Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: Eichel landing spot

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Eichel landing spot

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxX View Post
    I am curious to see if he partakes in the Olympics, I am betting thats his own target date to be fully ready.
    My guess is he's named to the team, but doesn't end up going. A la Stamkos in 2014 with his blood clots.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    I do. Believe it or not, we're out here. The Buffalo fanbase it deeply frustrated, but loyal. If there's one benefit of being a Buffalo sports fan, that's it -- a fraternity bonded by long periods of suffering makes it easy to spot the fair-weather johnny-come-latelys when things actually start going well (such as Sabres circa 1999, 2005, '06, '07; and Bills current day).
    no offense meant (not that I think you were offended). It was more a tongue-in-cheek comment that if a large market team tried to pull this crap with their star player, and then traded that star player for a shit return, there would be riots. Buffalo is "lucky" (not really the correct choice of words here) that they can get away with this BS given their market. It is truly unfortunate for their fans.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    no offense meant (not that I think you were offended). It was more a tongue-in-cheek comment that if a large market team tried to pull this crap with their star player, and then traded that star player for a shit return, there would be riots. Buffalo is "lucky" (not really the correct choice of words here) that they can get away with this BS given their market. It is truly unfortunate for their fans.
    Yep, no offense taken. More just shooting a flare into the sky to signal that we're still out here somewhere. LOL.

Anecdotally, I was back in Buffalo over the weekend and was astounded by the number of conversations about the Sabres I overheard in passing while out and about in stores, at the Bills game, at restaurants, etc. They're not putting butts in the seats right now (and rightly so). But it's more of a long overdue protest/message of sorts to ownership, and actually a fairly radical one at that, given how long the Sabres continued to crush ticket sales in a largely blue-collar town despite icing a consistently mediocre to poor product. But the fans still digest anything they can about the Sabres, follow and talk about their young guys and prospects, are staying up to watch their games on a West coast swing, etc.

So at the same time they're right infuriated at the ownership/management team at the moment, there's almost a child-like sense of optimism that continues among the fanbase.
    Pretty inspiring and endearing given the gong show that's gone on there the last several seasons. Reminds me of the when I was a kid and still obsessed with the team through some really lean years in the 80s.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I find it very unlikely that a team acquiring Eichel would be ok with his first games being at the Olympics.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I find it very unlikely that a team acquiring Eichel would be ok with his first games being at the Olympics.
    I find it a leap that USA would include him on the roster, let alone include him and his new team OK-ing it.

Dobber Sports Novice

You may very well be correct. I am more so saying that is the time frame I am guessing that he's back healthy, be it in an NHL sweater or Olympics.
    February / March. Perhaps right after the Olympic break is over he makes his debut as the newest Calgary Flame.

Dobber Sports Jedi

The way participation is structured can the team restrict 'just Eichel' from going?
    That would lead to a grievance from the NHLPA whether his its his 1st game after surgery/treatment/recovery or 20th.
    'sorry, you haven't played for us yet so we can't okay your participation'

^ He demanded a trade over similar treatment over his preferred medical treatment. I don't see the new team going down that road.

If he's healthy, he will play.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Olympics could provide him a chance to get up to his game speed.

Olympics less injury risk than AHL? (Idk how true that statement is).

About timing though.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    The way participation is structured can the team restrict 'just Eichel' from going?
    That would lead to a grievance from the NHLPA whether his its his 1st game after surgery/treatment/recovery or 20th.
    'sorry, you haven't played for us yet so we can't okay your participation'

^ He demanded a trade over similar treatment over his preferred medical treatment. I don't see the new team going down that road.

If he's healthy, he will play.
    Good question that I unfortunately don't know the answer to. But I will say that if that's the timeline that holds and the situation comes to pass that Eichel demands to go to the Olympics without first coming back to his new team and proving his health, well that'd be a MAJOR strike against him from the new team's perspective in my opinion.

