Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Trade] OEL and Garland to Vancouver

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: [RUMOR] OEL and Garland to Vancouver?

Quote Originally Posted by stick boy View Post
    Nah….. won’t happen. They’ll play Dickinson @3C

PP1 could get interesting though….. Garland could bump someone out
    Sounds good to me. I own Miller in a league and with his FOW and grit stats, he is a top 20 player in the league.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Sounds good to me. I own Miller in a league and with his FOW and grit stats, he is a top 20 player in the league.
    He’ll still take draws for Petey….. just don’t expect high FOW totals.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by stick boy View Post
    He’ll still take draws for Petey….. just don’t expect high FOW totals.
    He averaged over 5 per game this season and to get from a wing position is great. I also have Lindholm in the same situation. With having O'Reilly, I had the most FOW by a comfortable margin last year.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Default Re: [Trade] OEL and Garland to Vancouver

This trade is a disaster for Vancouver. They just traded $12 mil in contracts that were gone after the season and a 1st rd pick for an atrocious $42 mil contract. This is the worst trade of the day and that’s saying something.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    This trade is a disaster for Vancouver. They just traded $12 mil in contracts that were gone after the season and a 1st rd pick for an atrocious $42 mil contract. This is the worst trade of the day and that’s saying something.
    Its a bit earlier to say disaster. Garland is a great pick up and fills the top 6. If they can sign him to better deal than the coilers sign Hyman, its a win - they were going to have to go out and get another top 6 player - a UFA potentially would cost much more.

Louie would have cost a first to trade regardless - the first was going for cap space - this was a tax Benning had to pay.

It kicks the ball down the road a few years sure but if they can get a few decent years out of OEL it will be ok and they will have to buy him or trade before he hits 35.

If OEL sucks from the get go well maybe its a disaster. Without Garland yes disaster.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    If OEL sucks from the get go well maybe its a disaster.
    Isn't this very likely to happen?

Dobber Sports All-Star

I like this deal for Van. Adds good forward depth and some valuable experience on the blue line. Maybe OEL will take some of the pressure off of Hughes to think he has to do everything. Help him clean up his defensive play a bit.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Star

i believe OEL will bounce back. the way Tocchet coaches is not how OEL plays and Id bet he mentally checked out when arizona asked him to waive his no move last offseason. the recently hired sedins had some say in this im sure so while i dont expect OEL to put up 50 i think he'll be motivated to play to his level and should have more fun with more talent around him

in addition, its so easy to say the canucks shouldve waited one more year and if a rebuild was in the cards then sure. but the canucks just came off an awful year of injuries and they need some help after nearly beating vegas in the bubble. athletes arent big on giving up one of their prime year 'to wait out some bad contracts' after coming off a bad year. youre practically inviting disgruntled employees and trade requests. want quinn to not bolt for NJ first chance he gets? give him a reason. want petey to take a discount? give him a reason. miller brock and bo deals are up soon, i understand going for it now.

after seeing the ristolainen and seth jones trades + signings i feel alot better about the OEL/Garland deal also haha
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

The Great One

There is no way this isn’t a terrible trade for Vancouver. The OEL contract is anchor that will weigh them down until they pay another high pick to get rid of it. And to top it all off Guenther fell to Arizona at 9. When the window opens for the core kids in a few years Guenther and that cap space would be far more useful than OEL being gone and Garland.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    i believe OEL will bounce back. the way Tocchet coaches is not how OEL plays and Id bet he mentally checked out when arizona asked him to waive his no move last offseason. the recently hired sedins had some say in this im sure so while i dont expect OEL to put up 50 i think he'll be motivated to play to his level and should have more fun with more talent around him

in addition, its so easy to say the canucks shouldve waited one more year and if a rebuild was in the cards then sure. but the canucks just came off an awful year of injuries and they need some help after nearly beating vegas in the bubble. athletes arent big on giving up one of their prime year 'to wait out some bad contracts' after coming off a bad year. youre practically inviting disgruntled employees and trade requests. want quinn to not bolt for NJ first chance he gets? give him a reason. want petey to take a discount? give him a reason. miller brock and bo deals are up soon, i understand going for it now.

after seeing the ristolainen and seth jones trades + signings i feel alot better about the OEL/Garland deal also haha
    Nice post. Drance on his recent podcast mentioned many of the same things about OEL. Let’s hope a new team and environment invigorate OEL’s game.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Fair enough, he’s been in Arizona, but people clearly haven’t being paying attention to OELs performance for the last couple years. He’s been a disaster and this is a terrible trade for Van.

Also, this has nothing to do with Tocchet’s coaching. OELs decline pre-dated Tocchet.

The Magnificent One

Any word on garlands contract?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Pro

"Evolving-Hockey's contract projection model has him in line for a four-year deal at an annual average value of about $4.7-million." JD Burke
    Rebuilding

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post

I agree with this - give the kids a reason to take a discount. Definitely like this better than the Jones trade.
    Rebuilding

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    Definitely like this better than the Jones trade.
    LOL- that's not a particularly high bar.