Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual Abuse Allegations against former Blackhawks Video Coach (Brad Aldrich)

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Sexual Abuse Allegations against former Blackhawks Video Coach (Brad Aldrich)

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Yes it does.
    Unsavory? It's this sort of dismissive language that seeks to minimize the level of injustice that has occured. C'mon man.
    I don’t think you should judge my intentions on a choice or words, nor my commitment to injustice…

Unsavoury might mean something more serious to me than to you, just because I didn’t feel like typing something like outright D bag.. or disgusting or whatever or a worse insult. I don’t support these men but I don’t like leveling words that I don’t feel like doing.

I think your reaction on that is a bit much.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Sexual Abuse Allegations against former Blackhawks Video Coach (Brad Aldrich)

Quote Originally Posted by LordoftheRinks View Post
    Right on. As others have correctly pointed out, that type of 'rationalizing' didn't work for JoPa at Penn State and it isn't going to apply here. Funny, but that's also the same reasoning a quite a few of the defendants used at Nuremburg. Guess what - you see something wrong or are in involved in something wrong, and you're a 'leader', it IS your responsibility to do something.
    With all due respect, equating this situation with anything like Nuremberg dismisses Nuremberg…

Let’s not try to minimize or dismiss either or both.

And no tweetdrivr the consequences won’t be the same because the level of responsibility is not the same, nor the expectations to act and the level of authority or power to do so. The legal system properly weighs that and will in this case as well.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I don’t think you should judge my intentions on a choice or words, nor my commitment to injustice…

Unsavoury might mean something more serious to me than to you, just because I didn’t feel like typing something like outright D bag.. or disgusting or whatever or a worse insult. I don’t support these men but I don’t like leveling words that I don’t feel like doing.

Not sure what you're trying to say here.

Your previous post indicates that the actions of coach Q and Cheveldayoff were "unsavory and stupid" but that they should not be punished by losing their jobs. Defend that in a way that doesn't down play the level of absolute scum bag behavior they were guilty of.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post

I think not. The 'rationalization' aspect applies. Not taking responsibility, ignoring the wrong, and just following the chain of command regardless of the outcome is inherently wrong.
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Pro

I think Beach was bi-curious and sought out the encounter. It doesn't make sense (logically or anatomically speaking) if he didn't possess some degree of interest.
    Does that make Aldrich's predatory behavior any less abhorrent? Of course not. But it changes the narrative a bit and would impact why the players behaved the way they did in 2010. Speculation of course, but in my opinion it doesn't add up otherwise.

It's still awful and inexcusable, but I don't agree with the judgment some of you are passing on Toews specifically. In reality at the end of the day you have no actual knowledge of what happened in 2010 or what Toews thinks today. He has more at stake than you and just finished a hockey game while this news was breaking. Give it time.

Being so quick to write off someone's character is not admirable (which i think that is probably what Stifler was trying to say).

Quenneville absolutely needs to step down.

The Great One

Well that was fun. I'm going to stop reading this thread. I'm a little worried the stunning levels of intellect on display here might make me feel inadequate. I'll let the real geniuses here figure it all out.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Not sure what you're trying to say here.

Your previous post indicates that the actions of coach Q and Cheveldayoff were "unsavory and stupid" but that they should not be punished by losing their jobs. Defend that in a way that doesn't down play the level of absolute scum bag behavior they were guilty of.
    All I said is that in my mind they don’t bear the same onus as do Bowman and The président do. They bear responsibility but in mind a lesser degree because they have less authority than others involved in this.

I don’t know whether that means they deserve to be fired from their current jobs. They don’t work for the same employer anymore… but the nhl is an insular place with its own employment and labour rules so they will likely face heat to the level of being fired… I happen to think stiff discipline can take forms short of termination. This might be one of those cases but nhl job security is tenuous at best so they might well lose their jobs.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by LordoftheRinks View Post
    I think not. The 'rationalization' aspect applies. Not taking responsibility, ignoring the wrong, and just following the chain of command regardless of the outcome is inherently wrong.
    Huh?

In which way have I « rationalized » the issue? Because I said there are varying degrees of responsibility in this matter?

There are. That is fact. Not rationalization.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Wild to me personally that some people apparently don't think an NHL head coach has the power to fire his own video coach.

Probably as wild as people believing all the players still in the NHL never knew it happened and all the players no longer in the NHL absolutely knew, regardless of status on the team.

Anyways, Arpon Basu, possibly the most well respected Canadiens beat writer, requested an interview with Marc Bergevin today to discuss Kyle Beach and was denied, which tells you all you need to know about Bergevin's involvement at the time.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Wild to me personally that some people apparently don't think an NHL head coach has the power to fire his own video coach
    He doesn’t. Coaches don’t sign the contracts, managers do. He might have the influence to do it (and should have exercised such influence instead of doing exactly the opposite) but he doesn’t have that authority.

Ultimately it’s on Bowman. He should have corrected and silenced Quenneville but instead he agreed with him. So did the president. It doesn’t exonerate Quenneville but it’s far worse for Bowman than it is for Quenneville.

People's understanding of NHL power structures is Wild. Wild.

Anyways.

Dave Bolland just deleted his twitter.

What's 2+2 equal?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Dave Bolland just deleted his twitter.

What's 2+2 equal?
    What’s he reported to have done?

Bolland specifically has not been named to reportedly have done anything. But if you've dug into the specifics of the case, well, simple math is simple math.

Dobber Sports Master

This civil suit is gonna be something

Dobber Sports Sage

It was asked "what do we now?" and McDonough replied "I will handle it."
    Shifting all responsibility onto himself (McDonough).

What are you guys reasonably expecting J.Q. (a subordinate to McDonough) to do after that?

How did all the players know?
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24