Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cole Caufield ceiling?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Cole Caufield ceiling?

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I completely agree. CC is the flavor of the month right now and owners should look to see if someone will overpay for him. I see Dobber now ranks Caufield over Zegras. I take Zegras any day of the week over Caufield. I really like Caufield but I love Zegras. Maybe someone does something silly and prefers CC over one of the Hughes brothers (not Luke).
    its bit silly but waht it is, is proximity ...Zegras may spend some time in minors still ....CC wont. I take Byfiled above both and i think he is ranked 4 atm....i take Rossi over CC as well and he is 9th i think due to uncertainty but all signs point to him being back to himself.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    its bit silly but waht it is, is proximity ...Zegras may spend some time in minors still ....CC wont. I take Byfiled above both and i think he is ranked 4 atm....i take Rossi over CC as well and he is 9th i think due to uncertainty but all signs point to him being back to himself.
    I dunno, I like Perfetti's situation that he's going into more than Rossi and being a half year younger, the fact he had 100 points in his last 50 CHL games, 18 points in his last 14 AHL games (takes off after the adjustment period), and just watching how Cole plays, I think he might slightly edge him out. But that could just be bias, but yeah I always liked Perfetti more.... arguably the smartest player in the 2020 Draft.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    I dunno, I like Perfetti's situation that he's going into more than Rossi and being a half year younger, the fact he had 100 points in his last 50 CHL games, 18 points in his last 14 AHL games (takes off after the adjustment period), and just watching how Cole plays, I think he might slightly edge him out. But that could just be bias, but yeah I always liked Perfetti more.... arguably the smartest player in the 2020 Draft.
    how can you like Perfettis situation more than Rossi's? Cant get better fit than Rossi has..only outher 2022 player with similar fit is Holtz.

Perfetti has 2 Cs ahead of him for now...Rossi will be the man in mini as soon as he shows he can do what we all thought he can during the draft.

you can like Perfetti as a player better, we all have our favorites. But i really dont get how you can like his situation better...

Dobber Sports Initiate

how can you like Perfettis situation more than Rossi's? Cant get better fit than Rossi has..only outher 2022 player with similar fit is Holtz.

Perfetti has 2 Cs ahead of him for now...Rossi will be the man in mini as soon as he shows he can do what we all thought he can during the draft.

you can like Perfetti as a player better, we all have our favorites. But i really dont get how you can like his situation better...
    I think Perfetti can leapfrog Dubois and there is also the wing option. I like his situation more because he will surely play with awesome talent, and the team we know today won't be the same team next year or the year after.

But if we're talking about, situation today, perhaps Rossi's... I am going on usage in the top-six depending how Perfetti goes in and Dubois goes in and also if they even decide to move a guy to wing.

I guess what I mean is the scoring options up front and I know Chevy will address the issues on the back end.

But yeah, if Rossi plays with Kirill and having Addison and/or Spurgeon getting the puck up to him is promising as well. Guess I just like the Jets more. But I can see where you disagree because you feel like the talent blocks him... perhaps I am too confident in Cole's readiness... but if he's not ready, then yeah, we can look back at this and you can give me a verbal thrashing.

Dobber Sports Wizard

there is no way Perfetti will be given Dubois spot to start....can he earn it over time? sure, but it will take 2-3 years.

as soon as Rossi is back to being Rossi he gets 1C handed to him....just be default...they got one center that is 2B at best maybe 3A and 3 centers that are 3s or 4s. They need good offensive distributor....Peg does not.

in fact i would not be surprised if they tired to trade Perfetti for D help.

Dobber Sports Initiate

there is no way Perfetti will be given Dubois spot to start....can he earn it over time? sure, but it will take 2-3 years.

as soon as Rossi is back to being Rossi he gets 1C handed to him....just be default...they got one center that is 2B at best maybe 3A and 3 centers that are 3s or 4s. They need good offensive distributor....Peg does not.

in fact i would not be surprised if they tired to trade Perfetti for D help.
    Oh no, he won't, and that's a fact. I am sure Dubois will be signed on a prove it deal, and given cost and history, he will of course be given a chance over Perfetti... Day 1. Never implied that, like I said in another post in a thread weeks ago, I think he leapfrogs him down the road this season. Of course if the Jets lockdown PLD, he gets 2LC all day long to start off... but if he struggles and he's shown a year of that, if Perfetti looks better there, don't be shocked they put him there. I think Cole is more a year or two from being that top-six stud. More-so a year. I am saying, what could happen... because PLD didn't exactly look good, and again there is always the wing.

Dobber Sports Initiate

We're also going on hypotheticals. We're not even certain Rossi locks down the 1LC job... I mean if the two big 1st overall picks of 19 and 20 struggled out of the gate to make that kind of impact right away, one has to assume expecting it out of a 9th and 10th overall player is premature. But then again, Rossi and Perfetti are very smart high-end players going into their Draft+2 year where as those other guys went straight to the big league. My only issue with Rossi is his inexperience at the pro level. He played 1 game to Perfetti's 32. 42 if you throw in the WC, because Cole played with NHLers.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think it's a bad habit to expect big things from any of these kids early on. Sure, the McDavids hit early on, but look how long it took MacKinnon to finally start figuring it out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Crazy hype on crack here….….u just put mcjesus and CC in same post!

he is half a size and at best half a player of mcjesus lol
    And you just did the same thing!
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    And you just did the same thing!
    Yup, he sure did! <3

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think it's a bad habit to expect big things from any of these kids early on. Sure, the McDavids hit early on, but look how long it took MacKinnon to finally start figuring it out.
    I think in the case of Perfetti being one of the best 18-19 draft+1 rookies in the AHL (maybe even the best), you can make an argument that he can make the big club out of camp, and if Copp is traded (which is what is rumoured) it definitely opens up room, even within the top-six... so I wouldn't be surprised to see some immediate success. By that it may take 20-40 games in, but he's smart enough where he can adapt and be comfortable in a top-six role.

Again, just pure speculation, but I am really confident in the kid. He also is coming in as a draft+2 guy, playing in a sheltered role with talented players.

Dobber Sports Initiate

And finally, I wished someone made a joke about Cole's ceiling being about several feet from the top of his head. Ba-dun dun!