Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Evander Kane bet on games? (EDIT: and paid for WHAT?!)

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Evander Kane bet on games?

Not sure what you expected from an NHLer named 'Kane'
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    How much you think the NHL paid Kane's wife to say this?
    bawooo?
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Ya know, this’ll take the spotlight off the Blackhawks. NEW scandal always trumps OLD scandal. And that’s terrible.
    Sad, but true. I hope it doesn't. Chicago scandal is ugly, but so is what Montreal did and Carolina reinstating a known racist/Trump supporter. Eh, they are one in the same. Reinstate Voynov while you're at it. Ugh...

It's so difficult to be a hockey fan these days.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    Sad, but true. I hope it doesn't. Chicago scandal is ugly, but so is what Montreal did and Carolina reinstating a known racist/Trump supporter. Eh, they are one in the same. Reinstate Voynov while you're at it. Ugh...

It's so difficult to be a hockey fan these days.
    Sad days for sure. This Kane story is extremely sad on many levels. As a married man, I cannot imagine treating my spouse and/or child like he has. Truly heartbreaking and I hope the truth (good or bad) comes out. I’ve always rooted against the Kings, but have a ton of respect with how they handled the Voynov situation. As an overall NHL fan, I hope we can learn and grow from both the Kane and Chicago issues.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    Sad days for sure. This Kane story is extremely sad on many levels. As a married man, I cannot imagine treating my spouse and/or child like he has. Truly heartbreaking and I hope the truth (good or bad) comes out. I’ve always rooted against the Kings, but have a ton of respect with how they handled the Voynov situation. As an overall NHL fan, I hope we can learn and grow from both the Kane and Chicago issues.
    The NHL is really living up to its motto, "Hockey is for everyone, including sex offenders, women abusers, compulsive gamblers, and racists."

This off season is dark in contrast to other off seasons. 2011 was for other reasons. This is just becoming gross with the current events.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    The NHL is really living up to its motto, "Hockey is for everyone, including sex offenders, women abusers, compulsive gamblers, and racists."

This off season is dark in contrast to other off seasons. 2011 was for other reasons. This is just becoming gross with the current events.
    ‘Hockey is for everyone’ who can afford basic cable + NHL Center Ice… and still be blacked out of local games.

But in all honesty, completely agree with you. This off-season faces different challenges to recent ones, and the NHL has an opportunity to make the right of wrong stance on multiple issues.

Dobber Sports Guru

Kane responded on Twitter: https://twitter.com/evanderkane_9/st...07060912689152

He calls the allegations completely false, says it's his estranged wife and soon to be ex-wife making the accusations. He says he has never bet on hockey games and has never thrown a game.

In terms of not being there for his daughter, he says he does support the mother of his child, and he does try to be in contact with his daughter, but the mother won't let him be as involved as he would like. He also writes "I would encourage people to realize that someone who goes to this length to try and jeopardize someone's career with lies is mentally unwell."

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Veteran

San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane has publicly denied an allegation made by his wife on social media that he bet on National Hockey League games and has intentionally tried to lose for gambling profit.
    “Unfortunately I would like to address the completely FALSE accusations that my estranged and soon to be ex-wife has made against me.” Kane wrote in a statement he released on Twitter Sunday morning.

“Even against the advice of my legal team I feel strongly that the public and fans here [sic] this directly from me. I have NEVER gambled/bet on Hockey, NEVER gambled/bet on a Sharks game, NEVER gambled/bet on any of my games and NEVER thrown a hockey game.”
    Well, he's drawn a clear line in the sand here with regard to the gambling accusations.

Should be easy enough to confirm whether he's ever laid a wager on an NHL game or a Sharks game. And given his plain denial of both, if either turns out to be true, I'd imagine that's enough to sink him for good and the "throwing a game" part of it is irrelevant as it relates to him (still relevant to the NHL though, obviously).
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov

Dobber Sports Stud

[QUOTE=newfcollins;2144076]Kane responded on Twitter: https://twitter.com/evanderkane_9/st...07060912689152

He calls the allegations completely false, says it's his estranged wife and soon to be ex-wife making the accusations. He says he has never bet on hockey games and has never thrown a game.

In terms of not being there for his daughter, he says he does support the mother of his child, and he does try to be in contact with his daughter, but the mother won't let him be as involved as he would like. He also writes "I would encourage people to realize that someone who goes to this length to try and jeopardize someone's career with lies is mentally unwell."[/QUOTE

True or false - either way - it does show how awfully nasty divorces and break-ups can be.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Sage

He didn't need to throw games for San Jose to lose...
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It’s funny because there really isn’t even a lot Kane (or any hockey player save maybe a goalie) can do to really impact the outcome of the game. I understand why it’s not allowed (and it shouldn’t be), but this is a big deal because of optics rather than impacts.

Administrator

Career-best in pts/game
    Major reduction in PIM
    Improved +/- (FWIW)
    Increase in ice time (coach didn't think he was hurting them)

If he bet on games recently I don't think he was betting to lose.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

I could see him bet on NHL games for sure. I could even see him bet on his own games. I highly doubt he tried to "throw" games, because (as mentioned), that would be near impossible. I could see a pitcher being able to throw a ball game (no pun intended), or a goalie a hockey game, a quarterback in football, and perhaps a superstar basketball player.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I could see him bet on NHL games for sure. I could even see him bet on his own games. I highly doubt he tried to "throw" games, because (as mentioned), that would be near impossible. I could see a pitcher being able to throw a ball game (no pun intended), or a goalie a hockey game, a quarterback in football, and perhaps a superstar basketball player.
    I agree that it would be hard for a single player to guarantee a loss, but he could sure move the needle (if he wanted to, not saying he did). You can take penalties, you can make bad passes, you can miss the net, give the puck away, etc. More than enough to make a bet profitable in the long run I would think.

Dobber Sports Ninja

There's always two sides to the story

Sure Kane is probably a piece of shit human being... I don't think anyone doubts that. But his wife also has all the incentive in the world to bury him with wild accusations right now, especially in the middle of a nasty divorce.

I personally don't believe even Kane is stupid enough to bet on his own games and throw them. His stats last season certainly don't support the accusation.