Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Evander Kane bet on games? (EDIT: and paid for WHAT?!)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Evander Kane bet on games?

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The fact his teammates hate him and don't want a good player back on the team shows how people actually hate him too. Who knows what his NHL future is once his NHL contract is done too.
    Is this a current thing with the Sharks too, or more referring to his days with the Jets?

Just curious, as I hadn't heard/read those murmurs coming from Sharks players (which doesn't mean it isn't out there).
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Is this a current thing with the Sharks too, or more referring to his days with the Jets?

Just curious, as I hadn't heard/read those murmurs coming from Sharks players (which doesn't mean it isn't out there).
    It came out during all of this that the Sharks locker room doesn't want Kane in it. About a month ago there was rumours Kane was on the trading block randomly.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    Seems, eh.....
    Haha well ok I guess we can all comfortably say he IS a bad person.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am sure it's not just with the Jets. Something I found in life, when someone is an ******* in life, it's not exclusive to just one person or one team.... just like a bully. While we take it as personal when we're being attacked, we're not all that special. People tend to be who they are to everyone. With some people it may come out later, but it usually shows its ugly face.

He also has had a history of women coming out, making accusations. You might question the one, but when it's several over a course of different cities and years, it becomes less about what he said, she said, but more likely that he's at fault. Which is why the wife's accusations don't surprise me. Also, doesn't make himself look professional at all with the passive aggressive messages we have seen from his side in this online drama that's unfolding. Then there is the gambling... yeah, it's not just a "Jets thing." The guy is a royal piece of ______.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Haha well ok I guess we can all comfortably say he IS a bad person.
    That is correct.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I am sure it's not just with the Jets. Something I found in life, when someone is an ******* in life, it's not exclusive to just one person or one team.... just like a bully. While we take it as personal when we're being attacked, we're not all that special. People tend to be who they are to everyone. With some people it may come out later, but it usually shows its ugly face.

He also has had a history of women coming out, making accusations. You might question the one, but when it's several over a course of different cities and years, it becomes less about what he said, she said, but more likely that he's at fault. Which is why the wife's accusations don't surprise me. Also, doesn't make himself look professional at all with the passive aggressive messages we have seen from his side in this online drama that's unfolding. Then there is the gambling... yeah, it's not just a "Jets thing." The guy is a royal piece of ______.
    Well, that I get. But there's a difference between that and said player's own team/teammates saying they want him gone. That's extraordinary, and what made the Jets situation so intriguing. Even then, Kane's personal flaws were pretty well known. The shocking part was his own teammates revolting against him (and shocking only because professional athletes typically pride themselves on cohesiveness and keeping issues in the locker room between themselves).

So I think it'd really noteworthy if yet another team, comprised of a different set of players, were outwardly reacting the same to him.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well, that I get. But there's a difference between that and said player's own team/teammates saying they want him gone. That's extraordinary, and what made the Jets situation so intriguing. Even then, Kane's personal flaws were pretty well known. The shocking part was his own teammates revolting against him (and shocking only because professional athletes typically pride themselves on cohesiveness and keeping issues in the locker room between themselves).

So I think it'd really noteworthy if yet another team, comprised of a different set of players, were outwardly reacting the same to him.
    I am sure his teammates in Buffalo would have to say something about that, and then there's the rumours a month ago that Sharks players were unhappy with Evander.

When it comes to this guy, nothing surprises me anymore. So relieved to have him off my roster, and who knows, the NHL might not find anything and he is okay'ed to play... but it sounds like San Jose wants to be done with this player (which is also another sign), and if that's the case, not too sure what team wants to take on this problem. Where ever Kane goes, drama and toxicity follows.

The Great One

Lehner sure came to his defense. So not all the players he's played with dislike him.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Initiate

So to the person who said it was just Jets players.....226836971_243492514275712_1241822075506355215_n (1).png

Dobber Sports Veteran

So to the person who said it was just Jets players.....226836971_243492514275712_1241822075506355215_n (1).png
    That's notable -- thanks.

(P.s. Wasn't saying it was just Jets players, was more asking if there were reports of others because I hadn't seen or heard anything like that from the Sharks. Very interesting and good to know. Thx for posting it.)

Dobber Sports Ninja

So what are the odds that Kane returns to SJ? Any bets on where he gets traded to? Is Montreal a longshot? I'd wager he ends up in Arizona or has his contract bought out (if that's still possible).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports All-Star

MAB can’t wait to get him. He should fill in nicely until Mailloux is ready.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    MAB can’t wait to get him. He should fill in nicely until Mailloux is ready.
    "In for a penny, in for a pound" - Anonymous GM of a Canadien-based team
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

ok, ok…. Different scale but somehow the same. For our “state” club soccer team, I chose a kid with ADHD who’d physically beaten up two of the other players and was put into an adjudicated school (yeah, for “offenses”). It took WORK as the coach, but respect isn’t black and white, but a long series of gray zones. If Kane plays for SJS, and brings his best on the ice then his teammates will hate less.

Or has the ship sailed? I mean, he DID lead the Sharks in scoring last season. And more than 150% of Logan Couture’s output.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    So what are the odds that Kane returns to SJ? Any bets on where he gets traded to? Is Montreal a longshot? I'd wager he ends up in Arizona or has his contract bought out (if that's still possible).
    If he's actually guilty then I hope nobody wants him. Sick of hearing about this guy for all the wrong reasons.