Thread: Rank these goalie prospects

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Rank these goalie prospects

For dynasty team in sig (goalies score crazy amounts of points in this league)

Gustafsson, Konovalov, Anunnen, Dostal, Ingram, Tarasov, Luukkonen

Throw someone you have high expectations for in your response!
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Rank these goalie prospects

Dostal
    Tarasov
    Konovalov

Annunen

Ingram
    Luukkonen
    Gustavsson

Dostal is the best goalie, but he does have Gibson in the way, so if you want to take that into account, then you may knock him down a little.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Dostal
    Tarasov
    Konovalov

Annunen

Ingram
    Luukkonen
    Gustavsson

Dostal is the best goalie, but he does have Gibson in the way, so if you want to take that into account, then you may knock him down a little.
    I have them ranked very similar. That said, I'm looking at this from a tier system, meaning Dostal, Tarasov and Konovalov are all tier one. Annunen sits alone in tier two and tier three includes Ingram, Luukkonen and Gus.

Certainly Askarov needs to be considered here and I would include him in tier 1. However, Saros is beginning to emerge and that will not help Askarov.

With goalies you just never know but if I were to further rank the tier 1 guys it would be as follows:

Tarasov - A lot of folks consider him to be the best goalie in the Blue Jackets system. There is every chance that the goalie "log jam" in Columbus gets addressed this summer and that being the case Tarsov will have the opportunity I think to prove that he is indeed a quality NHL starting Goalie.

Dostal - As Senryu has already pointed out, it is unlikely that Dostal has a legitimate opportunity to take over the Ducks crease as long as Gibson anchors it down and he is under contract for the next 6 years. Dostal may not have to wait 6 years to get his shot, but it will likely be 2 or 3 before he may begin to transition into the starting job in Anaheim. Or he's traded.

Konovalov - This guy is a potential wild card. What he has done in the KHL is quite impressive. Further, the Russians are turning out high level goaltenders at an amazing rate and many feel that Konovalov is definitely one of them. There is little doubt that the Oilers need to do something about their goaltending. Is it possible that Konovalov is given the opportunity next year to take the crease in Edmonton. I think there is a fair chance of him getting that opportunity and we'll see what happens. Wild Card!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Deity

First off, goalie prospects are a complete crapshoot. I'm sure I don't have to tell you this but felt it's worth mentioning.

A similar thread recently here:

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...hlight=Tarasov

I'd go:

Tarasov
    Dostal
    Konovalov
    Annunen
    Gustavsson
    UPL
    Ingram

That's my best guess.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Hmm... isn't this the fun of goalies? My list is seemingly way different

Dostal
    Tarasov
    Gustavsson

Luukonen
    Konovalov
    Annunen

Ingram < and I think he's the real wildcard here. His numbers are terrific in the AHL. He needs A. a real shot and B. to get his life in order. He does B, he'll find a way to get A. and then he could skyrocket up this list. (The type of player Toronto should target as a depth G addition to the system)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm closer with Luca's take.

Dostal & Tarasov are the top 2 for me.
    Gus, Konovalov are in my next tier.
    UPL, Ingram and Annunen (in that order) round out a tier just a smidge below Tier 2. (And further agree with Luca that if Ingram can get settled, he'd have as good of a shot as any of these guys to be relevant)

FWIW, I find it almost useless to try and project "opportunity" with goalies (feel the opposite with F & D). I almost always just focus on pedigree & scouting (reports and the odd eyeball test) knowing it's a multi-year wait anyways.

I mean, just consider Gus' "path":

2nd rd pick by PIT.
    'Blocked' by MAF and a couple of young risers in M.Murray and T.Jarry
    Dealt to OTT.
    Clear goalie of the future with only an aging C.Anderson really blocking his ascension.
    Gus craps the bed in the minors (based on expectations) over a pair of seasons.
    OTT trades for Murray and gives playing time to Hogberg, signs Daccord, drafts Sogaard, Mandolese, Merilainen.
    Gus gets dropped/forgotten about in every single dynasty league I play in.
    19 Ottawa goalies get hurt in the span of a month allowing Gus to get some time in the show.
    Gus decides to go 'lights out' in his run of NHL starts he finally gets.
    OTT (fans anyways) no longer believe in Murray.
    Gus back in the discussion. (For OTT as well as for rank 'em threads on Dobber!)

Seriously how could any of us actually predict that?
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    I'm closer with Luca's take.

Dostal & Tarasov are the top 2 for me.
    Gus, Konovalov are in my next tier.
    UPL, Ingram and Annunen (in that order) round out a tier just a smidge below Tier 2. (And further agree with Luca that if Ingram can get settled, he'd have as good of a shot as any of these guys to be relevant)

FWIW, I find it almost useless to try and project "opportunity" with goalies (feel the opposite with F & D). I almost always just focus on pedigree & scouting (reports and the odd eyeball test) knowing it's a multi-year wait anyways.

I mean, just consider Gus' "path":

2nd rd pick by PIT.
    'Blocked' by MAF and a couple of young risers in M.Murray and T.Jarry
    Dealt to OTT.
    Clear goalie of the future with only an aging C.Anderson really blocking his ascension.
    Gus craps the bed in the minors (based on expectations) over a pair of seasons.
    OTT trades for Murray and gives playing time to Hogberg, signs Daccord, drafts Sogaard, Mandolese, Merilainen.
    Gus gets dropped/forgotten about in every single dynasty league I play in.
    19 Ottawa goalies get hurt in the span of a month allowing Gus to get some time in the show.
    Gus decides to go 'lights out' in his run of NHL starts he finally gets.
    OTT (fans anyways) no longer believe in Murray.
    Gus back in the discussion. (For OTT as well as for rank 'em threads on Dobber!)

Seriously how could any of us actually predict that?
    Absolutely!!!! I loved your Tracking of Gus!!! Thing is, this is by no means unique, in fact it's arguably pretty much the norm applicable to one degree or the other of the majority of the flakes between the pipes! However, we must subject ourselves to this "torture" as most leagues have numerous goalie stats, we have no choice but to take the best shot as you see it, pick your poison and hope for the best. But it gets better, even if you "get it right" the chances are that's only temporary and that stroke of genius turns back into a pile of poop and the cycle continues. But, that's what we do (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Star

Agreed that none of us ever know and anything with goalies is possible. But I'd like to have seen some level of success by Gustavsson. If I recall, his main performance-based claims to fame are a WJC tournament and the handful of games he appeared in this season. Not a lot! But ever hopeful.

Dobber Sports Wizard

my problem with Gustavsson is that he was supposed to be this new great thing, came over from Europe and really struggled for couple of year...he was great last year...but does that mean he needed long time to adjust or just had good few months and will go back to not so good...time will tell i guess.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones