Thread: Rask-The dilemma

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Rask-The dilemma

Are you holding Rask? I’m in a a spot where I want to but I dunno if I should. If it’s a drop I will be looking at keeping One of Martinez Ekholm Arvid Kapanen or Schenn.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Rask-The dilemma

The contract they signed Ullmark to indicates to me that the B's don't have alot of faith in him coming back, and even if he does, it may not be til the end of the year. I'd drop him and probably lean toward keeping Schenn.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I own Rask as well but will hold only because I only have one other G on my roster. You look like you can afford to drop Rask with the other G you own. From what I have read here in Boston, if Rask does comeback i dont see it as the#1. Rask has said he would be fine to come back in a lesser role as backup or 1B. I was surprised at the contract given Ullmark, the money and term tell me the Bruins are ready to move on. Sweeney has said the door is open for Rask to comeback and Swayman can be sent to the minors so there is a possibility but I dont think the odds are good. I think it depends on how Ullmark/Swayman handle the load and how Rask recuperates from surgery. For you I dont think its worth the risk if Rask retires.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Grand Master

In your situation, I'd also drop Rask. You've got the depth, and while I'm not tied into the Bruins stuff as much as the poster above me, what he says makes sense.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Well, I'm envious, I'm in the same boat but have no where near the depth that you do. I just can't justify burning a roster spot on Rask when there are other decent goaltending options available to you. I honestly think Rask is done one way or the other, he either retires or comes back as a back up and other than loyalty, which is indeed rare in professional sports these days, I don't know why the Bruins wouldn't simply move on. Adding either Schenn or Kapanen will help your team more than taking a Hail Mary on Rask IMO.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf