Thread: Driedger/Nedeljkovic

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Driedger/Nedeljkovic

Hey guys

The last couple days made me think about my drops for the upcoming season!

I have to drop 4 guys,and already have 3 of them!

The 4th drop i thought about was Burnsy…but with Driedger and Nedel going to a new team, i was thinking about to drop one of them instead?

What do you expect from Driedger and Nedeljkovic?
    I mean Driedger is in the better situation i guess…but Nedeljkovic in Detroit is pretty bad!
    Detroit is far from being competitive.

Curious about your opinions about those 2.

Team and league in sig.

Rep whenever i can
    16-team H2H fantrax dynasty league:20 active spots ( 4 C/LW/RW- 6D-2G)5 bench15minorCategories:G A +/- PPP SHP SOG PIM HIT BLK FOW TOI GV TKGP W GAA SV SV% SHO
    My Team:
    C:Eichel / Couturier / Hertl / Scheifele /Stützle
    LW: Ovechkin / Hyman/ E.Kane /Jeannot/ DeBrincat/Nichushkin
    RW: Meier/ Seguin/ Bjorkstrand/P.Kane/Necas/Batherson
    D: Nurse / Seider /Sergachev/Dahlin/Cernak/Guhle/Jiricek
    G: Vasilevsky / Sorokin / Samsonov
    Minors:Kasper /Räty/Pospisil/E.Sale/C.Ritchie/Yager/Sandin Pelikka/Ty Nelson/Gulyayev/Yurov/Simashev / Tarasov (G) /Clang (G)/ Gajan(G)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Driedger/Nedeljkovic

The problem with Dreidger is we really have no idea if Seattle will be any good or not. Folks seem to think that just because Vegas went the SC Final in their inaugural season that Seattle will be a dynamo team as well, but that's still to be determined. Then you add in the fact that Dreidger has a grand total of 38 games of NHL experience. To be fair, Nedeljkovic only has 29 games himself, no neither are sure fire anything. Then you have to consider that both are entering a totally different environment so its hard to look at their numbers and expect the same success they've had in the past.

I think both are total crapshoots next year going forward and I am not sure I want any part of either of them at this point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

I would like ned here. I trust yzerman and I think over time Detroit will turn it around. I for one think Seattle made a lot (and I mean a lot) of mistakes (unless there are still a ton of side deals that haven't been announced yet) in their draft. They had a chance to be competitive with a strong draft. They missed the mark imo. For that reason alone, I'd lean ned.

Dobber Sports Genius

If I had to choose then it's Ned for me. But that Detroit team needs to improve a lot so it's a shaky choice. Good luck.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Wizard

Ned is your guy. I think there is very good chance Dreiger isn’t even a starter in Seattle and vanecek is.

ned is a guy..yes his situation in Carolina was better team wise but in debt he will get plenty of starts.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

I think both are total crapshoots next year going forward and I am not sure I want any part of either of them at this point.
    I hear you, but everyone in my league is carrying 3 or 4 goalies,so i don‘t want to drop both!

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Ned is your guy. I think there is very good chance Dreiger isn’t even a starter in Seattle and vanecek is.

ned is a guy..yes his situation in Carolina was better team wise but in debt he will get plenty of starts.
    The Vanecek thing is a good point!

Ned will probably get more starts,but my GAA and Sv% will be horrible

Dobber Sports Deity

If your team is competitive, hold Dreidger. I have more faith in Seattle being competitive over the next couple years compared to Detroit. If your team is still a work in progress, keep Nedeljkovic. No one has a crystal ball, but I think both could end up being gong-shows for fantasy teams in the short term.

Have you tried trading them to see if there's any interest, especially after the past couple days?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Driedger has the contract. He’s going to be the starter unless he falls really flat on his face. I’d definitely drop Burns before either of these guys if goalies are at a premium in your league.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If your team is competitive, hold Dreidger. I have more faith in Seattle being competitive over the next couple years compared to Detroit. If your team is still a work in progress, keep Nedeljkovic. No one has a crystal ball, but I think both could end up being gong-shows for fantasy teams in the short term.

Have you tried trading them to see if there's any interest, especially after the past couple days?
    I won it last year…so yeah my team is competitive.

We can‘t trade until the new season starts…so i have to set my keeper first!

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Driedger has the contract. He’s going to be the starter unless he falls really flat on his face. I’d definitely drop Burns before either of these guys if goalies are at a premium in your league.
    Nedeljkovic also has a 2 year 3m contract?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik18 View Post
    Nedeljkovic also has a 2 year 3m contract?
    Driedger has the contract as between him and Vanecek, suggesting that Driedger will be the starter in Seattle.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Not sure I keep either of these players for short term, however, that may depend on how many goalies you start - With Grubauer and Shesterkin you seem to be in good shape.

That being said for next season, I think Dreidger is the guy; and long term Nedeljkovic is the better own. I think Detroit is a lot better in 22-23 and 23-24 seasons than they are now; but that Detroit team is not going to be good next season so keeping Ned next year will be bad news - they're still a draft lotto team next year.