Thread: Split up by tier

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Split up by tier

Split this list into tiers if you can. Trying to value what I have, what I can trade for, and who is available in my player pool.

(did not list them in any specific order)

Seth Jarvis, Alex Turcotte, Alexander Holtz, Matthew Boldy, Connor McMichael, Lucas Raymond, Dawson Mercer, Dylan Holloway, Hendrix Lapierre, Liam Foudy, Peyton Krebs, Morgan Frost, Jakob Pelletier, Ty Dellandria, Oliver Wahlstrom, Lukas Reichel

sorry I know it’s a lot of names lol. Personally, I am stoked about Holtz and Boldy. I think any of these names can have success though.
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Split up by tier

Lucas Raymond
    Connor McMichael
    Alexander Holtz
    Peyton Krebs
    Matthew Boldy

Morgan Frost
    Hendrix Lapierre
    Seth Jarvis
    Alex Turcotte

Oliver Wahlstrom
    Dawson Mercer
    Dylan Holloway
    Liam Foudy
    Jakob Pelletier
    Ty Dellandria
    Lukas Reichel
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Lucas Raymond
    Connor McMichael
    Alexander Holtz
    Peyton Krebs
    Matthew Boldy

Morgan Frost
    Hendrix Lapierre
    Seth Jarvis
    Alex Turcotte

Oliver Wahlstrom
    Dawson Mercer
    Dylan Holloway
    Liam Foudy
    Jakob Pelletier
    Ty Dellandria
    Lukas Reichel
    Can't argue with this. One guy I do like who could move up a tier is Dawson Mercer, the true value there would be more so in a roto rather than pts only format.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Can't argue with this. One guy I do like who could move up a tier is Dawson Mercer, the true value there would be more so in a roto rather than pts only format.
    I object Bubba! hehe I love teasing you bud. It's not just Dawson Mercer who btw was arguably the best QMJHLer this past season... 96 points in his last 65 regular season games, 113 points in 74 games if you include these past playoffs. His hands are some of the best in that Draft... his positioning and the way he reads plays is just breathtaking... he's going to be a very good NHLer... possibly 80 points as a peak. 60 being safer. But don't be surprised if he hits 80 either.

Going based on EB's list, I would move Mercer up to the 1st tier. People need to get over the two-way tag and downplaying him as a good fantasy option. And honestly people hating on him being compared to Patrice Bergeron and Jonathan Toews. Exsqweeze me, but if he ends up close to those two, be damn happy. Both are quality fantasy relevant players. I got him in my league at pick 35. Move Seth Jarvis up as well, even if there are some players in the way, but let's be honest, will Vincent Trocheck and Jordan Staal be in the long term plans in Carolina?

Move Alex Turcotte down. His Draft +1 and +2 years don't wow me. Don't want to call him a bust yet, but I don't think he's worthy of his 5th overall selection. There is a list of guys in his Draft year I like more than him already and it's quite long, all things considered.

Dylan Holloway should be bumped to the top tier here. The kid is a beast. Also, I like the situation he's going into. Was expected to go top 5 before his Draft year first college season, but because he struggled as a freshman, yet still possessing the size and skillset, he went early at 14. Fast forward to this year and he has been outstanding, and big portions of the season when we look at his 5-on-5 game, he didn't play with Caufield. That says something about both him and Cole. Then we look into his future outlook, who he might play with in Edmonton and he's far better than a third tier prospect in this list.

Hendrix Lapierre, the weaker of the two talents (the other being teammate Dawson Mercer) of the Chicoutimi Sagueneens. When one has clearly outscored the other (not to mention is a superior two-way player) and a better track record of staying healthy, it makes you question why people are so high on Lapierre, and so low on Mercer. And when you miss all those games, you also miss crucial developmental stages in your game. Which is what scares me about Shane Wright. Well Shane still be an NHL star, more than likely that still happens, but losing a year is crucial at this age and stage in a player's development. It's what separates you from what tier of player you could become. Perhaps I put too much stock into that, but it's why guys like Peyton Krebs fell in the draft, and why Lapierre fell. There is that inherent risk. That being said Peyton's development didn't take a hit in his Draft+1 and +2 years. In fact his trajectory is looking promising.

I might consider moving Jacob Pelletier up a tier on EB's list, only because he's made some good developmental gains since being drafted. Was outstanding at the World Juniors and right now he definitely looks blocked, but with Matthew Tkachuk, Johnny Gaudreau, and Sean Monahan all being in this discussion/rumours of trade talks, it may open up some spots depending what happens during this off-season. And no, I am not referring today necessarily, but in a couple years from now when he's ready to make the jump.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Titan

Some good points there. You may have swayed me a touch on Mercer and Holloway, but the rest I'm pretty content with where I have them. That's the fun with prospects and prospect questions. The right answer is a dozen years away!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Some good points there. You may have swayed me a touch on Mercer and Holloway, but the rest I'm pretty content with where I have them. That's the fun with prospects and prospect questions. The right answer is a dozen years away!
    And that's more than fair, because you can argue the others on my end. I just see it that way. Anyway we're all going on hypotheticals and what ifs.... that should and will change as time progresses. I like you EB! You're alright!
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.