Thread: Weegar

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Weegar

How does everyone feel about Mackenzie going forward? With yandle out does that allow him to repeat his point totals?
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Weegar

I think he'll be fine, but not to the pace he was on. 53 points is a lot.

I'm probably the biggest Weegar fan around here, as I've had him on a roster since 2018-19 season, mostly for peripherals but with what I though was some offensive upside of around 30-35 points if things broke well. He beat that last year in 54 games, which was amazing.

Why I feel that way is that his damage came more from being the clear #1D with Ekblad out than Yandle's PP time. Only 3 PP assists. Now he will see more PP time this upcoming year, since Yandle's not around. Still not thinking he's a 50 point D.

I didn't realize he finished 8th in Norris voting last year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Good and bad part about him is that he got all that offends without much PP…good is that 5 v 5 production is great … bad thing is that Dmen can’t sustain their production without PP points
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

Weegar had quite a year last year. However, I'm in agreement with stevegamer here, I don't think we are looking at a 50+ point defencemen. His 3 year pts/game average is .42 and I think that's about right moving forward. So, 35 give or take a few is what I would expect. That said, he is capable of putting up 100+ hits and blocks and perhaps 70 PIM, so that with 35 points, that is not bad value in a multi cat league like yours. He's a good own in those formats, not exceptional, but good.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Weegar had quite a year last year. However, I'm in agreement with stevegamer here, I don't think we are looking at a 50+ point defencemen. His 3 year pts/game average is .42 and I think that's about right moving forward. So, 35 give or take a few is what I would expect. That said, he is capable of putting up 100+ hits and blocks and perhaps 70 PIM, so that with 35 points, that is not bad value in a multi cat league like yours. He's a good own in those formats, not exceptional, but good.
    Bubba is on fire today, because I keep finding myself agreeing with him. *ewwww* Make it stop!
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

The Great One

Think of him as Ryan McDonagh 2.0
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Think of him as Ryan McDonagh 2.0
    So his fantasy production will go the way of dumpster fire when he hits his 30's... check.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    So his fantasy production will go the way of dumpster fire when he hits his 30's... check.
    I meant it more as indicative of someone who'll log important minutes but mostly score in the 35-40 range, yet also with a chance to see a spike above 40 if everything aligns perfectly, as it did for McDonagh three times in ten seasons.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I agree with this, of course, but want to point out that Weegar also shoots decently well. I've loved having him in a cap league the last couple years.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I can see him getting the high 30s low 40s type of numbers. Florida is a very good team and if he can somehow squeeze in some key PP points then hitting 50 points is realistic. Still a very good fantasy own of course.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent