Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual Abuse Allegations against former Blackhawks Video Coach (Brad Aldrich)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Sexual Abuse Allegations against former Blackhawks Video Coach (Brad Aldrich)

OK, so now what would it take, seriously, to have Stan Bowman’s name etched off the Stanley Cup? Because until that happens, there still is no justice.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Sexual Abuse Allegations against former Blackhawks Video Coach (Brad Aldrich)

What an embarrassing display by Toews last night. I guess we know now what kind of "leader" he is.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    What an embarrassing display by Toews last night. I guess we know now what kind of "leader" he is.
    absolutely

I can sort of understand that as a young player himself at the time (only 22?), Toews probably wasn't mature enough to do the right thing and support Beach and ensure no one on the team mocked and bullied him. However, last night Toews should have said "we were wrong. What happened to Beach was horrible. I was young and stupid and I should have done something to help him and not bullied him."

Just apologize, and accept responsibility.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm repeating a post here given the multiple threads - apologies for the repetition but I feel very strongly about this.

I think Quenneville is done. This is 2021, not 2010, Bettman and the NHL would be crazy not to impose harsh punishment, and even if they didn’t JQ will not want to deal with the fallout by continuing as Panthers coach. He’ll resign.

The tide has turned. The public is no longer going to tolerate the old boys approach. The NHL knows they need young fans, and those fans will stay away forever if this kind of thing is improperly handled.

NOTE: It’s not just what Q did during the run, to insist on delaying any investigation or fallout until after the Cup was won. He let this guy participate fully in the celebration festivities and then, I believe, gave him a recommendation - and then the piece of shit leveraged that to get other work and eventually abused a 16yo hockey player in Michigan.

Q is done.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Has it been stated anywhere why he didn't go to local authorities (maybe he did?).
    He went to Chicago executives and NHLPA, so he obviously was trying to speak out.
    Why stop? Curious if someone talked him into that?
    Obviously I don't know what was going on in Beach's mind, but if I try to put myself in his position as a 20-year old, trying to make it in professional hockey (a league in that is clearly macho and homophobic), I might have been too embarrassed to go to the police, especially after no one within the organization seemed to take the allegations seriously.

That's just one possibility...many victims of rape often don't report to the police for all kinds of reasons (fear, guilt, embarrassment, wanting to just forget the incident ever happened, etc.).

And you are right...it is also possible that someone talked him out of going to the police. If so, that would just be one more way he was victimized.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Titan

Aldrich's name is on the Stanley Cup. They need to address that first before Bowman's.

I don't know who has actual ownership of championship rings, but I thought I heard it's actually owned by the team. If that's true, I'd publicly request Aldrich return it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    And you are right...it is also possible that someone talked him out of going to the police. If so, that would just be one more way he was victimized.
    This is what I'm wondering. Didn't know if this was addressed.
    (I wasn't really asking about his own personal reasons more so of other influences)

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Aldrich's name is on the Stanley Cup. They need to address that first before Bowman's.
    McDonough (I assume his name is also on the cup) too before Bowman's
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Master

At least Fehr admitted that the system failed him, and "we're" (talking about the NHLPA) was apart of that system. Out of everyone, at least Fehr admitted he was wrong and took accountability. Meanwhile everyone else has tried to pass the blame to someone else.

Fehr should step down, but at the bare minimum he's admitted fault
    I’ll say this, as a paying dues member in addition to being a human being, the nhlpa failed him so catastrophically and miserably that they bear an enormous burden here. The Blackhawks as the employer bear the biggest one, but in all my years of labour law I don’t know that I’ve seen a union fail one of its members so blatantly and monumentally. They should be raked over the coals as basically complicit with the Hawks in this ordeal.

Unbelievable. That self-righteous union should be ashamed of itself. What a joke, a failure in the basics of representation. Apologies are empty, they are complicit.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Titan

This is what I'm wondering. Didn't know if this was addressed.
    (I wasn't really asking about his own personal reasons more so of other influences)

McDonough (I assume his name is also on the cup) too before Bowman's
    -Fear of retaliation/ridicule
    -Shame
    -Not enough evidence to report
    -Belief police won't be able to help
    -Just not ready to go to strangers about it
    -

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I’ll say this, as a paying dues member in addition to being a human being, the nhlpa failed him so catastrophically and miserably that they bear an enormous burden here. The Blackhawks as the employer bear the biggest one, but in all my years of labour law I don’t know that I’ve seen a union fail one of its members so blatantly and monumentally. They should be raked over the coals as basically complicit with the Hawks in this ordeal.

Unbelievable. That self-righteous union should be ashamed of itself. What a joke, a failure in the basics of representation. Apologies are empty, they are complicit.
    This x1000. I almost put more blame on the NHLPA than the CBH. They literally have 1 job, and failed beyond measure to do that 1 task.

Dobber Sports Sage

-Fear of retaliation/ridicule
    -Shame
    -Not enough evidence to report
    -Belief police won't be able to help
    -Just not ready to go to strangers about it
    -
    Those are all his own personal reasons though.

I was curious if anyone tried to "talk him out of it". I know he talked to several different people. So did those people give him support to come forward or did they try to keep him hush hush. Be pretty hard to just sit on the fence.
    It seems that they really didn't talk to Beach much at all.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Titan

Those are all his own personal reasons though.

I was curious if anyone tried to "talk him out of it". I know he talked to several different people. So did those people give him support to come forward or did they try to keep him hush hush. Be pretty hard to just sit on the fence.
    It seems that they really didn't talk to Beach much at all.
    Ya, I don't think Beach ever said someone talked him out of going to the police. What was mentioned with police was Paul Vincent approached high ranking execs in the Blackhawks organization that they pass the matter off to the Chicago Police, but it was brushed off. However, I don't think Beach ever went to police himself, or mentioned police himself.

Dobber Sports Titan

Ok so I don't know if this is added information, or fluff. But....:

- in the Stanley Cup final game in 2010 playoffs vs the Flyers, the Blackhawks had the Flyers lineup on a white board. During the celebrations in the Chicago Blackhawks dressing room, there's a picture of Kane and Toews with the cup above them and that whiteboard in the background. Beside "Chris Pronger" on that whiteboard, someone wrote in another colour "is g&y" with a circle around it.

Say it's a nothing point, say it shows culture, say it was just the era and that was a thing ppl said. But it's just another point towards toxic culture, and another point towards how Beach likely felt about what happened and how ppl could be making fun of him.

And also, Bill Guerin is expected to be named as a replacement for Stan Bowman for the USA Olympic team. The man who is being investigated for covering up a sexual assault. Jim Rutherford was named as a possible GM replacement for Bowman, who was the GM of the Penguins when the Guerin stuff happened (Guerin was the GM of the Penguins AHL team).

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    This x1000. I almost put more blame on the NHLPA than the CBH. They literally have 1 job, and failed beyond measure to do that 1 task.
    Agreed, this is a huge indictment of Fehr and he deserves fallout.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

The Great One

Ok so I don't know if this is added information, or fluff. But....:

- in the Stanley Cup final game in 2010 playoffs vs the Flyers, the Blackhawks had the Flyers lineup on a white board. During the celebrations in the Chicago Blackhawks dressing room, there's a picture of Kane and Toews with the cup above them and that whiteboard in the background. Beside "Chris Pronger" on that whiteboard, someone wrote in another colour "is g&y" with a circle around it.

Say it's a nothing point, say it shows culture, say it was just the era and that was a thing ppl said. But it's just another point towards toxic culture, and another point towards how Beach likely felt about what happened and how ppl could be making fun of him.

And also, Bill Guerin is expected to be named as a replacement for Stan Bowman for the USA Olympic team. The man who is being investigated for covering up a sexual assault. Jim Rutherford was named as a possible GM replacement for Bowman, who was the GM of the Penguins when the Guerin stuff happened (Guerin was the GM of the Penguins AHL team).
    I saw this and thought the exact same thing...some people are so oblivious
    12 team, H2H, salary cap