughts:
    I own all my draft picks, and they will have to push players out of my minors, but am not likely to make more than 1 pick. I think these guys are all better bets than whomever I'd take at the end of round 2.
    Benches are short, but I got to maximum games played.
    Don't know if need a 3rd goalie with now having Saros/Hellebuyck.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Can you help me with this Jets-heavy dynasty team?

The Jets pieces are nice at least. If you're going to run deep with anything, the Jets are not a bad place to have depth... Your goalie situation is my idea goalie situation. Not to brag, but I own both of their rookie jerseys, one worn in the SCF and one that is a first 37 away. Hellebuyck used to wear 30. Proof I knew these guys would be good... look at the wear on that Bucky. 15 games of wear. :P

32370393_10161132023785354_4168551577956646912_n.jpg32603687_10161132024925354_793106264287608832_o.jpg

Love the additions of Cozen, Trouba, Necas, etc.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Initiate

OMG You have the Cat! <3

Dobber Sports Superstar

Sure nothing wrong with the "Jets" component part of your roster. The one area of your team that I would be looking to improve on is your defence. You certainly have lots of Banger Stats there but the offensive side of things looks like it needs a bit of a boost particularly now that Burns is showing signs of a significant decline. You have lots of nice rookies in the pipeline but no help coming for your back end. So, maybe try and turn some of your prospects into a solid offensive defencemen. If you could package Burns with one of your prospects that would be ideal, but I'm not sure what his value might be, could be a tough sell. Anyway, hope this helps.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Sure nothing wrong with the "Jets" component part of your roster. The one area of your team that I would be looking to improve on is your defence. You certainly have lots of Banger Stats there but the offensive side of things looks like it needs a bit of a boost particularly now that Burns is showing signs of a significant decline. You have lots of nice rookies in the pipeline but no help coming for your back end. So, maybe try and turn some of your prospects into a solid offensive defencemen. If you could package Burns with one of your prospects that would be ideal, but I'm not sure what his value might be, could be a tough sell. Anyway, hope this helps.
    I agree with Bubba, which is hard to admit to since he's only right 49 percent of the time. But I am sure Steve knows his team's weaknesses... No, I think he just wants to share his team with us so we can pat him on his back! Well sir, I will not be patting your back for that reason! I will pat you on your back though if you ask nicely.

Oh, he has Swayman too! eeeee

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    I agree with Bubba, which is hard to admit to since he's only right 49 percent of the time. But I am sure Steve knows his team's weaknesses... No, I think he just wants to share his team with us so we can pat him on his back! Well sir, I will not be patting your back for that reason! I will pat you on your back though if you ask nicely.

Oh, he has Swayman too! eeeee
    I disagree!!! I'm 99.99% sure that I'm 51% right!!!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

I disagree!!! I'm 99.99% sure that I'm 51% right!!!
    NEVER!!!!

Thanks. The "Jets" component is because the league has that requirement of having 6 players for the team you represent, and I've tried hard to make sure I have good Jets. Brossoit was on the roster originally, and that gave some cushion.

The offensive D is something I do need to pursue, Burns came over as a trade throw in last year - kind of crazy - but I will see what's out there once more of the GM's are on the site.

I do need to deal some prospects, notably goalie prospects, as I can't use them on my main roster unless somebody gets hurt, or I deal Saros for that offensive D-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    But I am sure Steve knows his team's weaknesses... No, I think he just wants to share his team with us so we can pat him on his back! Well sir, I will not be patting your back for that reason!
    Nah, it's not just to get pats on the back, trust me. I realize that collectively, the forum will see things that I don't, and one of my issues that I know I have is a bias towards grinders in multi-cat leagues, as I've found that offense and goaltending is more fickle.

Luckily , rotisserie removes oppononent scheduling luck from fantasy results, so things are a bit clearer.

Thanks to both of you for the replies, I've repped Eli too recently, it seems.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Given my need for an offensive-minded defenseman, would Ekblad be a good target? He's on a team which fits nicely with the goalies I have in minors to deal.

I'm thinking Burns + one of my minors goalies.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Thanks. The "Jets" component is because the league has that requirement of having 6 players for the team you represent, and I've tried hard to make sure I have good Jets. Brossoit was on the roster originally, and that gave some cushion.

The offensive D is something I do need to pursue, Burns came over as a trade throw in last year - kind of crazy - but I will see what's out there once more of the GM's are on the site.

I do need to deal some prospects, notably goalie prospects, as I can't use them on my main roster unless somebody gets hurt, or I deal Saros for that offensive D-man.

Nah, it's not just to get pats on the back, trust me. I realize that collectively, the forum will see things that I don't, and one of my issues that I know I have is a bias towards grinders in multi-cat leagues, as I've found that offense and goaltending is more fickle.

Luckily , rotisserie removes oppononent scheduling luck from fantasy results, so things are a bit clearer.

Thanks to both of you for the replies, I've repped Eli too recently, it seems.
    Steve, you know I half tease... I know you're good poster.... which is why I love to tease the very best. And thanks, I do appreciate that.

Thanks guys for making it worth it to return and post again. I really like the group here. It's given me new life and interest in fantasy hockey. Suffice to say I was on the way out... but you guys reeled me back in!