Thread: **New league recruiting 4 new GM's** Starting play in 2021-2022 season

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default **New league recruiting 4 new GM's** Starting play in 2021-2022 season

Hey everyone,

Some of you may recognize my username and/or my website(s) as I am commissioner of a few great fantasy leagues! One that started out in 2006, going into season 16, another that started out in 2017, going into season 5, a third in 2019 going into season 3 and finally my last one that will be starting this fall!!! I am bias to my set up and love the core group of GM's we got. So myself and another league member decided to start a fourth league (and my final league as that is enough for me!). I have brought a long a few of our most active and best GM's that are all die hard hockey fans and certainly know their sh*t! In a perfect world we are looking for four more new GM's (as of this post we have 8 of 12) to step in and take over our open spots to fill out this league. I have recruited several people from different message boards in the past and have recruited many past and present folks on Dobber over the years. We are honestly looking to bring in only the best!

The TSFHL (Top Shelf Fantasy Hockey League) was just recently created this summer and is a mandatory participation; full-keeper or dynasty league run through Fantrax. This league will start with 12 original teams and may potentially have future plans to hold two expansion drafts. First to 14 teams and hopefully then 16 as the league matures and we round out a great core of GM's. (This is not something that will be done in the any time in the near future, but may be a long term goal if agreed upon by the league and the health of the league is flourishing).

The TSFHL will be a head to head points based league with a very deep scoring system using over 20 different stat categories. Our league will use a two conference setup with two divisions in each conference. Our league business is done via the Fantrax threads/forums and all of our important history and documents will be captured on our website. We also have league specific Discord channels to chat, and get notified of any announcements and updates. This has worked great to get ahold of each other via phone notifications and being able to connect at any time! You can also view our newly created website here:

https://ajbfantasyhockey.wixsite.com/tsfhl (TSFHL site is currently being developed, however the full rulebook is available to read.)

As I have stated above I currently run three more leagues which can all be viewed under my league directory or "umbrella" so to speak. I encourage everyone to check them out to see the look and feel as the TSFHL site right now is under construction with access to only the home page and rulebook! You can view the remaining leagues by clicking the link below and then clicking once more on any of the league icons:

https://ajbfantasyhockey.wixsite.com/ajbfantasyhockey (You will see much more league information and history on the existing three leagues, which the TSFHL will soon follow suit)

Below is a basic quick run down of the league set-up:

* Cost of $50.00 dollars (payable via Fantrax Treasurer) with payouts for league champion, runner up, regular season champion, and division winners
    * 20+ Week Regular Season
    * Full Keeper League
    * Mandatory Participation
    * Daily Lineups
    * 22 Player NHL Roster
    * 20 Player Prospect Roster
    * 2 Conferences (4 divisions)
    * 3 Round Playoff Format (6 weeks 2,2,2)
    * Off-Season Trades
    * Tradable Draft Picks
    * Yearly Entry Drafts
    * Injured Reserve Spots

Here is the scoring system that we currently use:

Skaters

(G) Goals- 5
    (A) Assists- 5
    (+/-) Plus Minus- 1
    (PIM) Penalty Minutes .25
    (FOW) Face- offs Won- .10
    (HT) Hat Tricks- 15
    (GHHT) Gordie Howe Hat Tricks - 10
    (SOG) Shots On Goal- .25
    (PPPTS) Power Play Points- 2.5
    (SHPTS) Short Handed Points- 5
    (GWG) Game Winning Goals- 5
    (OTG) Over Time Goals- 5
    (PSG) Penalty Shot Goals- 5
    (DEFPTS) Defenseman Points- 2.5
    (SHOG) Shootout Goals- 2.5
    (BS) Blocked Shots- .25
    (Hits) Hits- .25

Goalies

(GGP) Goal Games Played- 2.5
    (W) Wins- 7.5
    (S) Saves- .35
    (GA) Goals Against- (-1)
    (SO) Shutouts- 15
    (OL) Overtime Loss- 2.5
    (SHOL) Shootout Loss- 5

As noted above our full rulebook is available via our website under the tab labeled "rulebook" as well as all other league information. Please view the links from this thread to check us out!

