Thread: Jack Studnicka vs Alex Texier

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Jack Studnicka vs Alex Texier

both drafted in the same year and round, which one will be the better centreman and player in the NHL? Its a trade straight up in a Dynasty league so im wondering which one will be better long term?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Jack Studnicka vs Alex Texier

I like Stud here long term.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Jack Studnicka vs Alex Texier

They were drafted in the same year and in the same round but that's about the only similarity between these two other than their projected upside is pretty much the same. They have taken quite different paths to get to where they are today. This makes it extremely difficult to assess and compare these guys.

Texier came out of the Liiga had a short (7 games) very successful stint in the AHL and has been on CBJ's roster for a full two years. His numbers have been so so, he actually regressed last year. However, he has played with decent line mates and was up to close to 17 minutes a night last year. I have no idea what is going to happen with the lines in Columbus this year, Texier could land just about anywhere other than the fourth line. I will note that injuries may be a concern here.

Jack on the other hand has not yet been able to crack the Bruins lineup, he has 20 games in compared to Texier's 87, Texier having lost time due to injury. Jack got in about 12 minutes a game and his line mates were most definitely bottom six guys like Trent Frederik. While Krejci's departure sure can't hurt Jack's chances there are still a number of guys in Jack's way and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he spends additional time in the AHL this coming season with call ups as necessary.

So, we have a guy who is going into his 3rd full NHL season and a guy who is still trying to crack the line up. I honestly have no idea who will have the better career and I humbly submit that neither does anyone else. In the short term however, Texier is in a much better position than Studnicka to have fantasy relevance. How much relevance, well that remains to be seen.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf