Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual Abuse Allegations against former Blackhawks Video Coach (Brad Aldrich)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Sexual Abuse Allegations against former Blackhawks Video Coach (Brad Aldrich)

so many morally perfect people here...

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Sexual Abuse Allegations against former Blackhawks Video Coach (Brad Aldrich)

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    so many morally perfect people here...
    Are you commenting on forum members, or Bill Guerin, Rutherford, Bowman, all the CBH people and so on?

Because if you're commenting on "how do we as the public judge people who tried bury a sexual assault. And then that person then went on to sexually assault 1 more person before they took action, then wrote a letter of reference to allow him to sexually assault a teenager"... I'll flat out say I think I have the moral levity to comment on this.

That was a dumb post. Even people who have done wrong can judge this situation. Having done wrong, does not make this situation any better.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Are you commenting on forum members, or Bill Guerin, Rutherford, Bowman, all the CBH people and so on?

Because if you're commenting on "how do we as the public judge people who tried bury a sexual assault. And then that person then went on to sexually assault 1 more person before they took action, then wrote a letter of reference to allow him to sexually assault a teenager"... I'll flat out say I think I have the moral levity to comment on this.
    forum members yes.

You guys are all so perfect, never called anyone anything in your life hey. Get real kids.

Dobber Sports Titan

forum members yes.

You guys are all so perfect, never called anyone anything in your life hey. Get real kids.
    I was going 80kmh in a 60kmh zone, covering up sexual assault is then good.

This thinking is part of the problem. But ok have your own thoughts.

Dobber Sports All-Star

forum members yes.

My favorite wrestler was Mr. Perfect. As real as it gets. I once called my cat a ***** too. To hell with me then.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Initiate

I was going 80kmh in a 60kmh zone, covering up sexual assault is then good.

This thinking is part of the problem. But ok have your own thoughts.
    better make sure your own ducks are in a row before you become the perfect citizen. If you ever mocked, laughed, imitated etc. a person of color or sex or other minority you should probably just be quiet and stick to fantasy hockey. If you have ever seen a co-worker been mistreated and you just sat down because you didn't want to pipe up in fear of ramifications for yourself, you should probably just be quiet and stick to fantasy hockey.

My god the holier than thou mentality is real around this thread.

Dobber Sports Titan

better make sure your own ducks are in a row before you become the perfect citizen. If you ever mocked, laughed, imitated etc. a person of color or sex or other minority you should probably just be quiet and stick to fantasy hockey. If you have ever seen a co-worker been mistreated and you just sat down because you didn't want to pipe up in fear of ramifications for yourself, you should probably just be quiet and stick to fantasy hockey.

I can personally say I have NEVER covered up a sexual assault. NEVER let someone's confession of being sexually assaulted fall on deaf ears. NEVER once said "well, he did do something illegal, but he's good at what he does".

This is not someone made a poor joke. In 2014, a player skated around at practice chasing (I think) John Doe 2 (being dealt with in another sexual assault case with Chicago) asking him if he liked that bl*& Jo# from Aldrich. Was that wrong? Yeah, but I'm not going to call for his career to end. Am I calling for Sopel's head because he knew of this? No. There's an obvious line here, and if you think "if you have ever done anything wrong in your life, you can't comment on this" is a legitimate, normal reaction, then you sir have some odd morals.

That's the last comment towards you on this, because we have opposing beliefs and neither will change (obviously).

Dobber Sports Initiate

I can personally say I have NEVER covered up a sexual assault. NEVER let someone's confession of being sexually assaulted fall on deaf ears. NEVER once said "well, he did do something illegal, but he's good at what he does".

This is not someone made a poor joke. In 2014, a player skated around at practice chasing (I think) John Doe 2 (being dealt with in another sexual assault case with Chicago) asking him if he liked that bl*& Jo# from Aldrich. Was that wrong? Yeah, but I'm not going to call for his career to end. Am I calling for Sopel's head because he knew of this? No. There's an obvious line here, and if you think "if you have ever done anything wrong in your life, you can't comment on this" is a legitimate, normal reaction, then you sir have some odd morals.

