K.Kaprizov
    A.Kopitar
    J.Vorachek
    # 2 overall

I give
    S.Crosby
    J T.Miller
    #1 overall

Who wins this trade? Kaprizov looks like the real deal but will he head back to Russia?
    Team Cupper
    Fwds- Rantanen, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, Svechnikov, Debrincat, R.Thomas, B.Tkachuk, P.Dubois, S.Bennett, R.Strome, B.Nelson, C.Keller, A.Lafreniere, JVR, J.Farabee, A.Holtz, J.Toews, K.Yamamoto, K.Kapanen,
    Def - Makar, Fox, Power, Sanderson, Ty Smith, OEL
    Team- NYR,NJ, Cgy

8 Teams in league

Points, ppg,shg,gwg,ppa,sha
    Teams- Wins,otl,so
    Def get 2 points for goals
    Count- 12 fwds , 3Def, 2 Teams drop lowest 9
    Drop 4 each year.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Crosby + for Kaprizov +

I view JT Miller as a 70-80 pt player, and Crosby still as ppg for a couple years. Add in the first round pick and for me, I prefer the JT/Crosby/1st side.
    In an 8 team, drop 4 league with pretty shallow rosters, that 1st rounder can also net you a pretty great prospect/player.

Dobber Sports Star

In an 8 team with 12 starting forwards, Voracek is a non-entity, so I wouldn't count him as something you get.

Any trade offer involving Kaprizov in the near future is a gamble on whether he goes back to Russia. As it is in the news now, this seems like your opponent wants to hedge that risk. Are the picks rookie picks, picks in next year's draft, or something else? If they are rookie picks, then the switch doesn't matter. If it is your draft of guys not kept, then you'll probably want to estimate who is going to be available there. Does your league keep everyone except 4 players each year? I can't tell.

Either way, assuming everyone in the deal is going to be kept (except Voracek), it is essentially Kaprizov and Kopitar for Crosby and Miller. If there was no Russia concern, then the Kaprizov side would be my clear choice. Ultimately it all depends on whether Kaprizov re-signs.

The Magnificent One

I’m also choosing the Crosby side for the risk of Kaprizov not resigning.

The other thing is 1st overall vs 2nd in these shallow redrafts hold a tone more weight in my mind. Knowing you have first you can always pick and choose your keepers based on positions and needs as you know you can fill with the draft and not miss out even by one pick. So you basically have one more keeper slot.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports All-Star

I’m a big KK fan and I do think he will sign a short term contract with the Wild and hope for a bigger windfall later on. He says he enjoys it in the NHL so I don’t see him going anywhere. Guerin would do well to get him signed ASAP . But of course this can be a gamble but I like KK side short and long term. Good luck
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Superstar

If KK signs you win. If KK doesn't sign, you lose, big time. Simply as that IMO. All boils down to your appetite for risk.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Voracek is not really a factor in this deal, given your league/scoring structure.

Normally moving up to the #1 pick would be a big plus over the #2, but in this case, with no clear stud in the draft, I'm not sure it matters much. And if I'm reading your signature correctly, in what is essentially a "keep 21" league, there isn't exactly a top current player available in the draft either. So the picks are not really a factor.

What it really comes does to is whether you are willing to give up Crosby and Miller for Kaprizov and Kopitar. It's a steep price to pay for Kaprizov, but I have him on my team, and am a big fan now and long term. I think this is a pretty balanced deal overall. I think you take a bit of a hit in the short term, but long term, it will pay off.

Obvious risk is whether Kaprizov signs. But at the end of the day, the NHL is where the money is, and he looked great on the ice. I think the risk of him leaving is minimal.
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**