Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Nedeljkovic to Detroit

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: [TRADE] Nedeljkovic to Detroit

Ned will end up better than Mrazek, big mistake by Carolina. If you're the owner and don't want to pay your players, you better sell the team. Here in Québec, we have someone with deep pockets and an arena who can take care of the Hurricanes.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    I think many of the wallstedt to Detroit mock drafts are based on Stevie y taking vasilevskiy on the first round a few years ago. I don't think the situations are the same at all. Let's remember that the lightning had two first round picks that year. Teams that took goalies in the first round back then (pre knight-askarov-wallstedt) typically had more than one first rounder so they could take a chance on drafting a goalie so high. The lightning had taken tony DeAngelo a few picks earlier.
    Another reason people might be making the connection is since it seems detroit has a void in net throughout their pipeline. I'll answer to that that tampa had absolutely no void in net in their system when vasilevskiy was drafted (Ben bishop). So maybe he was just the best player available in yzerman's mind, nothing to do with position. Also, Detroit has a void virtually everywhere in their system (I still doing think they're as deep as people are saying they are, and apparently yzerman himself feels they aren't as close as originally believed). Goalie is in some ways the easiest position to fill, as there are 32 teams and more good goalies than that (as evidenced by how easily they just got nedeljkovic!). And they have a hobey Baker nominee in their system, Keith petruzzelli , so not like they don't have anything there on the way.
    I think Detroit's gonna take mason McTavish. They need center help, beniers won't be there at their pick, and yzerman has shown in the past that he isn't afraid to jump on the possible draft riser early. McTavish is a very Stevie y kind of player.
    Detroit does have 2 first-rounders. They received the Caps first rounder, #23 in the Mantha trade. And Petruzzelli chose not to sign with Detroit and will go to free agency.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Love this. In Stevie I Trust.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I like it for Stevie Y. Don’t really understand what the Canes are doing but only thing that would make this understandable is they are going to go big on a goalie. Like somebody said, maybe Grubauer or Andersen. A goo d team like that needs a good goalie.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Steve Yzerman on the Alex Nedeljkovic trade: "You're going to have to ask them why they were comfortable doing that."

Stevie Y throwing shade at the Canes after this is just

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Apparently Carolina offered Ned a 1.5mill/1yr deal. Why are they hoarding cap space? They have like 29mill in space and they were going to nickel and dime Ned?

I know they got Svech to deal with, and maybe push to bring back Hamilton. But $29mill is a lot. Maybe they have an internal cap for a yr or two that's below the 81.5mill. Maybe the contracts to the coaching staff were a lot more than the management team was hoping for and are finding ways to save a mill here and there.
    this is my thoughts too. they needed a goalie and then they finally got one, albeit not totally proven on such few games played, but i liked what i saw on him. now they need s goalie again.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Initiate

We'll see how Ned does in front of a Wings defence. He's no Hellebuyck.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Stud

He was good down the stretch and the playoffs but he is still quite unproven overall. His AHL numbers do not scream out future starting goalie let alone star. No longer waiver exempt and he even cleared waivers last season. The Canes are a contender and need someone they can count on and will be acquiring that goalie either by trade or UFA.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    He was good down the stretch and the playoffs but he is still quite unproven overall. His AHL numbers do not scream out future starting goalie let alone star. No longer waiver exempt and he even cleared waivers last season. The Canes are a contender and need someone they can count on and will be acquiring that goalie either by trade or UFA.
    And one might say he was being showcased so they could get something for him as he was never on their plans. I’d be pretty confident putting just about anyone behind that Canes D for a stretch and expect decent results.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by nicolas01 View Post
    Ned will end up better than Mrazek, big mistake by Carolina. If you're the owner and don't want to pay your players, you better sell the team. Here in Québec, we have someone with deep pockets and an arena who can take care of the Hurricanes.
    i like Ned a lot as well...but remeber Mrazek hype was crazy when he was young too....Goalies need much bigger sample size to be sure , and even then you get guys like Schnider
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sage

Andersen to Carolina?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Love this. In Stevie I Trust.
    This.

You know this team is going to be taking off soon.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i like Ned a lot as well...but remeber Mrazek hype was crazy when he was young too....Goalies need much bigger sample size to be sure , and even then you get guys like Schnider
    Andrew Raycroft (who actually won the Calder) comes to mind.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

We won't know the fall-out from this deal for a while yet. It could be a huge steal for the Wings, if Nedelijkovic is a legit starting goalie. He's just entering his prime, so it is quite possible that Detroit made a great move here. There is some risk, given he hasn't played much in the NHL yet, but it was certainly worth the risk on their part, considering they have the cap space and plenty of picks.

On the flip side, this seems like an odd move for Carolina, considering they are a playoff team without a signed goalie atm. I don't see them going out and acquiring or signing a big name goalie, like Holtby, Grubauer, or Andersen. Carolina has been happy going with tandem goalie situations for a while, so maybe they sign Bernier and bring back Mrazek as well for a similar short-term contract for a combined salary of what Nedelijkovic signed for.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports All-Star

No real risk here for Stevie Y. He's got him for 2 years, he knows what to look for in a goalie. If Ned stinks it up then he's gone after 2 years. This is Ned's audition to see if can be a consistent goalie in the league. If he does Stevie Y will lock him up after. A win win for the Red Wings.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent