Thread: What about Cozens if Eichel leave...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default What about Cozens if Eichel leave...

Hi everyone,
    what do you think will be the impact for Cozens if Eichel leave.

Nobody knows if Eichel will be trade and what will be the return, but with what we know how this could change Cozens's futur.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: What about Cozens if Eichel leave...

Eichel will be dealt and when he does Cozens becomes the guy you build around. Going to be a while before he can be the player we expect him to be.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Eichel will be dealt and when he does Cozens becomes the guy you build around. Going to be a while before he can be the player we expect him to be.
    Honestly, I don't think he's far off from being fantasy relevant. When he was given top line duties with good linemates he responded with 7 points in 8 games, but with that mess of a team shifting him all over the place from 1st to 4th line and center to wing, it was hard for him to build chemistry and you can't produce with the likes of Sheahan, Eakin, and Reider. Plays go dead with those guys. Sure he played with some good players as well, but you need time to build that chemistry. Dylan Cozens is blessed with a combination of size, speed, and an amazing shot. And when you factor in his hockey brain, and his tenacity and work ethic, I guarantee he'll be a top-six producer getting good numbers as early as this season. He focused more on his defensive game to play in this league this past year, but has made it abundantly clear he wants to focus on the offensive part and continue watching tape, and building strength over the Summer. Only thing holding him back is asset management, which we know the Sabres haven't been so great in that department.

But yeah, as long as he gets a chance to build chemistry in the top-six, and get some PP time, that a 45-to-60 point season wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for 21/22. But I agree, he's probably years from reaching his top-end. Which I believe is anywhere around 70-80 points.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think you hit the nail on the head when you say "we don't know what the return will be". Despite the fact that this is Buffalo, it seems unlikely that Eichel is moved for a bag of pucks. If Eichel is moved, which seems likely, we don't know what the Sabres line up will look like when the dust settles and that will absolutely determine where Cozens fits in. I find it unlikely that Cozens will be handed the keys to the car and log huge minutes of prime ice time, a typical learning curve is far more likely. I don't think Eichel moving on will hurt Cozens, but what comes out of the Eichel trade will determine Cozens role and opportunity moving forward. I can see around 40 - 50 pts if things go well. I also agree that hitting his ceiling is a ways down the road and if that is to happen, the Sabres have to get off the "train wreck" path that they've been on for years. Not a great environment, just ask Jack Eichel (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Legend

Depends on what the Swords get in return for Eichel. Also depends on the Swords tanking for top picks. I think Cozens will be given the chance to produce and may surprise. Someone will need to score on that team.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka