Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DOBBER POOLS ARE UP!!!

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re:DOBBER POOLS ARE UP!!!

hoopej2 wrote:
    Burnsy, nothing against the GM who is busy on the 16th, but if you start changing the date, you\'ll never get one that is good for everyone. I run another league and it\'s nearly impossible to get a date that everyone can attend.
    The thing is, I asked for the draft dates about a month ago, so I could
    avoid this kind of situation developing. It\'s really the only weekend in september that I am not available. It would be sad to miss out on participating just because of a missed draft date.

Post edited by: repenttokyo, at: 2007/08/28 14:11

Dobber Sports Ninja

I havn\'t received the invite then. There\'s a good chance that it\'s either just delayed, simply because it\'s Yahoo! and they do that, or because it was sent to yahoo.com, and not yahoo.ca which is what happens many times.

Looking forward to getting things rolling!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Dobber you\'re right I didnt catch that that, maybe i should start sleeping during the night? Can you adjust one round, in this case the third, on internet draft? I\'m pretty sure you cant move picks around on Yahoo.

Dobber Sports Icon

big_dl wrote:
    Dobber you\'re right I didnt catch that that, maybe i should start sleeping during the night? Can you adjust one round, in this case the third, on internet draft? I\'m pretty sure you cant move picks around on Yahoo.
    you can do it in places like cbs, but I\'m not sure either whether yahoo allows for it...
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

you can\'t on yahoo.

I think a simple snake draft is the best option, and should be used in 99% of drafts.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

I...am your father.

angus wrote:
    you can\'t on yahoo.

I think a simple snake draft is the best option, and should be used in 99% of drafts.
    I disagree, especially with an odd number of players. I really believe the 1-12, 12-1, 12-1 and then regular snake from that point is the best way to go with odd players. Yahoo made a ton of changes, are you sure they can\'t accomodate?

Also, repenttokyo - Burnsy tells me that Yahoo is now booked solid through the end of the summer. He can\'t move the draft date back. He may be able to go a couple days earlier.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Expert

Dobber wrote:
    angus wrote:
    you can\'t on yahoo.

Also, repenttokyo - Burnsy tells me that Yahoo is now booked solid through the end of the summer. He can\'t move the draft date back. He may be able to go a couple days earlier.
    I know they aren\'t booked completely solid - I moved my draft 3 times this evening alone within a one week period...A lot of the dates past the week of the tenth are full, but before that, a lot is open. For example, friday the 14th, all times are available. In terms of earlier, that Friday would work for me.

I don\'t mean to be a pain, but I would like to participate. I am completely willing to make the time for his draft, it\'s just that on the day that was chosen, I won\'t even be in the country.

Post edited by: repenttokyo, at: 2007/08/28 23:59

Dobber Sports Rookie

I will be switching the number of bench spots to 4 so that the total number of players drafted will be 24 and we can put this 1-12,21-1 blah blah blah to rest.

Also, I cannot move the 2nd division draft later unless we go to a few days before the season starts. The other option is a day or two earlier. Ultimately it will be majority rules. I will allow 3 days for any other members of the 2nd division pool to take issue with moving the draft to evening of Friday the 14th.

If guys come prepared, the draft will take no longer than 2 hours.

As commish I will run a fair but tight ship. Boo-hoo\'ing will not be tolerated.

Burnsy

Dobber Sports Icon

Burnsy wrote:
    i think that\'s definitely wishfull thinking, but I suppose as long as everyone\'s prepared it won\'t take all night... we always have during other people\'s picks to \"prepare\" for our own.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Rookie

I will be out of town until Saturday so don\'t panic if emails or questions are not answered until then. Thanks

Dobber Sports Stud

Hello Burnsy \'et al\'

Friday, the 14th doesn\'t work for me.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The 16th is fine as is the 14th... IE I will be team \"smashmouth\" in div 2

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Burnsy wrote:
    I will be switching the number of bench spots to 4 so that the total number of players drafted will be 24 and we can put this 1-12,21-1 blah blah blah to rest.

Also, I cannot move the 2nd division draft later unless we go to a few days before the season starts. The other option is a day or two earlier. Ultimately it will be majority rules. I will allow 3 days for any other members of the 2nd division pool to take issue with moving the draft to evening of Friday the 14th.

As commish I will run a fair but tight ship. Boo-hoo\'ing will not be tolerated.

Burnsy
    Yeah...there is no crying in hockey!!!!!.... ummm or was that Baseball??

Dobber Sports Ninja

dynamo45 wrote:
    Yeah...there is no crying in hockey!!!!!.... ummm or was that Baseball??[/quote]

Didn\'t you see the 2005 World Junior Championship silver medalist Russian team that lost to Canada? Wow, they were bawling their eyes out. To me it just shows that they really wanted to win. Man that team had Malkin and Ovechkin on it. That Canadian team really stepped it up physically in the gold medal game.

There\'s no crying in baseball, if you get a hang nail or blister, they have the 15 and 60 day disabled lists!:lol:
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

the 16th would be great i\'m registered.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack