Thread: Norris, Pinto

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Norris, Pinto

I don’t know that much those two players. They seems to be good last season, as compare to other young players.

Can you give me some comparable players in NHL, and are they going to be top6 players ?

Stats in my sig,

Rep to all
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Norris, Pinto

Norris has already been a top six player for them in his rookie season. I dont see that changing anytime soon. He was really good.

Pinto looked good in spots as well but I see him settling into the 3C spot long term.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

The Sens have a couple of very nice young forwards here. I would think both will have solid NHL careers, it's early yet, but both seem to be trending well in the right direction. That said, these are different types of players. Norris likely has the higher upside, he is a goal scorer and he has been compared to Kyle Connor. Not bad company. Norris definitely is a top six forward and depending on how the lines shake out he will likely have success on either the first or second line, possibly seeing time on both. Pinto also has nice upside, 70 compared to Norris's 80, but he is a high energy player and not afraid to play a more in you face kind of game. I suspect he fits nicely into the Sens middle six, as Axe mentioned, 3C seems a good bet, but if the stars align he could see some 2nd line deployment. His game has been compared to that of Brayden Schenn, again not bad company.

Hope this helps.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Norris has already been a top six player for them in his rookie season. I dont see that changing anytime soon. He was really good.

Pinto looked good in spots as well but I see him settling into the 3C spot long term.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. The talk in town from both media (and former NHL players who follow the two) and fans, that Shane Pinto could become the better centerman of the two. Not saying he will, but there is talk. In fact, he's already regarded as the better two-way centerman. Pinto possesses a great hockey IQ with a more complete game (again by those who follow and watch both (yours' truly included)), he's better at positioning and possesses a strong active stick, how he steals away scoring lanes and anticipates on the forecheck, better passer, and has done better at production at every stage (if you compare their years at age 18, 19, 20), as a late bloomer. One thing that Josh Norris has over Shane (plus added experience of playing two pro seasons), is garnering a hard and accurate shot. Okay, and the fact that Norris has figured out how to carry his work on the dot over to the NHL, whereas Shane needs to adjust to the timing, but with UND he was highly regarded in that department sometimes going perfect with a career college best 18-0 on the dot against Denver.

Just 6 games into his very young NHL career, Shane played his way onto the second line with Tim Stützle and Connor Brown, not looking out of place, putting up 6 points in his last 7 games, and 5 in his last 5. So far he's looked more impressive in a small sample size compared to what we have seen out of Colin White, Logan Brown, and Chris Tierney, so it's not out of the realm of possibility to think he can't maintain his trajectory on that second line. In fact, he looked more like a seasoned vet at times despite that small sample size. Now I get it, the last handful of regular season games is the stretch run, especially for a condensed season as this one. Lots of teams struggle in those stretch of games, so you can use the argument of adrenaline of being the fresh face taking taking advantage of that second wind, but I feel he's too smart and gets the game and plays it in a capacity that allows for more usage. Players like him, have the coach's trust.

Don't be shocked if the "power centre" dubbed by Dave Poulin who's a huge fan of Pinto's game sticks on the 2LC, and depending on his development (outside of the 21/22 season), fights for that 1LC spot. Personally I see him as a safe bet on that second line. I think the details of Pinto's game are much better suited with talents like Jimmy on the second line vs. being used on the third line. I feel he has a good shot and depending who you talk to, is the front runner for that second line centre job.

But yes, he might be a middle-sixer, but the upside is there for a top-sixer.

Right now, given the outlook and eye-test, Josh Norris and Shane Pinto should be the Ottawa Senators 1 and 2 guys down the middle. But of course that can change.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Good comparison for Shane Pinto is a poor man's Mark Stone. Just not as prolific of a scorer. Needs to work on his shot and usage more. Makes you wonder what kind of talent Pinto would be had he not started competitive hockey at age 15. Kid is an all-around athletic specimen. He's like an Andrew Copp, who is also naturally gifted as an athlete and played multiple sports at a high level, and came into hockey much later than most. I just like Shane's upside more and Copp came off a prorated 58 point season (over 82 games) as a 26-year-old!
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.