Thread: Value for CAP; Kapanen, Fabbri and Rakell

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Value for CAP; Kapanen, Fabbri and Rakell

I'd like to seek the forums opinion on what might be expected from each of these guys next year. They all have CAP friendly contracts (all ending next year) but I'm concerned about the "value" to be gained from each as we move into next season. A large part of my concern is centered on were they will fit into their respective teams plans and most certainly if some of the more concerning scoring cat numbers associated with each is likely to improve, stay the same, or perhaps even get worse. My initial thoughts are as follows:

Kapanen 3.2 Mil - I like what he did in Pittsburg, specifically, his ppg going from a best of .5 up to .75. However there are some concerns. Specifically, is he likely to see an up tick in PP time next year. My other issue is that despite putting up 30 pts in 40 games, he only had 67 SOG. That seems odd. So, can Kapanen maintain or improve on .75 PPG, will he see more PP time and will he start to shoot the damn puck??

Fabbri 2.95 Mil - So staying healthy here is an issue for sure but lets put that aside. I'm extremely curious as to where Fabbri fits into an improving Red Wing squad? For all intents and purposes, he did seem to play a 1st line role and had ample PP time. Does that continue? Like Kapanen, his SOG remained under 2 per game. Is that likely to improve?

Rakell 3.789 Mil - To say last years campaign was a bit disappointing is an understatement. While they have a long way to go, I think the Ducks will be better next year but where does Rakell fit in? Again, he was a veteran presence last year on a young team and his ice time reflected that, but the numbers .. oh my, 28 pts, his lowest PPG in 5 years! His other numbers were alright, but the offensive numbers, pretty brutal In a perfect world, the Ducks role a first line of Zegras centering Rakell and one of Lunderstrom/Jones/Comtois. What are the chances of that happening, can Rakell get back to having a reasonable chance of hitting 55 pts?

Look forward to seeing what folks think about these guys.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Value for CAP; Kapanen, Fabbri and Rakell

Kapanen for me is the guy here. He’s 24 and playing with a lot of talent. If it isn’t Crosby it’s Malkin. I think the Pens like his upside and if he remains in the top 6 can become a regular 55-65 point guy.

Im not crazy about Fabbri, plus I think he’s just a filler for some of the young guys coming up. Most I see him getting on this team is maybe 45-55 points. He’s only 1 ur older than Kap but not quite a key contributor on that team. I think anything over 40 points is gravy for the Wings expectations.

Rakell is 28 and has gotten 30+ goals and 65 points before but can he do it again? On the rebuilding Ducks I don’t think he will hit his old numbers. Believe it or not he might be seen as a veteran presence for guys like Zegras and Comtois (as you stated)I think 50-60 points is his ceiling for the next few years unless the youngsters experience a “growth spurt”. IF they burst out he may benefit and possibly hit the high 60s. Big IF.

So it would be Kap, Rakell/Fabbri for me, good luck!
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Pro

Kapanen ( i think he’s the better player AND in the best situation. He had a nice chemistry with Malkin )

Rakell ( maybe Zegras could help his production but i see him around 50 points next season)

Fabbri ( band aid boy on a bad team... i’m not expecting a lot from him)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    Kapanen ( i think he’s the better player AND in the best situation. He had a nice chemistry with Malkin )

Rakell ( maybe Zegras could help his production but i see him around 50 points next season)

Fabbri ( band aid boy on a bad team... i’m not expecting a lot from him)

My cap rankings have this order too, with Kapanen the only one of the three within the top 200 (Fabbri is outside the top-400).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

I think Rakell is a 55-60 high sog center who can get 30 goals and 70 points if everything aligns proeprly in any given season. I think:\

a) Zegras could be the key to unloicking a superb season from him and

b) a trade could totally re-shuffle his floor and ceiling depending where he goes, what his role is and who he plays with.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Just giving it a Bump
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like all of these guys various amounts, but Fabbri the least. He's got the lowest floor, and the lowest ceiling.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.