Lehner
    Hall
    Theodore
    Andersen
    Jarry
    Nylander
    Nedeljkovic
    Meier

The goalie situation is hard to decide on right now without knowing how free agency works out, and I'm not sure if I keep 2, 1 or even 0 of those guys. They've all got a lot of questions around them. I would like to know which ones you would avoid automatically/which you would wait and see on. I could try to trade some. I know a lot of people will say Lehner, but I am getting sort of fed up with him stuck behind Fleury and wouldnt even be shocked if MAF got a 1 year deal to stay in Vegas longer.

Then there's Theodore, who isn't a gritty dman but does provide a lot of the other categories. I like him and would keep him if the goalie situation doesn't clear itself up.

I think I will keep Hall if he stays in Boston or goes somewhere that isn't a dumpster fire. Nylander and Meier are meh options and probably not in strong consideration.

Which guys would you keep, and what would have to happen in free agency that could change your mind? I can wait to see what happens, but the trade market will pick up with the offseason starting soon so I want to have a game plan too.
    Last edited by pmorrow; July 1, 2021 at 1:42 PM.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Keep which 6 - top 3 obvious, bottom 3 more difficult

im probably in minority here but im keeping last 3 listed....Nylander, Nedeljkovic and Meier
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

How many do I keep? 6 or do I get one more for finishing 3rd?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Prodigy

With 6 D slots, I think you need to keep Theodore. Positions make a difference here, especially that the gap between Theodore and the other options isn't big enough to justify throwing him back in the pool of players to redraft.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd probably gamble on keeping Nedeljkovic and Lehner, plus probably Theodore.
    Yahoo Limited keeper: keep up to 8 players from the preceding season, but 2 of them has to be dropped at the end of the season, decided before the start. 'Keep eligible players' from draft round 11 and later, or undrafted.
    16 team league. H2H. League cats: G A +/- PIM PPP SHP SOG FW HIT BLK; W GAA SV SV% SHO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench, 2IR
    Keepers 23/24 + cost of keeping. M Seider 2, B Tkachuk 5, D Batherson 4, D Cozens 1, W Johnston 1, F Gustavsson 1. Drafted and keep eligible: J Sanderson, T Harley, J Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

AS you mentioned... free agency is going to play a key role in your decision on those final three

Ned - If Mrazek signs elsewhere then I would strongly consider keeping him
    LEhner - If Fleury goes to Kraken - then Lehner in Vegas is a for sure keep!
    Hall- as you mentioned it largely depends on where he signs.

If I had to pick before free agency I would likely choose these options:

1) Ned
    2) Hall
    3) Theodore.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Star

I think the stable of candidates is Lehner, Hall, Theodore, and Nedeljkovic. Ideally, you'd want to see what happens to Hall, Fleury, and D. Hamilton if you could. But with the facts available now, I'd go Theodore, Nedeljkovic and Hall, with hoping that you can grab Lehner again in your draft. Lehner will be a big contributor but as we see from this playoff usage, it isn't going to be while Fleury is around.

Dobber Sports Ace

Assuming that it's William Nylander, I am keeping him and Theodore for sure. I get that Willy doesn't provide the grit, but he's a tremendous offensive talent. Finding free grit is a lot easier than finding a free Nylander.

Then.... Lehner, I think. Vegas is an elite team. Even if he is in a timeshare again next year, he'll still provide a ton of value.

My arguments against some of the other (who are also very good options, don't get me wrong):
    - Hall: Overrated. Always has been. I mean, he COULD boom if he stays in Boston, but he's more likely to busy IMHO.
    - Andersen: If he wants any chance of being a starter anywhere next year, he'll need to sign for cheap on a bottom team and try to prove himself on a one year deal.
    - Jarry: Pittsburgh isn't Vegas (Lehner), and I'm not a fan of the Jarry roller coaster. Personal preference.
    - Nedeljkovic: Needs a larger sample size before I'm taking him over Lehner and Vegas.
    - Meier: As you said, "meh".

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    How many do I keep? 6 or do I get one more for finishing 3rd?
    keep 6 for everyone but 1st place

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    Assuming that it's William Nylander, I am keeping him and Theodore for sure. I get that Willy doesn't provide the grit, but he's a tremendous offensive talent. Finding free grit is a lot easier than finding a free Nylander.
    Related to this, when is Nylander, if ever, going to be given consistent premium PP1 time? I agree that his offensive skills are superb but Toronto won't deploy him fully, which makes me not want to keep him in a keep 6.

Dobber Sports Genius

As it stands today? Nylander, Theodore and the ever unpopular Jarry. He is the only goalie out of those that is the outright starter. Could that change? If Fleury leaves then it’s Lehner. If Mrazek leaves I still take Jarry, so for me it’s either Jarry or Lehner(depending on what happens with MAF). Good luck
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Related to this, when is Nylander, if ever, going to be given consistent premium PP1 time? I agree that his offensive skills are superb but Toronto won't deploy him fully, which makes me not want to keep him in a keep 6.
    With his current deployment, I still keep him over those other options. If (when?) he consistently gets PP1, he'll hit the next level.

Dobber Sports Ace

Theodore, Nylander, Nedeljkovic
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Stud

Removing the names and just looking at your league structure - I'm definitely wanting to keep at least 1 D (preferably 2) and 2G. The only F I'm keeping are those who are really high-end. You've got 2 of those (McD, Sid).

I get that you're keeping JT (avatar) and he's right on that bubble with these cats anyways - so that's fine. Only real drag on his value is that you're keeping 3C's up front. Ideally, you'd want to move JT for a high-end guy at a different position.

As for the bottom 3, Theodore is a must-keep for me here. I really don't want to go into the re-draft without any D in a 12 team/start 6D format. Yeah he won't move the banger needle but you've got PPP & +/- and 72 Dmen starting daily in this league... 100% he's being kept on my squad.

I'm probably also keeping 2 of your Gs, though appreciate that none are screaming out as "must keeps" after this season.

That said, Lehner is for sure one of the Gs for me. Even if he does end up time-sharing with MAF again, his ratios and W's should be really strong. There's also a chance that MAF doesn't duplicate his insane season this year, and Lehner winds up taking the lion share of starts (as was predicted by most people prior to this year). The only real downside to keeping Lehner is you get another year like this one, where injuries, and a hot MAF limit his value. That's still not a terrible downside in your league setup.

For the final G, it does feel like you have to wait on that a bit. I think Ned is probably the leading candidate right now, but if Andersen signed in Carolina (or PIT) then that would directly impact your other options too.

Last "strategy" consideration:
    You know your league and your fellow GMs tendencies. If they lean towards only keeping a single G (or none) and so re-drafting them is easy, then I would only keep Lehner and use that additional spot on Meier. While I can understand wanting to keep Hall, I think Meier offers you the cat spread that best complements your current squad. It's a gamble for sure, but that's what 6th spots in a keep 6 are all about imo. If he ever returned to the form displayed a couple of years ago (and he's still young enough to do it imo), he's a gem in this format. (But again, you know your league and whether or not you'd be able to re-draft him...)

Will be curious to see what direction you go PM.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    Theodore, Nylander, Nedeljkovic
    Agree here