As commissioner I strive for a sense of realism. One other tidbit is I use professional sounding team neams and logos with realistic city locations to mimic that of a real professional league. These options will be made available as they are determined and completed. The will be offered first come first serve to those who join!

Everything in the TSFHL mimics my current three fantasy leagues which has seen great success as I have a proven track record of 15+ years. Once we are full I will announce a date along with a time (days ahead of time) of the recorded inaugural draft order that I will post via YouTube to determine our draft order. From there we will figure out a start date that works for everyone and our draft will be a slow draft giving everyone plenty of time during the rest of this NHL offseason so we are ready this fall. The draft will be conducted as a "mega draft" which means we will fill out both of our main and prospect rosters in the same draft giving GM's the flexibility to draft their team how they see fit (for the now, the future, or even a mix of both). We will hold a second draft for this years 2021 draft class as well. I can provide in depth details on this if need be and it is also posted on our Fantrax league page outlined in greater detail!

I really am only looking for GM's that are active daily, respond to trades, participate in league chatter and have above average knowledge on hockey and have participated in full keeper leagues before. If you do not fit this criteria please do not inquire. These criteria is what makes our league great!

Now if this sounds interesting to you and you're looking to join a fun competitive league please email me at: [email protected] or you can send me a PM here, as well as drop a comment. (Email will be checked most frequently but feel free to contact me in your preferred method.)

*Public service announcement: This is NOT a salary cap league, and this is a FULL keeper just to clarify ahead of time.*
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague
    16 team H2H Full Keeper w/ 20man prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)
    SBFHL Champion: 2013-14, 2017-18

Main Roster
    F:Tavares/Malkin/Benn/Pavelski/Tarasenko
    /Granlund/Parise/Dubois/DeBrincat/Ritchie/Chiasson/Marleau/
    D:Hedman/Subban/Doughty/Rielly/Oleksiak/C. Miller
    G:Rask/Quick

Prospect Roster
    F​: Frederic/Foo/Heponiemi/Mantha/Ho-Sang/Groulx/Safin/Hawryluk/Goldobin/Roslovic/Korshkov/Cj. Smith/Bokk/McBain/Greer/Marody
    D: Jokiharju/Perunovich/M. Phiillips/Weegar
    G: Gillies/Brossoit/Wedgewood/Eriksson EK

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Re: **New league recruiting 4 new GM's** Starting play in 2021-2022 season

sent you an email

Default Re: **New league recruiting 4 new GM's** Starting play in 2021-2022 season

responded, background check passed, league invite extended

- - - Updated - - -

Also we are now at 10 out of 12!
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)

Main Roster

Prospect Roster
    F​: Frederic/Foo/Heponiemi/Mantha/Ho-Sang/Groulx/Safin/Hawryluk/Goldobin/Roslovic/Korshkov/Cj. Smith/Bokk/McBain/Greer/Marody

Great setup and league, organized commish , welll worth the experience!
    12 team H2H Full Keeper w/ 20man prospects

Dealers
    C- Couture, Karlsson, Mcdavid, Monohan, Pageau, Cirelli
    W- Draistl, Pacioretty, Rust, Duclair, Hornquist, Domi, Oshie
    D-Hamilton, Jones , Heiskenen, Spurgeon, OEL, Provorov, Klingberg
    G- Bobrovsky, Lehner, Hart
    Rossi, White, Zegras, Bunting, Kunin, Tracey, Wiesblatt, Coghlan, Holl, Johansson, Myers, Zub, Soucy, Spence, Thompson, Blomqvist, Dostal, Hofer, Ingram, Johannsson, Luukkonen, Sogaard, Tarasov

Thank you everyone who reached out. We are now full 12 of 12.

In the near future I will have a post for a few teams I have openings for in one of my existing leagues that follows this format.
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague

Main Roster

Prospect Roster