Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Evander Kane bet on games? (EDIT: and paid for WHAT?!)

The Great One

Default Re: Evander Kane bet on games? (EDIT: and paid for WHAT?!)

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I heard that the $2mill could likely not be bundled into the bankruptcy
    I'm not Lawman, or anything remotely similar, but what I've read is that under "normal" circumstances the $2million absolutely could be bundled into the bankruptcy. The allegation is that Kane committed fraud, and if THAT is true, then the $2million would not be eligible. The allegation is that he made a promise to pay if she had the abortion, and then changed his mind after the fact. My understanding is that the woman will need to win on the point that Kane never intended to pay her, and committed fraud in his dealings with her. [And to prove or disprove these allegations, I could definitely see why a lawyer would want access to his text messages, to see WHAT he said, and WHEN he said it.]

In other news, in my main hockey pool, a competitor GM just updated his trade block with one name: Evander Kane, lol.

Dobber Sports Sage

Pretty safe to cross Kane off the ballot for the King Clancy award.
    Is there a worse piece of shit in pro sports?

Dobber Sports Pro

This Hope Parker also sounds like a piece of work:

Plaintiff (Parker) was unwilling to terminate the third pregnancy until Defendant (Kane) offered her two to three million dollars to do so,” Johnson wrote. (According to bankruptcy court documents, Parker allegedly aborted a fetus conceived with the hockey player twice before, and Kane paid her $125,000 for the second abortion

Kane apparently paid her 1-2 times before to abort 2 previous pregnancies?? How stupid is he? Can't invest in some form of birth control? And this woman is willing to resort to the trauma of getting abortions to blackmail more and more money?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    This Hope Parker also sounds like a piece of work:

Plaintiff (Parker) was unwilling to terminate the third pregnancy until Defendant (Kane) offered her two to three million dollars to do so,” Johnson wrote. (According to bankruptcy court documents, Parker allegedly aborted a fetus conceived with the hockey player twice before, and Kane paid her $125,000 for the second abortion

Kane apparently paid her 1-2 times before to abort 2 previous pregnancies?? How stupid is he? Can't invest in some form of birth control? And this woman is willing to resort to the trauma of getting abortions to blackmail more and more money?
    Play with Fire......
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Ninja

The pregnancy stuff is old news.

More curious to see what comes out of the NHL's investigation on the betting allegations.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Evander Kane bet on games?

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Well - we need LawMan - but I think all-things-Evander-Kane could get flushed out here.
    The new-ness of this (or so it feels to me) is that information about Kane's money movements seems like it will be disclosed.
    I would expect that somebody as untactful (word?) as Kane might have texts or conversations where he mixes in shady-shit that flushes out more shady-shit.

In shorter form - Kane has four very negative things surrounding him: Bankruptcy, Divorce, Gambling, AbortionAgreementPayment.
    All of these things involve money... and so all may have a link that ties them together and pulls information out.
    What is disclosed or not... IDK... but this singular case seems (IDK... seems) like it could have the power to flush things out.
    Yes, allowing discovery to move forward is likely to open up a number of issues that Kane thought he had closed or kept hidden. When you agree to pay people hush money, you need to pay them. Of course, you also need to try to avoid needing to do that in the first place.

There may be something that pops up regarding betting, or something we don't know about yet, which will make things worse.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Sexual assault and domestic violence allegations in a restraining order application in the divorce filings are now the new thing for Kane.

https://frontofficesports.com/sharks...f-allegations/

The allegations are disturbing if true.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It's probably likely that the couple had shouting matches and possibly (probably?) a few physical altercations or sexual encounters that crossed the line.
    Marriage is a strange thing. I can't honestly say that I know the lawful bounds... but I do know men that think its fair game to force themselves on their wives from time-to-time... and I do know women that think its acceptable to slap or push their husband when they get angry because their man is physically stronger and "can take it". It wouldn't surprise me if both/either of these is true with a fiery couple like this. I'm not sure how anybody proves any of it between married people.
    [fwiw - my wife and I respect each other to a point of never having done these things noted above... but I know people that think it's fine within a marriage... *not wanting to go deeper into that* but might be applicable here]

Seems like a lot of finger-pointing between two humans that really weren't fit to be marriage material in the first place.
    I don't see these accusations (by either side) as having any added substance to keeping Kane from his profession (hockey w/SJ).

I still think Evander Kane is inline for a standard season with standard minutes for SJ.
    And I only discuss this in depth as a point towards his fantasy hockey value.

(likely Kane won't get invited to any unofficial Sharks parties or events... and likely his teammates avoid small-talk with him in the locker-room... that's probably the impact there. I've played men's league with ********... it's doable... teammates don't need to include other teammates in chit-chat if they don't want... you can still pass the puck around on the ice and do what's needed to win a game...)

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm with P7 on the stance with Kane. The only thing is this might add more fuel to possibly SJS trying to void his deal to get him off the team...if that's what they want to do. But we'll know before the season starts if he's still on the team.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have reason to believe Montreal might be interested if Kane could be had at a discount. GM shows that he's willing to take on players with sketchy histories...lol!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I have reason to believe Montreal might be interested if Kane could be had at a discount. GM shows that he's willing to take on players with sketchy histories...lol!
    Same with Oilers, Ottawa, San Jose, Minnesota, Florida, Detroit, Anaheim, Carolina etc.
    Literally any team.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Ace

Investigators complete. No evidence to corroborate her story

https://novacapsfans.com/2021/09/22/...xb0mHMQNlAPG0I
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Administrator

Buy low!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

The outcome isn't surprising... the whole thing reaks of vindictive psycho ex wife. Now she's accusing him of rape.

The article suggests they uncovered other bad things about him during the course of the investigation. Let's see what else...

Dobber Sports Monster

https://twitter.com/SanJoseSharks/st...61950972358657

Kane will not be at camp to start until investigation into other allegations complete.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry