Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual Abuse Allegations against former Blackhawks Video Coach (Brad Aldrich)

The Great One

Default Re: Sexual Abuse Allegations against former Blackhawks Video Coach (Brad Aldrich)

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I would have responded to this initially but I have been very sick with pneumonia and last week at this time I was in a bad place. Anyways, without question this is morally reprehensible behavior. It does not surprise me considering that John McDonough was ultra-concerned with the image of the Blackhawks when he was in charge. A cover-up is exactly in his nature. To think that this incident was buried and then the coach was given glowing recommendations and then went to a high school and abused more young men is absolutely disgusting.

Personally, I have been distancing myself as a Hawks fan over the last few years. The team is just not interesting, I had cut the cord so I wasn't getting their games on the local RSN, and I found other teams (Toronto, Carolina, and Vancouver) more enjoyable to watch. But I'm done with the Hawks. I'll never spend another dollar going to see one of their games and the little team swag that I wear is getting thrown away. This is just too much. I want to represent my NHL fandom so I'll probably get myself a Wings or Leaf hat to show my support to the league. Hell, I might even go to a Chicago Steel game or two to watch some prospects. I'll always have my memories of the 3 Cups but the Hawks are pretty much dead to me.
    This is awesome. So heartening to see someone say that principle and what is right are more important than sports and fandom. Well said.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Sexual Abuse Allegations against former Blackhawks Video Coach (Brad Aldrich)

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    This is awesome. So heartening to see someone say that principle and what is right are more important than sports and fandom. Well said.
    Thanks for the kind words.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

This is another sad example of the dysfunctional sports “family,” where everyone knows but nobody steps up. Cheveldayoff, Quenneville, Bergevin - gotta be asked, what did you know and when? And get ready for the righteous fake denials.

and kudos to Daydream Nation. I dropped any thoughts of being a Squealer fan (Pittsburgh NFL team) after the Rothlisberger cover-up.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Guru

The worst thing about all is this how the NHL won't investigate. Think of all the time and money they poured in the Arizona drafting scandal, but they won't even look at it.

I'm really hoping these are the only questions Bettmn gets asked at his annual press conference when the finals start.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    The worst thing about all is this how the NHL won't investigate. Think of all the time and money they poured in the Arizona drafting scandal, but they won't even look at it.
    If it's a legal matter I assume it's best just to let the authorities do the investigation.
    Arizona didn't break any laws - just business rules. Internal makes sense for that, but not this situation.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Ninja

Depending on how the league responds to this it has me really wondering if it's something I can ever support financially again.

Dobber Sports Padawan

This sucks. Between all the Blackhawks merch I own and the two Toyotas parked in my driveway, I really don't know how to feel. I'll always have the great memories of those Cup teams but this really puts a stink on it. I have to think that anyone in the front office left from 2010 needs to lose their job, and the NHL really needs to come down on them in some way.

It's funny, I think I've transitioned from being a hockey fan to a fantasy hockey fan -- I haven't been real interested in a team since Washington's Cup run in 2018. I've hardly watched any hockey this year. This new Blackhawks scandal isn't helping.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Titan

NHL radio on SiriusXM is sponsored by the NHL and about a month before this Blackhawks news got "rebrought up" the guy on a show said he has no issues bringing up issues the NHL has even with being a sponsor they have an agreement that they are allowed to talk about whatever they want (this was in regards to reffing). A fan called in last week and asked if they are allowed to talk about anything and they said yes, he said "So the Blackhawks" and got cut off.

The NHL is definitely trying to hush hush this and I'm sure they've told their news outlets to not talk about it. Which is terrible. Should be taking the NBA stance and making an example of Stan Bowman (LA Clippers owner scandal is what I'm referring to).

The good thing about the last yr+ in our society, this won't be let go.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    This sucks. Between all the Blackhawks merch I own and the two Toyotas parked in my driveway, I really don't know how to feel. I'll always have the great memories of those Cup teams but this really puts a stink on it. I have to think that anyone in the front office left from 2010 needs to lose their job, and the NHL really needs to come down on them in some way.

It's funny, I think I've transitioned from being a hockey fan to a fantasy hockey fan -- I haven't been real interested in a team since Washington's Cup run in 2018. I've hardly watched any hockey this year. This new Blackhawks scandal isn't helping.
    Whats wrong with Toyota?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Whats wrong with Toyota?
    Donating to "Anti-election Republicans". I think they donated to push for large tax breaks.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Donating to "Anti-election Republicans". I think they donated to push for large tax breaks.
    That seems like it would be a long list

The Great One

Chicago's NHL team has hired a former federal prosecutor to conduct an independent review of allegations that a former player was sexually assaulted by a then-assistant coach in 2010.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...-nhl-1.6083178

Dobber Sports Stud

It’s a start. But shuffling this under the rug will only last so long.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    It’s a start. But shuffling this under the rug will only last so long.
    NHL says they were made aware of the situation "relatively recently", will await the outcome of the independent investigation (which is appropriate) and then, based on the facts, will decide upon potential discipline (paraphrasing).

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...ng-allegations

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Stan Bowman will not survive this. Among others as well.
    Such a horrible thing done or allegedly done but then a cover up. Nope, not good.
    In today's world with all thats been going on, heads are gonna roll on this one. Bowman will be one of them.