Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do we believe in Sam Bennett?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Do we believe in Sam Bennett?

If he can keep even a 50 point pace while centering Florida's 2nd line, he'll be a really valuable piece in a multi-cat counting PIMs Hits and FOW.

Do we believe he keeps producing enough to hold down that 2C spot?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Do we believe in Sam Bennett?

Quote Originally Posted by 65jeff View Post
    If he can keep even a 50 point pace while centering Florida's 2nd line, he'll be a really valuable piece in a multi-cat counting PIMs Hits and FOW.

Do we believe he keeps producing enough to hold down that 2C spot?
    I believe. Thats why I own him. If you use a multi-cat system I think thats where his value is highest. He also has RW eligibility in Fantrax which is most appreciated.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I believe in Sam Bennett. I think now he's afforded the opportunity to excel and he will. Think how long it took Olli Jokinen before he went going, and all it took was getting traded to the Panthers.

Plus how many times was he a playoff warrior? I been a fan of his from Day 1. Should have traded for him in my fantasy league before he got dealt. Would have gotten him for cheap. Dammit! Still own the last goal puck he scored in his rookie season!
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Deity

I believe in him more today than I did a year ago but I'd like to see more before I sink my teeth into him. He had a good run after the trade for sure. No surprise it happens headed into FA.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I believe in him more today than I did a year ago but I'd like to see more before I sink my teeth into him. He had a good run after the trade for sure. No surprise it happens headed into FA.
    This sums things up for me as well. Lots of positive indicators after the move to Florida but we sure need to see more of the same. For those in Limited Keeper CAP leagues Sam's AAV may also be a big factor on whether to roll the dice with him, or cut bait. If Sam cashes in and gets a fat contract that may be enough to sway folks not to take a chance on him and I'm likely one of them (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

It's not like he hasn't shown encouraging signs guys, from a good rookie season to strong post season performances. I am confident while he's not a 1.5 PPG player, he can be a 50-70 point guy... he was taken 4th overall for a reason.

All the OP is asking is if he can be counted on for 50 and the answer is yes. He should be able to. That being said he does run hot and cold. I am feeling given the opportunities here he runs hotter more often than he did in Calgary. Which is why I feel more confident in 50 happening vs. 70. 70 is what he should be able to hit given the talent and opportunity he maybe given.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm not completely sold on 50 until I see it. I'm still waiting for 40 in a season.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks fellas!

I'm holding him in a dynasty and trying to work out if I should be accepting the offers I'm getting. Latest one is Filip Forsberg plus.

If Bennett can stay at 2C next to Huberdeau then it's an easy pass because of his superior cat coverage and the positional mess created on my roster were I to accept. But if he loses the spot and gets 12 minutes a night I'll feel pretty stupid for being suckered by a hot streak.

The Great One

Regardless of what his point total is to answer the OP’s question…yes I believe, barring a trade, he will be the #2 C in FLA. Wennberg isn’t it. His peripherals are also great to have as you said. If PIMs, Hits, and FOW are all counted he’s quite a nice piece. Hopefully his contract comes in at a reasonable number for cap leagues.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Lundell isn't to far out either.

Dobber Sports Genius

Not a big Bennett believer but I’m basing it on his past. As for the future and the OP asking if he can get to 50 points? If he maintains his #2C and gets PP time yes he can hit it. Actually should hit it, has the so called “pedigree” to do it so yes it is doable. Maybe I’ll become a Sam Bennett fan after all.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Lundell isn't to far out either.
    Good point!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm not completely sold on 50 until I see it. I'm still waiting for 40 in a season.
    You better eat crow next season and I want to see it. ALIVE! MUAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    You better eat crow next season and I want to see it. ALIVE! MUAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Are you eating crow if he doesn't hit 50?

Dobber Sports Star

i believe sam bennett has a good shot at a 50 pt monster peripheral season. in those leagues, ill probably pick him around pick 100.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.