Thread: Contention- This team is just right? Or ready to draft a wright?

The Great One

Default Contention- This team is just right? Or ready to draft a wright?

The easier way to say it is: am i ready to compete or am I still re-building??

So its an 18 team, weekly hth league with between 5 and 10 keepers/protects each year. This year I think its 9. Goals are worth 4, asisists 3, and sogs a rather OP 1 point per. +/- counts for 1 point each way for forwards BUT 3 points either way for D (ouch!). Goalies are basically set at around 10pts per win with all the extras and maybe 3 points for a loss. We start 2C, 3W and 1 FF, then we do 4d, 1g and 1 flex d or g. So we end up with 6 total forwards locked in and 6 total d or g locked in (max 2g)

Team:

C- Seguin, Rakell, Gusev, Dube, Mikheyev, Kupari, R Mcleod
    W- Lafreniere, Fiala, Vrana Poolparty, Tippett, Duclair, Holtz, N. Robertson, Skinner
    D- Klefbom, Morrissey, Hronek, Myers,Lehtonen
    G- Raant, Melnichuk, VV (TO)
    Tradable assets-
    1-5 oa pick- Not trading- going for Walstedt
    3 OR 10 pick- tradable unless I get lucky and its the third OA I probably take a strong D and call it a day. Otherwise I can use to secure a veteran gopalie if I want to xcompete.
    Early 3rd rounder- looking for value that slipped or focusing goalies and taking Konalonoiv, Wolf, or Dostal (All available)

Option 1- Contend!

- Frirst things first I need to see where Raanta lands. If he goes somewehre where he can play 60-80% of the starts I think I have to consider going for it.
    - Second Id need to secure a veteran starter with ,my 2nd 1st rounder in the entry draft. Goalies are expensive but vetrans are dirt cheap. For example i think a MAF or a M Smith would be an easy get for a 1st (likely include secondary futures coming back)- and could easily be a 1b/2 type starter in this format. They only have to be competetive/keep me afloat so thatthe other positions can bat the homers!.
    - D is not bad but is JUST OK. And thats counting a lot on Klefbom coming back and being a servicable 45+ pont dman (if he even comes back). Morrissey will be fine, I think Hronek has more upside and slowly the teams +/- should get better which has a big impact on our dman scoring. Myers should be a place holder, maybe Lehtonen pops(??)
    - Wings are very competetive imo. Laf is basically just waiting to morph into a superstar where Fiala and Vranba should be sog heavy/goal heavy, ppg players as early as next year. Considering we only start 4 max each week its easy to rotate in whoever is hot out of Duclair, Tippett, poolp[arty, etc.
    C- Seguin is a sog heavy ppg BEAST!! Lol- Im just such a fan and think his rebound will be sick! Even if Im worng he likely has a 25g, 70 point- 250ish sog type of floor- thats money in this league. IUf I KEEP Rakell and don trade him for futures hes an enticing boom/bust s;eeper in all sog heavy format with a reasonable 55 point floor to boot.

Option 2- Concede!

- Im not an advocate of SITTIMG productive players to tank and on top of that my league is (rightfully) stirct on its punishment towards these actions. So for a legit rebuild I can KEEP some priodcutive players (Fiala, Vrana) I likely have to trade a couple to get to lottery status if Im starting my BOAs each week (Seguin, Rakell). Those are some big losses but Im looking at targetting high upside like Jack Hufghes.
    - Can look at targetting some up and coming goalies with opportunity while i wait for Walsetedt to marinate- and likewise with scoring D and forwards.
    - If I do concede that this years gone then realistically Im likely committing to the following year as well. While disenheartening as a competetive pooler it does open up lottery draft positions for both the 22 and the 23 draft which are thought to be elite/generational (both of them). This could be the riht time to go with the flow.

Thpughts/

Can this team compete or is it mustard fuel for drunk mules?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Contention- This team is just right? Or ready to draft a wright?

I think it's mustard fuel. Go find Mr. Wright!!!
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies & Hockeys View Post
    I think it's mustard fuel. Go find Mr. Wright!!!
    Lol- K- appreciate the honesty- haha!! Sny dissenting votes??

Dobber Sports Wizard

the way it is , i think you finish middle of the pack....so if you can blow it up smartly its not bad idea...but u need to get lots of youth for your top pieces or dont move them...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Ace

I play in a 16 team league, so I cannot speak to an 18 team league. To me, though, that looks like a Wright team.

For reference, can you post the roster of the team who won the most recent championship in your league?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

18 team league with those settings… that’s a bottom 5 team.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ex_factor View Post
    18 team league with those settings… that’s a bottom 5 team.
    kk so move rakell/seguin etc\?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    kk so move rakell/seguin etc\?
    Yup! Just make sure you shop them around a bunch first to make sure you choose the best offer.