That's the last comment towards you on this, because we have opposing beliefs and neither will change (obviously).
    you can comment just fine, but everyone pretends to be so f-ing perfect in this thread. Let's get real for a minute here. Every single person in this forum has done or said something in their life that is not acceptable in this day and age. Should we crucify everyone fo rit? No simple.

Same reason we shouldn't tear down statues and re-write history books because it doesn't fit the politically correct narrative that's dictating society these days.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Spot on - for some strange reason, I also believe committing a crime, ignoring a crime, and covering up a crime is really bad. Letting a serial abuser ply their trade? Also really bad.
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Veteran

you can comment just fine, but everyone pretends to be so f-ing perfect in this thread. Let's get real for a minute here. Every single person in this forum has done or said something in their life that is not acceptable in this day and age. Should we crucify everyone fo rit? No simple.

Same reason we shouldn't tear down statues and re-write history books because it doesn't fit the politically correct narrative that's dictating society these days.
    This has nothing to do with being politically correct. This has everything to do with being both legally, and morally incorrect if you helped cover up a sexual assault.

Sure I've had a speeding ticket or two, but never in my life have I been in a situation like the former. Give your head a shake if you're going to compare the two.

Dobber Sports Star

Well you had to know that this post was going to come out eventually. Most reasonably intelligent people can tell the difference between not using your turn signal, and covering up sexual assault; did you seriously need somebody here to take the time to explain it to you? To be honest, I get the idea that you don't genuinely feel that way as much as you are trying really hard to stir shit.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    What an embarrassing display by Toews last night. I guess we know now what kind of "leader" he is.
    Could not agree more. What a disgrace...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Master

Yes, let’s stay on point and ignore the click bait.

I don’t so much blame the Hawks players… they’re hockey players, not administrators. The administrators had all the information they needed and did nothing for quite a while. The union did nothing at all. Any blaming of this guy’s former colleagues for the responsibility to act is a bit of a distraction. Employees are usually called to report any wrongdoing in their company but they have nowhere near the same onus as administrators do.. and this is a hockey team, hardly a usual workplace.

The blame is rightly put on the GM and president and in some part the coach. They were the ones who could do the most about it and they are the ones to fault. I fault the coach less because the GM and president can overrule the coach on anything they want. They’re the bosses. Regardless of what a coach thinks and says, it’s on them to give weight to his opinion or not and they shouldn’t have given any.

For Quenneville or Chevy, they may be unsavoury in this but that’s not the same as having the ultimate responsibility in this. Being unsavoury and stupid doesn’t mean you suffer the same consequences as those who ignored their duties.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Yes, let’s stay on point and ignore the click bait.

I don’t so much blame the Hawks players… they’re hockey players, not administrators. The administrators had all the information they needed and did nothing for quite a while. The union did nothing at all. Any blaming of this guy’s former colleagues for the responsibility to act is a bit of a distraction. Employees are usually called to report any wrongdoing in their company but they have nowhere near the same onus as administrators do.. and this is a hockey team, hardly a usual workplace.

The blame is rightly put on the GM and president and in some part the coach. They were the ones who could do the most about it and they are the ones to fault. I fault the coach less because the GM and president can overrule the coach on anything they want. They’re the bosses. Regardless of what a coach thinks and says, it’s on them to give weight to his opinion or not and they shouldn’t have given any.

For Quenneville or Chevy, they may be unsavoury in this but that’s not the same as having the ultimate responsibility in this. Being unsavoury and stupid doesn’t mean you suffer the same consequences as those who ignored their duties.
    Yes it does.
    Unsavory? It's this sort of dismissive language that seeks to minimize the level of injustice that has occured. C'mon man.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Yes it does.
    Unsavory? It's this sort of dismissive language that seeks to minimize the level of injustice that has occured. C'mon man.
    Right on. As others have correctly pointed out, that type of 'rationalizing' didn't work for JoPa at Penn State and it isn't going to apply here. Funny, but that's also the same reasoning a quite a few of the defendants used at Nuremburg. Guess what - you see something wrong or are in involved in something wrong, and you're a 'leader', it IS your responsibility to do something.
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category