Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DOBBER POOLS ARE UP!!!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re:DOBBER POOLS ARE UP!!!

could do the 14th as well but would be last chioce as it would mean sneeking away early from the grind or calling in sick , can do this but prefer not to.as for being prepared and a two hr. estimate , i doubt that will happen.i think we should all be prepared for the long haul if need be.i\'m not the most mature pooler that\'s for sure and will want to have chance to check #\'s at pick time.my reg pool has 15 rds at draft and takes about 4hrs,thats with 16 teams.anyways looking forward to this.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I can\'t do the 14th, just stick with the 16th like originally planned and get Repent to pre set his draft or not join. Nothing personal Repent but I don\'t think many dudes, or their wives, will go for a Friday night draft versus one on Sunday.

Will the draft be timed? At 2 minutes per pick and 12 teams of 24, the draft would take no longer than 9:36. I agree there is no way this will be done in 2 hours.

Dobber Sports Expert

I guess I\'m out then. I would ask that next year, participants be consulted before drafting weekends are chosen. Of the three that are being used, my draft is on the only one where I\'m not in the country.

I...am your father.

repenttokyo wrote:
    I guess I\'m out then. I would ask that next year, participants be consulted before drafting weekends are chosen. Of the three that are being used, my draft is on the only one where I\'m not in the country.

Do the auto draft - this type of pool requires skill throughout the year more than most, so you can ensure that your team is at least competitive. For next year, the top two in this division will be in the expert league and the bottom two will be in the rookie league. The middle eight will have the right to compete in the pro division again. That\'s why I want you to stick with it, because next year there may not be a spot (unless someone declines).

Sorry about the timing, but the expert league needs to go first so I can prepare the pool guide. Alternatively, maybe one of the rookie winners will be a regular in this forum and you can switch with him and compete in the rookie division.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Expert

Dobber wrote:
    repenttokyo wrote:

Do the auto draft - this type of pool requires skill throughout the year more than most, so you can ensure that your team is at least competitive. For next year, the top two in this division will be in the expert league and the bottom two will be in the rookie league. The middle eight will have the right to compete in the pro division again. That\'s why I want you to stick with it, because next year there may not be a spot (unless someone declines).

Sorry about the timing, but the expert league needs to go first so I can prepare the pool guide. Alternatively, maybe one of the rookie winners will be a regular in this forum and you can switch with him and
    compete in the rookie division.
    if you think I can be competitive with the autodraft, then I will give it a shot. I trust your opinion Dobber.

looks like I am back in!

Post edited by: repenttokyo, at: 2007/08/30 21:38

Dobber Sports Expert

I went to the Yahoo site today and they have opened up all their draft dates - All dates and times in September are now available. Burnsy, what do you think?

Dobber Sports Expert

Thank you for the draft change Burnsy, I appreciate it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just a quick note...

last year we did a 12 team 24 man roster...that\'s 288 players. Not everyone showed up (which helped move things along)...but we finished in about 1:45. Keep in mind the first 3 rounds move SUPER quick...and with the knowledge from the managers in these leagues rounds 4-10 should move fairly quick too. I\'m placing my bet on 2:22. I\'d like to hear how it goes.

-Freddy

P.S. I\'m sure I missed the boat...but what does one have to accomplish to be asked to be in these leagues?
    Y! H2H-12 Team; 6th yr - keep 14 for 12-13 season. (*kept from last year)

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,SOG,SH%, HITS
    W,GA,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO

3C- *Stamkos, *Tavares, *Ribiero, Little (+RW), Brassard, Roy
    3LW- *Ovechkin, *Lupul (+RW), Jokinen (+C), McDonald (+C)
    3RW- *Kessel, *Semin (+LW), *Skinner (+C), *Voracek, Purcell
    4D- *Phanuef, *Green, Carle, Wisniewski, Ellis
    4Util
    2G- *Luongo, *Halak, *Holtby, Lindback
    IR - None (yet)

Dobber Sports Ninja

I agree, I think with some knowledgeable GMs (and a fairly simple scoring system) that it shouldn\'t take much longer then 2-3 hours.

This particular set of folks was picked just based on board activity at the time.

Dobber Sports Expert

I was told that one day I may be called upon to perform a difficult favour. That day may never come.