Thread: Aatu Raty

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Aatu Raty

Thoughts on this guy? Seems to be a bit polarizing

Where are y'all taking him in rookie drafts?

Cheers

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Aatu Raty

You should go see this: https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...highlight=Raty

Raty finished the Summer Showcase with 14 points in 6 games... not bad !

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ahh perfect! I was looking for that thread

Thank you

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Reposted in other threat...
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Deity

As I've said in other threads he's down my list and not someone I am going to grab early, which means I doubt I'll draft him because other WILL reach for him. To me, the fact he damn near fell to the 3rd round of the actual draft screams volumes as to what actual scouts and GMs think about him. Who knows why he fell. Could be a personality thing, a bad interview (with every team clearly???), or a number of things. None the less, the hype on him sure went silent around the hockey world, except for the fantasy world.

He could very well prove everyone wrong, who knows, but I am not going to jump on him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    As I've said in other threads he's down my list and not someone I am going to grab early, which means I doubt I'll draft him because other WILL reach for him. To me, the fact he damn near fell to the 3rd round of the actual draft screams volumes as to what actual scouts and GMs think about him. Who knows why he fell. Could be a personality thing, a bad interview (with every team clearly???), or a number of things. None the less, the hype on him sure went silent around the hockey world, except for the fantasy world.

He could very well prove everyone wrong, who knows, but I am not going to jump on him.
    I think he fell purley based on hockey season he just had which was just bad…I heated nothing else….

why was his hockey so bad suddenly? I don’t know but last year was weird in general and maybe it reflected on him.

if he regains his form from previous season, hype will be real but he needs to do it against men not I junior camp.

that’s part of problem too, these kids in Europe often play against men…some can handle it at 17 and some can’t….does not mean they will not develop.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

He was also not included on the Finland roster for the last WJC, which should have been right in his wheel house.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    I think he fell purley based on hockey season he just had which was just bad…I heated nothing else….

why was his hockey so bad suddenly? I don’t know but last year was weird in general and maybe it reflected on him.

if he regains his form from previous season, hype will be real but he needs to do it against men not I junior camp.

that’s part of problem too, these kids in Europe often play against men…some can handle it at 17 and some can’t….does not mean they will not develop.

Maybe he was reading all the media around his game and figured he could coast to the draft. That could be part of his mental problem as well that teams dont want anything to do with. All I know is a lot of bad teams took a pass on him, TWICE! If fantasy GMs want to reach for him in the first round of their drafts, have at it. I wont be.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Thought I’d circle back on this thread.
    Raty had pretty poor deployment last season playing for Karpat, but since being moved to Jukurit he has been a dominant force with 34 points in 37 games.

He was once thought of as a top pick in the 2021 draft. Is it time to consider him a top prospect from the 2021 draft once again?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    He was also not included on the Finland roster for the last WJC, which should have been right in his wheel house.
    He was supposed to, but he could not travel to Canada because he did not pass the covid test, or something like that.

Dobber Sports Star

Islander fans are hoping he's the steal of draft.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    Thought I’d circle back on this thread.
    Raty had pretty poor deployment last season playing for Karpat, but since being moved to Jukurit he has been a dominant force with 34 points in 37 games.

He was once thought of as a top pick in the 2021 draft. Is it time to consider him a top prospect from the 2021 draft once again?
    Not sure about top as there are few guys developing well from that draft but to me he was always top 10 and nothing changed.

I did reach for him and I’m happy I did.. at least for now….he reminds me of the two great Finnish CD playing in Florida atm
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Ace

Once he moved to Jukurit, he really seems to have fallen into his own. And yea, 20 in 11 games for Finland U20 so far this season. I am kicking myself for dropping him earlier in the season when I had to move around some players to make space.

Islanders got a steal. I think he's going to make people look back and say "why did we completely forget about the guy who was supposed to be the #1 player in this draft only like a year ago?"

And obviously I don't know if he will succeed or how good he will be. But if I had to guess, I would say at least a really good, 200ft 2C in the NHL. Maybe at worst a 3C. But I think he's still got 1C potential. I could see Ratty playing on a line with Barzal honestly. They could both share responsibilities. And I think it would be a big boost to Barzal. But maybe they'd have him on another line. Either way.

I think, chances are on the + side that he will succeed. If I could get him back I would. But the guy who owns him now isn't going to move him for anything short of overpay.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)