Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Montreal drafts Logan Mailloux in 1st round

Ray Lewis killed a man

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Ray Lewis killed a man
    So did Casey Cizikas
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Ray Lewis killed a man
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    So did Casey Cizikas
    So did Dany Heatley...and Craig MacTavish

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    and Craig MacTavish
    :O I did not know about that one - had to look it up. He killed a woman to clarify.

Dobber Sports Ace

London Knights owner/GM Mark Hunter has indicated he is willing to bring Mailloux back to the OHL club next season.

Dobber Sports Star

I think there is a big responsibility to support your athletes who develop issues while they are on your team, but there was no need for Montreal to take him. That’s the part that’s baffling to me. Wish him the best while he sorts this out, but why go down that road? It’s a risk vs reward thing. Is the reward really that enticing? I don’t get it…

Rylant

Dobber Sports Stud

Not a smart move by Montreal, I’m not sure what they were trying to prove here. It’s not like he’s even that good of a talent. They deserve all the vitriol that’s coming that way for this.

Dobber Sports Titan

Who would have thought a team run by Bergevin would have gone off of on-ice production to make a selection and not take into account off-ice issues to determine their worth to his team.

They think his on-ice play is worth the off-ice issues. Simple as that. Which could be fixed, but then you read that the player was blaming the girl for being vindicitive when she went to the police over the incident. So the attitude even in a serious situation seems entitled.

I don't like the pick, especially when you could have waited longer and picked someone else and picked him in the 2nd round and dealt with the same level of media issues but used less draft capital on him.

Social side of this, stupid to draft him. Hockey side of this, doesn't make sense drafting him at 31.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You're fine with drafting him? Wow.

Do you have a daughter?
    This ^^^ People defending this guy or picking him. Also if he's so sorry, then why has the victim said she hasn't received a proper apology yet? Also, why do it in the first place. But he's 18... he's just a kid. No he's old enough to know better (I did!), and Marc is plenty old enough to know better. The victim here is screwed and sends a bad message to women who follow hockey, that you get rewarded for this behaviour.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Initiate

So did Casey Cizikas
    If it were only that simple. Context is important. Casey Cizikas was put in a shitty situation. The kid he wrestled with should have never been cleared to wrestle. That's on his coach and those who allowed a person in a comprisable situation to compete. They were aware of the injuries. Unfortunately Casey was dealt a shitty card, because now he has to live with that... it could have been anyone. Craig MacTavish was a DUI. Much different situation. Only thing similar out of them is they could have been avoidable had certain people practiced common sense. But in Casey's defence, he was also the victim as much as the person who died.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    If it were only that simple. Context is important. Casey Cizikas was put in a shitty situation. The kid he wrestled with should have never been cleared to wrestle. That's on his coach and those who allowed a person in a comprisable situation to compete. They were aware of the injuries. Unfortunately Casey was dealt a shitty card, because now he has to live with that... it could have been anyone. Craig MacTavish was a DUI. Much different situation.
    What MacTavish did was much worst than what Logan did. Full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    This ^^^ People defending this guy or picking him. Also if he's so sorry, then why has the victim said she hasn't received a proper apology yet? Also, why do it in the first place. But he's 18... he's just a kid. No he's old enough to know better (I did!), and Marc is plenty old enough to know better. The victim here is screwed and sends a bad message to women who follow hockey, that you get rewarded for this behaviour.
    *He was 17 at the time of the incident

Of course he should of known better! But didn't and at the time did not think of the woman. He didn't do it out of malice though. We aren't defending what he did, we are defending him having the opportunity to redeem himself and not be crucified over it that benefits nobody, not the victim or the accused.
    Did you know Logan has already been receiving professional help and counselling for his actions? He wants to change. As part of his mends I think that's why he made the statement.

Dobber Sports Deity

You can compare all the people you want. Every other name given here was already part of an NHL organization and its their responsibility to help that member. This kid was not part of an organization before Montreal drafted him so they have accepted what he's done as acceptable (even though Bergevin clearly stated many times in his presser that what he did was unacceptable) and are willing to do their part to help him. They had no responsibility to do that but they chose to do that, and in doing that, chose the criticism that comes along with making this choice.

It wasn't Montreal's responsibility to help him better himself. They chose to make it so.

Invictus, you clearly don't understand that and are fighting a losing battle here. Even the other diehard Habs fans on these boards are against this decision. Not sure why you're stuck on defending this.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It wasn't Montreal's responsibility to help him better himself. They chose to make it so.
    Ya I think they realized the heat would come when they thought about picking him. Imo Good on them for thinking that supporting a human life to change for the better is worth it. As long as real change actually occurs, which so far seemingly does. I would hope after counselling he seeks to further educate others by some sort of program or something.
    First round pick still leaves a bad taste though.

Dobber Sports Stud

He didn't do it out of malice though. We aren't defending what he did, we are defending him having the opportunity to redeem himself and not be crucified over it that benefits nobody, not the victim or the accused.

Did you know Logan has already been receiving professional help and counselling for his actions? He wants to change. That's why he made the public statement as part of his mends.

embarrassing

Dobber Sports Stud

He didn't do it out of malice though. We aren't defending what he did, we are defending him having the opportunity to redeem himself and not be crucified over it that benefits nobody, not the victim or the accused.

Did you know Logan has already been receiving professional help and counselling for his actions? He wants to change. That's why he made the public statement as part of his mends.
    Who cares about MacTavish. Whataboutism isn’t a valid argument.

Also it’s buffoonish to pretend to know his intent - we don’t know if it was due to malice or not. Unless you can read minds.

First acting like you know better than Joe Sakic about how to manage the Avs, now this.

I’ll do you a favor and tell you bluntly that you are just embarrassing yourself… again.