Thread: Morrissey v. Bean

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Morrissey v. Bean

For the league in my signature.

Which do you prefer? Morrissey ($6.25M) or Bean (est. $2.5M)? I can only keep one.

I'm about to move Bean and keep Morrissey but am I under-estimating Bean?
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

The Great One

Default Re: Morrissey v. Bean

I think Morrissey has a chance to pop this year like we thought he would last year. Im giving him one more year before I write him off as a 45 point blueliner. Bean a great gamble at the price but if you can afford it Id roll Morrissey...

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm afraid I'm not so high on Morrissey as others might be. He had a very nice opportunity handed to him this year after the Jets committed suicide by demolishing their back end and he did not produce. I have to believe the Jets front office is down on their hands and knees praying that one of Heinola and/or Niku round into shape and can take the reigns on the Jets PP. I think Heinola is pretty much there, very close. We'll see. Bean on the other hand may well be in the same position Morrissey was last year in terms of opportunity, if Hamilton moves on there is a possibility that Bean is given the opportunity to show what he can do. Personally, I've always liked Bean's offensive upside more than Morrissey's. Given the almost 4 Mil difference in CAP hit, I'm inclined to go with Bean here and see what happens.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I'm afraid I'm not so high on Morrissey as others might be. He had a very nice opportunity handed to him this year after the Jets committed suicide by demolishing their back end and he did not produce. I have to believe the Jets front office is down on their hands and knees praying that one of Heinola and/or Niku round into shape and can take the reigns on the Jets PP. I think Heinola is pretty much there, very close. We'll see. Bean on the other hand may well be in the same position Morrissey was last year in terms of opportunity, if Hamilton moves on there is a possibility that Bean is given the opportunity to show what he can do. Personally, I've always liked Bean's offensive upside more than Morrissey's. Given the almost 4 Mil difference in CAP hit, I'm inclined to go with Bean here and see what happens.

Agree with Bubba. Let's see what Bean can do, his turn because Morrisey hasn't done enough so far.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    The Winnipeg Jets didn't commit suicide. For starters, the Jets have made the playoffs two years in a row, albeit, barely getting in. Secondly, Kevin Cheveldayoff hands were handcuffed, as the drama between Dustin Byfuglien and his $7.5 million per year contract tied things up. Also, Winnipeg didn't want to resign Tyler Myers, because he's not worth the money and term he wanted. He was not that good with us. Jacob Trouba wanted to play in a big market city. Apparently his father doesn't have a pardon to travel up to Canada (got into some trouble), so this means daddy can't watch him play. And Jacob controlled the market as he was an RFA at the time that would only sign with one team, and that was the New York Rangers. Also, the destination was picked so his fiancé could pursue her medical career. So while the Jets got better offers from other teams, Trouba held all the cards and dictated the terms, which gave us Neal Pionk and our 20th OV pick back which became Ville Heinola. Which suffice to say has worked out quite well. Back to Byfuglien, he messed us up from that Summer, because we didn't know about his injury and by the time more came out, it was too late. All the big Free Agents were signed up. If anything, it was more-so a perfect shit storm that did us in. In no way was this intentional or wanted. It was a series of bad luck that unfortunately was out of the team and its GM's control. And then there is the fact we're Winnipeg, a small hockey market of a city (while it is far better than what it gets credit for), the outside thinking is it's a frozen wasteland of nothing to do, which is further from the truth. I travel a lot around the world and no place feels like home, like Winnipeg does. We're an hour away from a desert, one of the nicest sanded beaches in Grand Beach, and many great fishing resorts. We have new outlet malls, a bunch of new beautiful condos being built, an upgraded zoo, the first and only human rights museum that's one of the most state-of-the-art buildings I have been in, and we're going to have a world-class green house in one of our bigger parks. We have Osborne Village, the Forks, Corydon, the Exchange, and Assiniboine Park. We keep and maintain old buildings, so we have a beautiful marriage of old and new. We're a place of rich culture, even celebrating such festivals as Folklorama, the Folk Fest, and we have Festival du Voyageur.... plus the Fringe festival. Great music and arts scene here. Despite all of that, outsiders don't know how much of a gem this city is. It doesn't get the best press for whatever reason, so it doesn't allure the big Summer UFAs to sign here.

So shitty circumstances of players withholding information (handcuffing our GM), an exuberant amount of players not wanting to sign here, yeah, it's not easy being a Jets fan. That being said, we now have Brian Little's LTIR money freeing money up, we are also removed from other players, and I am sure Chevy is working the phones with his people trying to bring someone in to bolster the D. Also we will have graduates like Heinola and Dylan Samberg coming into the pipeline, but more-so I am excited to see what Declan Chisholm can bring, because his transition from Junior hockey to pro has been a good one. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a call-up this year.

Now focusing on Josh Morrissey, yes he has been disappointing as has been Jacob Trouba. Those two worked so together as a pairing. I always felt, while Josh is a very good steady and reliable two-way defenseman, his fantasy worth wouldn't come close to that of his real world production. If you expected Josh to become a 50 point dman, he was never going to become that.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Sage

Bean at the fraction of the price
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Initiate

If money is not an issue, Morrissey can still top out at 40 points, but if it's a cap league and you're in a tight, Bean is your guy.

Morrissey right now is the best fantasy own, until cap money comes to play, then you're better off with the other guy.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Bean for me, by a large margin.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.