Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Fleury to Chicago

The Great One

Default Re: [TRADE] Fleury to Chicago

From his agent Alan Walsh...

While Marc-Andre Fleury still hasn’t heard from anybody with the Vegas Golden Knights, he has apparently been traded to Chicago. Marc-Andre will be taking time to discuss his situation with his family and seriously evaluate his hockey future at this time.
    Definitely not happy about it...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ace

this is a very very no class move from vegas trading fleury and he was not call or have been inform of that outch...
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    From his agent Alan Walsh...

Definitely not happy about it...
    Oooff. And MAF found out from twitter, and as of like 30min after the trade he still didn't hear from Vegas.

To note...NO cap penalty for either team if he retires.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

A terrible ending if MAF ends up retiring over it. But I have a feeling Toews and Kane make a big push to get him on board. Although it sounds like family was a big reason for not wanting to leave Vegas.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Star

i am disappointed that vegas has done the dirty to another well-liked player. eventually, the shine of their new team will wear off if they continue to treat players this way where a player will need a NMC to really protect themselves.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Oooff. And MAF found out from twitter, and as of like 30min after the trade he still didn't hear from Vegas.

Geez. How hard is it to be respectful of players? I don't understand this. Man up Vegas.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Lehner on MAF....

Robin Lehner
    @RobinLehner
    ·
    1h
    There is not many people I’ve met or played with I respect as much as flower. 100% HOF guy that I will miss. But people that keep attacking my mental illness for something I don’t control. One day when your eyes close you will be judged and then don’t ask for forgiveness.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

If Fleury had simply retired yesterday, would Vegas have had a cap penalty? I have to believe that Vegas knew that if MAF was told of a deal to Chicago before it became official, Walsh would have publicly said that MAF would not report. It doesn't make it right, but Vegas probably estimated that the only way to actually get him out of town was to do it without his knowledge. And then if any cap penalty vanished upon transaction, Vegas' cold-hearted tactics would have worked.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    has there ever been a future hall of fame goalie that has gotten such little league wide respect from teams?
    Yeah, wtf... and he's so good and respected in the community for the stuff he does.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    has there ever been a future hall of fame goalie that has gotten such little league wide respect from teams?
    Chris Osgood....

Dobber Sports Sage

As a guy who owns him, I am not unhappy with his landing spot. As a guy who also owns Lehner, I am feeling really good. Everyone knew MAF was going to be dealt; he is obviously not a guy who keeps up with the news on his phone. I understand him being upset with Vegas for how it went down, anyone would be. But once he calms down and thinks it over it is a great opportunity to go on a long Cup run, and perhaps really stick it to Vegas in the playoffs. That and the 7.5M gets me back in the gym and motivated to win.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This is classless by Vegas, but Fleury's agent shouldn't be the one blaming people about classless moves.

It's so bizarre that Chicago effed up their goalie situation by dealing him for a 2nd & Subban, then got soemwhat bailed out by Lankinen, and now thy get Fleury for basically nothing.

I find Fleury to be generally overrated. He's won 3 Cups, but those are a team achievement. 1 time for each of Vezina, Jennings, and All-Star appearance, all this year. He's been generally above-average to good, with some great and bad mixed in, but he's often treated like he's an elite goalie which he really has rarely been.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    This is classless by Vegas, but Fleury's agent shouldn't be the one blaming people about classless moves.

It's so bizarre that Chicago effed up their goalie situation by dealing him for a 2nd & Subban, then got soemwhat bailed out by Lankinen, and now thy get Fleury for basically nothing.

I find Fleury to be generally overrated. He's won 3 Cups, but those are a team achievement. 1 time for each of Vezina, Jennings, and All-Star appearance, all this year. He's been generally above-average to good, with some great and bad mixed in, but he's often treated like he's an elite goalie which he really has rarely been.
    Fleury isn’t the only goaltender who’s played for good teams over the history of the NHL. So, let’s try this simple list:
    1) Brodeur
    2) Roy
    3) Fleury

Now, exactly who DO you feel has been “elite” over the past 15 years? Lundqvist, Price = 0 Cups, fewer wins, and a couple thousandths of points above Sv%. 5 Cup finals, including certainly ONE team that had zero chance without him.

Your comments ignore the facts.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Fleury isn’t the only goaltender who’s played for good teams over the history of the NHL. So, let’s try this simple list:
    1) Brodeur
    2) Roy
    3) Fleury

Now, exactly who DO you feel has been “elite” over the past 15 years? Lundqvist, Price = 0 Cups, fewer wins, and a couple thousandths of points above Sv%. 5 Cup finals, including certainly ONE team that had zero chance without him.

Your comments ignore the facts.
    First, there is no requirement to actually have been a player at a particular position who is actually elite for a stretch of time. One can go a while without any elite players at a spot. I view Fleury as good to very good, but not remotely elite. I do think of both Price & Lundqvist as more elite than Fleury. I think of Vasilevskiy as more elite than Fleury. Rinne has been better, but not as notable in the playoffs, due to the Penguins skaters.

Fleury gets credit for 3 Cup Wins, but in two of those wins he saw zero ice time in the Finals. Was he important to the team getting there? Yes. Fleury has at least one Cup win as a backup, and one that's debatable where he split time in the playoffs, but when it comes to performance in winning the Finals go, he was not very valuable.

Your big points against Price are team wins and Cup wins. Those are notably, team stats, not purely goalie stats.

Here's a list that is career active Goals Saved Above Average.
    https://www.hockey-reference.com/lea...vg_active.html

Longevity and quality seasons move you up the list. Fleury is 13th amongst active goalies. Fleury is basically Bobrovsky lite on better teams.

I thank you for making my point, though.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    If Fleury had simply retired yesterday, would Vegas have had a cap penalty? I have to believe that Vegas knew that if MAF was told of a deal to Chicago before it became official, Walsh would have publicly said that MAF would not report. It doesn't make it right, but Vegas probably estimated that the only way to actually get him out of town was to do it without his knowledge. And then if any cap penalty vanished upon transaction, Vegas' cold-hearted tactics would have worked.
    I would assume they knew the rules. He was signed before he was 35+ so it's not a 35+ contract. Which means if he retired pre-trade, it would be the same outcome. The only "recapture" issues happen is when those Weber contracts that were signed pre-lockout retire.

There's a penalty if the player is in the 2nd yr of a multi-yr deal that was signed as a 35+ yr old, but I think it's just "There is no relief" as the penalty, you just gain a roster spot.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll