Thread: Website for keeper pool

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Website for keeper pool

Hey all!

I'm in a salary cap keeper league that's been running for 5 years now. We've been using lepool.com which is free and lets us have a farm team and manually change player salaries because we are using AAV instead of cap hit.

The thing is we can't configure keeper settings so every season we have to create a new pool. It's not a major hiccup BUT would love to find a site more adapted to our needs :

- Free if possible or very small fee (don't know if others would be willing to pay since lepool.com is free and does the trick)
    - Has a keeper option : Can add, eliminate players every season but we can also look back at past seasons (trades, results etc) without logging into another pool
    - Has an aav salary option (or at least lets us manually change salaries)
    - Has a list of of free agent players not selected (owned by anyone)
    - *Has a season long pts option (no h2h. No weekly rosters. Just accumulates points all season long)
    - *Has a farm team (our 5 player farm team doesn't count towards pts or salary but players can be brought up or traded)
    - French version is a plus as most poolers are francophone (We are 3 bilinguals + 5 francos that do have enough english skills if necessary)

* A player in lineup counts against cap and accumulates points. If that player is traded points are kept and new player accumulates new points. New salary must fit within cap. Same goes for moves between lineup and farm team (keep pts, switch salaries against cap).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Website for keeper pool

Poolexpert is french and $2.50 or $3.00 per team. I run a league with a very similar format then yours. You do have to start a new season every year. I don't know any website that you won't need it. But you just duplicate your last season and it keeps all rules and players. You can go to the archives to look at the stats and teams from previous years.

I've been using Fantrax the past 5 years for more complicated leagues and I find Poolexpert to be very outdated and low quality compared to Fantrax. But Fantrax cost much more, is English only and you don't need all the other options. If you used a free website before, Poolexpert will probably already be an upgrade on what you had.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You should absolutely check out Fantrax. I'm in both free and paid leagues on there. It is in English, but is should be fine. I know that it has the features you need, although to be technical, you look back at prior seasons by selecting an old season from a drop down menu, as it's a different league year.

I recommend trying to create a new free league, and see if you can import it from your current site. If you can't, try to get the settings right, and see if a free league does what you need.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    You should absolutely check out Fantrax. I'm in both free and paid leagues on there. It is in English, but is should be fine. I know that it has the features you need, although to be technical, you look back at prior seasons by selecting an old season from a drop down menu, as it's a different league year.

I recommend trying to create a new free league, and see if you can import it from your current site. If you can't, try to get the settings right, and see if a free league does what you need.

I agree with the quality of Fantrax but I've done a quick check before my previous post and using salaries needs premium, which is $100 US, which is $125 CAD in Quebec. That's quite a jump from a free site and only 7 poolers to split the fees.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I knew that the one cap league I was in required premium, but I was unsure how the fees worked. Sounds like, you did your homework on that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.