Thread: Goalie Decision

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Goalie Decision

I have a few goalies on my team: Hart, Kuemper, Driedger, Gibson, Blackwood, Hill.
    This is for my card hockey league.
    I want goalies who will get shutouts, keep a strong sv% and post a good gaa.

Going to lose 3 maybe 4.
    I am currently leaning towards keeping. Kuemper, Hart, and Driedger.
    Though I could trade Driedger or Kuemper; I've been asked about both. So if I did then I am stuck if I should protect Blackwood or Gibson in their place.

Looking to get some opinions on which 3 I should give consideration to protecting. Also who I should protect if I move Kuemper and/or Driedger.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Goalie Decision

If you can only keep 3 I’d go with Blackwood, Gibson, and hart.

Can’t promise shutouts but should have decent stats. Hart might still have more growing pains but he is one you have to keep unless you get a can’t refise offer.

I’d look to trade kuemper (injury prone now) and dreidger (hype)
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    I have a few goalies on my team: Hart, Kuemper, Driedger, Gibson, Blackwood, Hill.
    This is for my card hockey league.
    I want goalies who will get shutouts, keep a strong sv% and post a good gaa.

Going to lose 3 maybe 4.
    I am currently leaning towards keeping. Kuemper, Hart, and Driedger.
    Though I could trade Driedger or Kuemper; I've been asked about both. So if I did then I am stuck if I should protect Blackwood or Gibson in their place.

Looking to get some opinions on which 3 I should give consideration to protecting. Also who I should protect if I move Kuemper and/or Driedger.
    When do you need to decide? I expect Kuemper to get traded and I am curious where he goes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    When do you need to decide? I expect Kuemper to get traded and I am curious where he goes.
    Our rosters are not due until end September.
    But looking for insight from others, as maybe I am missing something.

I really should keep either one of Kuemper or Driedger. As their goalie cards are my 2 best this coming season. So can afford to trade 1 for sure. Could trade both if I get a good offer.
    As Casey DeSmith, Alex Nedelikovic, Kaapo Kahkonen, Jake Oetinger and Vitek Vanecek are available in our draft. So could possibly draft 1 of them.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    If you can only keep 3 I’d go with Blackwood, Gibson, and hart.

Can’t promise shutouts but should have decent stats. Hart might still have more growing pains but he is one you have to keep unless you get a can’t refise offer.

I’d look to trade kuemper (injury prone now) and dreidger (hype)
    I could not keep all 3 of them. They have the 3 worse cards. Leave me with no real starting goalie card.

But Driedger is hyped big right now. But is he more then hype or will he potentially be the next Carter Hutton?

Dobber Sports Ace

You could risk it for the biscuit and try to trade Dreidger and hope that the hype wave will subside and he comes back to earth.

This is easily one of the hardest decisions I've seen for awhile though for various reasons

Gibson: Definitely talented and can carry some games but his injury history concerns me a little and I'm also not confident Anaheim won't be a little worse than last year
    Hart: Yeah he fell apart last year, but he's easily on one of the best teams amongst these as far as year to year to performance. I think I might take a chance that last year was an anomaly here
    Keumper: My opinion might be biased here. I own him and the frustrating thing has been expecting the Yotes to get better every year and it not happening. I think he's a fine option but I don't trust the team
    Dreidger: I would capitalize on the hype and try to move him. I can't see Seattle being better than average out of the gate and it will probably be a couple of years before he gets above .500 in W's
    Blackwood: Good goalie stuck on a bad team for now? Once again, as a NJ fan I might be biased but I'm reluctant to say they'll improve by alot this year. They would have to do well in FA and get some big jumps from young players to be in the positive side of the W column. Although he probably gets there faster than Dreiger so there's that
    Hill: There's no way I trust SJ right now

I think I would probably roll with Blackwood, Hart, Gibson and try to use the others to make a deal for an upgrade, either in net or elsewhere.

Edit: I saw your post above mine. Don't understand what you mean by not having a starter. If you just want the goalies that will get the most starts without having terrible stats than you have to go with Keumper, Hart, Blackwood. That's still not a huge improvement though, so you're best avenue is probably trading to upgrade.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    Edit: I saw your post above mine. Don't understand what you mean by not having a starter. If you just want the goalies that will get the most starts without having terrible stats than you have to go with Keumper, Hart, Blackwood. That's still not a huge improvement though, so you're best avenue is probably trading to upgrade.
    What I am saying about not having a starter is their card. We make cards for our season that is based on the previous NHL season.
    Our cards are used for a board game.
    Kuemper and Driedger are my 2 best cards for goalies.
    So that is why I am saying not having a starter if I do trade both.

Kuemper has been a pretty steady option for last 3-4 seasons.
    Driedger has done very well last 2 seasons, though limited by playing just 38 games.

Currently I am leaning more towards trading Driedger, but still sitting on the fence.