Thread: Upside for Lysell and Lucius?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Upside for Lysell and Lucius?

Just finished my rookie draft and got Wallstedt, Lucius, and Lysell. I’m high on Lucius but feel great about getting Lysell because I have Pastrnak as well. What kind of upside are you guys looking at with Lucius and Lysell?
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Upside for Lysell and Lucius?

Huge fan of Chaz Lucius. Going into a good system and could be the best goal scorer in the draft. The other guy is Matt Coronato. I am high on goal scorers when it comes to the draft. So player and situation has me excited. Only fear I have with those kids is if they go the College route and entertain going else where ala an Adam Fox. Coronato didn't look the least bit happy being drafted by Calgary. lol

I'll watch some video on Chaz. Only downside is the injuries, but we'll see if it's just a season issue or it's some thing to be concerned about going forward.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Upside for Lysell and Lucius?

You had a nice draft! Lysell for sure, and maybe even Lucius could have, under different circumstances gone top 10.

I believe Lysell has the higher upside but it's certainly not a significant difference. All of this is simply conjecture at this point but for the sake of argument I'll project Lysell's upside at 85 - 95 pts and Lucius's upside at 70 - 80. However, one difference between these two, and again, this is certainly open for argument, is that I think Lysell is now the Bruins top Prospect and I don't see any other prospect in his way at right Wing and the imminent departure of Kase makes things that much more interesting in the bigger picture. Unfortunately for Lucius, he has another Center, some guy named Cole Perfetti, who is in his way and I think it's fair to say that Perfetti, not Lucius is the Jets top prospect at center. Lots of other rostered Centers as well are potentially in the way. Whether this makes a difference or not who knows, I'm simply putting this out for further discussion. As a last point, I can see Lysell becoming a 1C, Lucius might get there but I think 2 C is more likely, but again, mere speculation.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf