Thread: Ranking potentially elite G's

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Ranking potentially elite G's

14 team dynasty league, only only goalie cats are G/A/SV/SO (8 Skater categories).

How do you rank the next wave of potentially elite G's:

1. Shesterkin
    2. Sorokin

3. Knight

This is how I currently have them ranked with a gap, albeit very small, between Sorokin and Knight.

2nd side of the question, given that in a 14 teamer, goalies are tough to come by, would you deal Lafreienere for any of them.

REP where I can, thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Ranking potentially elite G's

I think your order as you have them makes sense. I don't know that there's any difference in skill between Shestyorkin and Sorokin, so I give the value edge as of today to Shestyorkin due to being the unquestioned #1 on his team. Knight needs more reps to show that he's with the top 2 but there's nothing indicating he can't get there.

I think that if I had zero goalies for the future, I'd trade Lafreniere for Shestyorkin. Perhaps Sorokin. Not Knight. If I already had something in goal, I'd hold Lafreniere. As not great as last year was, his track record and pedigree still say that something good is coming.

Dobber Sports Genius

I like Sorokin as a starter and a star. Shesterkin as a close second and with more experience along with confidence Knight can easily over take both. But not for a while. Would I deal Laf for Sorokin? No. Laf is going to be special. Depends how deep you are but even then, unless it’s in a package for a top 3 goalie then no. Good luck
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Ace

In a dynasty where goalies are hard to come by, I’d trade Laf for one of them if your lacking in the goalie department and have a solid forward core. I’d rank them
    Shesterkin/ sorokin
    Knight
    But any one of them could end up being the best.

Dobber Sports Deity

First off, I'd rank them as you have them but not sure about any gaps. All three are as good as it gets for young goalies in the league today although Knight is a tad more unproven compared to the other two, if only by a hair.

As far as the trade goes, I'd move Lafreniere for any of them given the opportunity. It's always easier to draft a good young skater than it is to figure out a good young goalie.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

I also agree that all of these guys are close, the gaps are small, but if we rank them, I agree with Shesterkin/Sorokin and then Knight. Personally, unless I am absolutely desperate, and I do mean desperate, I am not moving Lafreniere to acquire any of them. I have far more confidence in Lafreniere evolving into an elite forward than I do with any of these Goalies achieving that elite status.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Icon

Knight
    Shesterkin
    Sorokin