Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Evander Kane bet on games? (EDIT: and paid for WHAT?!)

The Great One

Default Re: Evander Kane bet on games?

I think there’s an excellent chance he returns with the Sharks. He’s a douche and he’s going through an ugly divorce but there is nothing in his play to indicate he’s been trying to throw games. This investigation will conclude that there is no evidence he bet on his own games. After the complete shit show we just witnessed with playoff officiating we’re going to pin the integrity of the sport on Evander Kane? **** off.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I think there’s an excellent chance he returns with the Sharks. He’s a douche and he’s going through an ugly divorce but there is nothing in his play to indicate he’s been trying to throw games. This investigation will conclude that there is no evidence he bet on his own games. After the complete shit show we just witnessed with playoff officiating we’re going to pin the integrity of the sport on Evander Kane? **** off.
    Amen. That. The list of athletes who aren’t really role models isn’t short, and Evander Kane isn’t #1 on it.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Titan

Well, it's more of will he be found guilty of gambling on sports games, or NHL games. Will the investigation unearth something that would cause issues if he's actually doing stuff with criminals, and will the team want him back. I think that was more the question of "will he be back" than "being a good role model"...

Lets be real here, if the team doesn't want him back, would it surprise us if E.Kane was found guilty of something that would allow SJS to void his contract?

Also, throw games vs betting on games is very different. Someone pointed out that he lead the league in PIMS in 2018/2019 seasons, which easily could have been part of bets. But the bets can be anything, but there is way too much up in the air to guess anything seriously.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    That's notable -- thanks.

(P.s. Wasn't saying it was just Jets players, was more asking if there were reports of others because I hadn't seen or heard anything like that from the Sharks. Very interesting and good to know. Thx for posting it.)
    No problem bud.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Doesn't sound like the Sharks want him. He has been late to games and practices, and then with gambling and bringing the team into it and now this.... It's been said it has had a ripple effect on the younger players too. SJ doesn't want him back. They have tried for a year to move him, and it sounds like a week ago they were working hard on that. Too much drama and problems.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

Lets be real here, if the team doesn't want him back, would it surprise us if E.Kane was found guilty of something that would allow SJS to void his contract?
    No. This is what I'm expecting.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wait I'm late to the party and I'm too lazy to read 5 pages.

How many jokes were made about him being a perfect fit on the Montreal Canadiens? I hope the DH forums made me proud.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Ruh-roh. (sub req'd for link below)
    https://theathletic.com/news/judge-r...t/6eUxPR75fBSZ

A general internet link:
    https://www.thepuckers.com/?no=53173&s=100

Looks like Evander Kane has been paying to keep his sperm from growing inside women...
    What.a.guy.

One has to wonder if 3rd parties for the Sharks are looking around and thinking/saying "What else is out there to help us get this cancer off the team?"

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Ruh-roh. (sub req'd for link below)
    https://theathletic.com/news/judge-r...t/6eUxPR75fBSZ

Looks like Evander Kane has been paying to keep his sperm from growing inside women...
    What.a.guy.

One has to wonder if 3rd parties for the Sharks are looking around and thinking/saying "What else is out there to help us get this cancer off the team?"
    This part isn't even new, it's just another chapter early in the Kane book we all forgot about lol.

I 100% believe Sharks will be doing anything to void his deal. Anything.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    This part isn't even new
    The original situation isn't new...
    But the case being opened up to "discovery" is...
    Also - social media has come a LONG way in the last 3 years...
    And they are about to fry his ass.

Now, a new concern: A federal bankruptcy judge gave the go-ahead for discovery in a lawsuit filed by Hope Parker, who alleges Kane reneged on a promise to pay her at least $2 million if she aborted their pregnancy.

That means Parker, who first sued in 2018 in California state court, can begin seeking testimony and electronic correspondence from Kane, who says he changed his mind about paying Parker before she sent him proof of the abortion. That argument did not win over bankruptcy judge Stephen Johnson.

The Great One

The original situation isn't new...
    But the case being opened up to "discovery" is...
    Also - social media has come a LONG way in the last 3 years...
    And they are about to fry his ass.

Now, a new concern: A federal bankruptcy judge gave the go-ahead for discovery in a lawsuit filed by Hope Parker, who alleges Kane reneged on a promise to pay her at least $2 million if she aborted their pregnancy.

That means Parker, who first sued in 2018 in California state court, can begin seeking testimony and electronic correspondence from Kane, who says he changed his mind about paying Parker before she sent him proof of the abortion. That argument did not win over bankruptcy judge Stephen Johnson.
    Basically, this case is just about whether the $2 million gets wiped out with the bankruptcy or not. It's a contractual matter. This story was reported in 2018, without the woman's actual name published. I'm not sure how the bankruptcy aspect changes things very much. Unless you mean the changes in social attitudes over the past three years means the bar we use to evaluate human beings will result in Evander being viewed more harshly today for the action he took, and was reported on, 3 years ago? I certainly would agree that the bar is not the same today. I just don't see how the bankruptcy element of this case will matter very much?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Evander Kane bet on games? (EDIT: and paid for WHAT?!)

just not a good human, i hope he never plays in NHL again, obviously that will not happen....
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Evander Kane bet on games? (EDIT: and paid for WHAT?!)

I heard that the $2mill could likely not be bundled into the bankruptcy and he would have to pay her the $2mill. Either way, I hope his contract gets voided and he ends up having to sign in the KHL for nothing because they've spent all their capital already.

I've never also understood the "well he can't realllly effect games he bets on outside of purposely losing and you'd see that". You can bet on SOG and hits on a per game bet, or season long bet. He led the league in those...betting isn't Win or Loss anymore. Whatever, I hope he doesn't stick in the league as a bit of a message to players that your talent can't always hold you in the league if you are a terrible person.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Basically, this case is just about whether the $2 million gets wiped out with the bankruptcy or not. It's a contractual matter. This story was reported in 2018, without the woman's actual name published. I'm not sure how the bankruptcy aspect changes things very much.

Well - we need LawMan - but I think all-things-Evander-Kane could get flushed out here.
    The new-ness of this (or so it feels to me) is that information about Kane's money movements seems like it will be disclosed.
    I would expect that somebody as untactful (word?) as Kane might have texts or conversations where he mixes in shady-shit that flushes out more shady-shit.

In shorter form - Kane has four very negative things surrounding him: Bankruptcy, Divorce, Gambling, AbortionAgreementPayment.
    All of these things involve money... and so all may have a link that ties them together and pulls information out.
    What is disclosed or not... IDK... but this singular case seems (IDK... seems) like it could have the power to flush things out.

If I'm the SJ organization - I've got two fingers crossed behind my back and many, many lawyers helping wherever they can.

As if the guy can't do more damage to himself... here's an article from yesterday showing him "parading" (?!?) around his new girlfriend:
    https://radaronline.com/p/evander-ka...raining-order/

[I don't know what consitutes "parading"... not my word.]

The Great One

All of these things involve money... and so all may have a link that ties them together and pulls information out.
    I hadn't really considered this, and it's an interesting point. With the legal process in play, it could be harder to bury certain things and/or Kane might be compelled to disclose things he otherwise would not disclose. If there is anything in his past that he does want buried, then this would suggest to me that Kane would have an incentive to settle this case instead of going to court. If he settles, everything stays buried.