Given the situation he's currently in, IF he's traded in time AND he's given the new team's blessing to get the surgery he wants to get healthy, he really ought to count his blessings and do everything in his power to get on with his career and show some gratitude to his new organization. Imagine what it would say if he then files a grievance against his new team because it would rather him not unnecessarily expose himself to further aggravation/injury on the international stage at the very outset of his return before playing any meaningful games for the new team.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Good question that I unfortunately don't know the answer to. But I will say that if that's the timeline that holds and the situation comes to pass that Eichel demands to go to the Olympics without first coming back to his new team and proving his health, well that'd be a MAJOR strike against him from the new team's perspective in my opinion.

Given the situation he's currently in, IF he's traded in time AND he's given the new team's blessing to get the surgery he wants to get healthy, he really ought to count his blessings and do everything in his power to get on with his career and show some gratitude to his new organization. Imagine what it would say if he then files a grievance against his new team because it would rather him not unnecessarily expose himself to further aggravation/injury on the international stage at the very outset of his return before playing any meaningful games for the new team.
    if his 1st game is in the Olympics it will be purely timing, not scheming.
    I would imagine his team would need to clear him medically to play first.
    Both team and player should be acting in good faith of each other.

I haven't seen anything that notes specific time frames on recovery time needed for his preferred surgery.
    Maybe he's back before, during, after? I have no idea.
    it's really just pure speculations & kinda creating a mountain out of sand at this point

What should be more important is what Buffalo is doing here.
    If either Cgy or Vegas are really close to landing Eichel and they've both agreed to the procedure he prefers.
    Buffalo could help their asking price by approving this procedure as well and allowing Eichel to have the surgery NOW vs. in two weeks after a deal is completed.

Just move forward.
    They're trading him, there's nothing left to prove.
    If it helps get the return they want/need just let him do it.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I find it a leap that USA would include him on the roster, let alone include him and his new team OK-ing it.
    i mean is playing vs China in the group stage all that strenuous?
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    i mean is playing vs China in the group stage all that strenuous?
    If I'm the new team and I am able to, I would say you're staying in NA. 1, COVID is still a thing, and 2, Tavares incident in 2014 scares the crap out of me. If I can, I'm telling him stay here and rehab with my AHL team. I just invested a ton into Eichel, I want him under my watch and medical team. Just me personally tho, the Owner/GM might want to look like the cool new dad and let him do whatever he wants to win him over.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    If I'm the new team and I am able to, I would say you're staying in NA. 1, COVID is still a thing, and 2, Tavares incident in 2014 scares the crap out of me. If I can, I'm telling him stay here and rehab with my AHL team. I just invested a ton into Eichel, I want him under my watch and medical team. Just me personally tho, the Owner/GM might want to look like the cool new dad and let him do whatever he wants to win him over.
    Why wouldn't USA include one of the best 3 players in their country - injured or not. if they don't include him and he's healthy - he can't go.
    This allows them to take him if he can play - which USA would clearly want to increase their chances of winning

USA Olympic team doesn't care what the NHL GM prefers. it's about Gold, not the Stanley Cup.

Dobber Sports Titan

Why wouldn't USA include one of the best 3 players in their country - injured or not. if they don't include him and he's healthy - he can't go.
    This allows them to take him if he can play - which USA would clearly want to increase their chances of winning

USA Olympic team doesn't care what the NHL GM prefers. it's about Gold, not the Stanley Cup.
    I said I think Eichel would be included in the roster, but last minute not go due to injury if he's not been playing in the NHL prior to the Olympics A La Stamkos in 2014 with his blood clots.

If Eichel is healthy he'll be on the roster and playing.

If Eichel has had the surgery he'll be on the roster. But the playing aspect would be determined closer to the Olympics.

If I'm the owner and he hasn't played a game yet for my team, I would say he's not medically cleared yet. Thus on the roster, but unable to participate in the Olympics due to injury.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think a few of us are talking past each other by looking at this from different perspectives, all of which make sense from that person's/entity's perspective.

Your point make sense from a USA hockey point of view. But the NHL team's view is likely (and, in my opinion, understandably) as 2014olympicgold says. And if that's the case, I'd really hope that Eichel would take that into account as he tries to get healthy from a signifiant injury and move on into the next phase of his career. It's always in his power to tell USA hockey "I appreciate the invitation, but no thanks -- I'm coming back from a signifiant injury and surgery and need to focus on getting healthy this year. I hope I'll be in a better position to join the effort in 4 years."