Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boqvist Vs Hronek

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Boqvist Vs Hronek

Hi everyone!

He offers me Hronek for my Boqvist, Keeper League, Points Only, 1 pt goal / assist. Would you do it? Is it worth it?

The Great One

Default Re: Boqvist Vs Hronek

I prefer Hronek.

Boqvist has lots of talent but is blocked by Werenski.

Hronek is on the first PP unit and there doesn't appear to be anyone on the roster who can take it away from him.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ace

Hronek’s production right now is, in my mind, the best we could hope for from Boqvist in his current situation. Werenski is now locked in, and I can’t see Boqvist taking the top PP from him unless they split a unit like they sometimes did when Jones was still there. Hronek is more proven, but Boqvist has higher offensive ceiling. Depends how much of a gambler you are, I suppose.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rs421 View Post
    Hi everyone!

He offers me Hronek for my Boqvist, Keeper League, Points Only, 1 pt goal / assist. Would you do it? Is it worth it?
    What do the rest of your D look like?
    If you an afford to sit on Boqvist, his higher upside could pay off in the long run.
    Are you rebuilding or in win-now mode?

Dobber Sports Novice

The other D are:

Makar
    Theodore
    Hughes
    Smith
    Byram
    Bouchard
    Brannstrom

Dobber Sports Star

Even with Werenski's new contract, I'd prefer Boqvist. Hronek is not the PP1 future, he is only the best thing the Wings have available. Or at least he was before Leddy got traded; Hronek probably drops off PP1 this year. Boqvist is a better offensive player by all measures, so go with him.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Even with Werenski's new contract, I'd prefer Boqvist. Hronek is not the PP1 future, he is only the best thing the Wings have available. Or at least he was before Leddy got traded; Hronek probably drops off PP1 this year. Boqvist is a better offensive player by all measures, so go with him.
    I highly doubt Hronek loses his power play spot to Leddy.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I highly doubt Hronek loses his power play spot to Leddy.
    I think he does.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcelly View Post
    I think he does.
    There’s also Seider on the way, and Dobber gives him a 3yp of 50 in the prospect guide. Not saying it will happen right away, but I think Seider will eventually take that PP spot.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

G:

IR:

The Great One

Detroit would have to change up their power play format, if Leddy is going to steal the spot from Hronek.

Hronek is a right-handed shot and Leddy shoot lefts. Hronek doesn't play the point on the power play, like a lot of dmen. He plays on the half wall, with Larkin usually on the point.

If Leddy takes over for Hronek, something has to change with the format.

As for Seider, he is a possible option to replace Hronek long-term, but he has to significantly improve his shot (in terms of quality and quantity). Seider shoots very little, and scores even less, so he isn't necessarily a good option on the power play.

The way Detroit runs their power play right now, they rely on Hronek and Zadina to rip the one timers along the walls.

Obviously, Detroit is not a high-scoring team and their power play could use some improvements, but I don't think the formation will change. I think the improvements on their power play will happen organically with Bertuzzi and Vrana for a full season, to go along with Zadina, Hronek, and Larkin.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Star

Detroit would have to change up their power play format, if Leddy is going to steal the spot from Hronek.

Hronek is a right-handed shot and Leddy shoot lefts. Hronek doesn't play the point on the power play, like a lot of dmen. He plays on the half wall, with Larkin usually on the point.

If Leddy takes over for Hronek, something has to change with the format.

As for Seider, he is a possible option to replace Hronek long-term, but he has to significantly improve his shot (in terms of quality and quantity). Seider shoots very little, and scores even less, so he isn't necessarily a good option on the power play.

The way Detroit runs their power play right now, they rely on Hronek and Zadina to rip the one timers along the walls.

Obviously, Detroit is not a high-scoring team and their power play could use some improvements, but I don't think the formation will change. I think the improvements on their power play will happen organically with Bertuzzi and Vrana for a full season, to go along with Zadina, Hronek, and Larkin.
    This could all be true and very likely will hold for the near future; the analysis is based on direct usage and that is better than gut observations. But for the OP's post wherein he seeks guidance for a keeper, is Hronek's current usage on the half-wall something that we foresee for the next 3 years? 5 years? As Detroit matures, adds players, etc., will we feel confident about Hronek being a PP mainstay? Based on points and pedigree, it seems hard to feel confident that Hronek will be a PP1 fixture for several years. Whether Leddy, or some future forward they develop or bring in, I think Hronek eventually gets bumped down.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    This could all be true and very likely will hold for the near future; the analysis is based on direct usage and that is better than gut observations. But for the OP's post wherein he seeks guidance for a keeper, is Hronek's current usage on the half-wall something that we foresee for the next 3 years? 5 years? As Detroit matures, adds players, etc., will we feel confident about Hronek being a PP mainstay? Based on points and pedigree, it seems hard to feel confident that Hronek will be a PP1 fixture for several years. Whether Leddy, or some future forward they develop or bring in, I think Hronek eventually gets bumped down.
    I tend to agree with you that eventually Hronek will lose the spot to someone. I just don't see it happening this coming season, based on the current roster. I can't speak beyond that because I have no idea what Detroit's roster will look like in 2 or 3 years, and beyond.

What I do know is that Boqvist is behind Werenski for the next 7 years, unless he is traded again, which, tbh, the fact that he's been traded twice already in his young career is a big red flag for me. I haven't been able to watch him play much, but I have read that he struggles defensively and his offensive game hasn't really advanced to the point of making up for his defensive liabilities. We could be looking at another highly-touted defensive prospect who just never pans out.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm thinking there is a little too much Boqvist love here and not quite enough Hronek love. Simpy put, Hronek is there now, I don't think Leddy or Seider change that any time soon. Boqvist has Zach in the way, and perhaps even Bean, and yes, I too think the fact that he's been traded twice already in his young career is a big red flag. I would also like someone to explain and justify, rather than just simply state, that Boqvist has considerably more upside than Hronek? The real time numbers don't seem to bear that out. I'm taking this deal. But definitely ask for more if the other guy is drinking the Boqvist koolaid (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Ace

I tend to agree with you that eventually Hronek will lose the spot to someone. I just don't see it happening this coming season, based on the current roster. I can't speak beyond that because I have no idea what Detroit's roster will look like in 2 or 3 years, and beyond.

What I do know is that Boqvist is behind Werenski for the next 7 years, unless he is traded again, which, tbh, the fact that he's been traded twice already in his young career is a big red flag for me. I haven't been able to watch him play much, but I have read that he struggles defensively and his offensive game hasn't really advanced to the point of making up for his defensive liabilities. We could be looking at another highly-touted defensive prospect who just never pans out.
    Was Boqvist not drafted by Chicago? When was this other trade?

*EDIT* Just realized the second trade was a hypothetical future trade.

​Pre Draft

G:

IR:

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I'm thinking there is a little too much Boqvist love here and not quite enough Hronek love. Simpy put, Hronek is there now, I don't think Leddy or Seider change that any time soon. Boqvist has Zach in the way, and perhaps even Bean, and yes, I too think the fact that he's been traded twice already in his young career is a big red flag. I would also like someone to explain and justify, rather than just simply state, that Boqvist has considerably more upside than Hronek? The real time numbers don't seem to bear that out. I'm taking this deal. But definitely ask for more if the other guy is drinking the Boqvist koolaid (:
    Agreed