Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Eichel landing spot

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Eichel landing spot

https://mobile.twitter.com/LLysowski...030148/photo/1

message from the eichel camp. Still quite the disconnect between him and the sabres
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Master

come on james dolan , make your move

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/LLysowski...030148/photo/1

message from the eichel camp. Still quite the disconnect between him and the sabres
    That message probably doesn't really help anyone involved. They're clearly not going to force a Buffalo's hand. And now teams are even more aware how bad they have to get rid of him.

Dobber Sports Sage

31 Thoughts had an interview with the Eichel’s surgeon. It’s very informative and he sounds very convincing in support for Eichel having the disc replacement surgery. If Buffalo’s only reason to refuse the surgery is because no one in the NHL has had it before then they need to look a little deeper. Eichel’s preference seems very reasonable and makes sense. If there was more of a case for the spinal fusion surgery, I’d like to hear it.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Hockeyrobot is 100% correct. This is stupid on the agent’s part. We get it Jack, you want out. We get it. But if you’re GM has a high ask you’ve just made certain no team is going to meet it and the cycle continues. If I’m the Sabres I’m now perfectly happy letting your career sit for a bit because you’re weakening our position and acting like an entitled jerk.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Hockeyrobot is 100% correct. This is stupid on the agent’s part. We get it Jack, you want out. We get it. But if you’re GM has a high ask you’ve just made certain no team is going to meet it and the cycle continues. If I’m the Sabres I’m now perfectly happy letting your career sit for a bit because you’re weakening our position and acting like an entitled jerk.
    he may sound entitled in some respects, but considering the team is not responded to Eichel's camp at all, and there is a timeline to get the surgery done in order to save the upcoming season, I get the rationale for releasing the statement.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Listening to that interview was so informative.

Pretty obvious that

1) Eichel is absolutely in the right here and acting exactly as he should be.

2) Buffalo, like every other NHL team, is acting with absolutely no morals and has no interest in Eichel’s long term health.

3) I hope Eichel chooses to retire and gets the proper surgery for his long term health over caving to Buffalo’s antiquated medical team.

Dobber Sports Star

id agree with the skepticism if eichel was healthy but he is not. this is significant surgery and his day to day life and/or ability to train is a detriment the longer this goes.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Stud

So as time passes, the value/price for Eichel keeps dropping. First, waiting until after the FA frenzy means fewer teams have cap space. Second, asking for four assets - yeah, that’s over. Buffalo can’t afford to keep him on LTIR - the fan base would revolt. So, which of these work?

1) Jake Guentzel + 2nd-round picks in 2022 and 2023, that each become 1st rounders when Eichel plays 60 games or one playoff round. BUF retains $3million.

2) Sean Monahan + Mikael Backlund + 2023 1st round pick

3) Nico Hischier + Alexander Holtz + PK Subban + 2022 2nd round, which becomes 1st (same conditions as for PIT).

Clearly more fun to think about than reality…. but SOMETHING has to give, and Adams needs to be fired if he blows this more than he’s already done.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    So as time passes, the value/price for Eichel keeps dropping. First, waiting until after the FA frenzy means fewer teams have cap space. Second, asking for four assets - yeah, that’s over. Buffalo can’t afford to keep him on LTIR - the fan base would revolt. So, which of these work?

1) Jake Guentzel + 2nd-round picks in 2022 and 2023, that each become 1st rounders when Eichel plays 60 games or one playoff round. BUF retains $3million.

2) Sean Monahan + Mikael Backlund + 2023 1st round pick

3) Nico Hischier + Alexander Holtz + PK Subban + 2022 2nd round, which becomes 1st (same conditions as for PIT).

Clearly more fun to think about than reality…. but SOMETHING has to give, and Adams needs to be fired if he blows this more than he’s already done.
    Dobber had some good thoughts about the situation in the ramblings this morning too. Something has to give
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think his value is dropping, or the price, and thats why he hasn't been traded yet. Lets be honest, as unhappy as Eichel's camp probably is, Adams doesn't have to do anything here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

I wouldnt mind one of those synthetic discs in my lower back

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I see Eichel's agent's statement like this - Jack Eichel's surgery will be successful, he'll be a productive player and he won't miss any games this season if you trade for him and let him get the surgery now.

I see the drawbacks to the statement Dobber and others have mentioned, but overall this was intended to move things along and reassure potential trading partners that they can pay up and get a healthy, productive asset.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rangersfury View Post
    I see Eichel's agent's statement like this - Jack Eichel's surgery will be successful, he'll be a productive player and he won't miss any games this season if you trade for him and let him get the surgery now.

I see the drawbacks to the statement Dobber and others have mentioned, but overall this was intended to move things along and reassure potential trading partners that they can pay up and get a healthy, productive asset.
    I have no doubt that Adams was ready to trade him at any given point as long as he could get his asking price. I can only assume (I am not a NHL GM so I cant say anything for certain) that GMs are trying to lowball Adams, or at least get Eichel at a discount and Adams isn't havent any of that.

None of us truly know his asking price, we only know what the media sends out as a possible asking price, but whatever it is, it sounds like he's going to be firm on it, and I cant blame him. I would be too if I was in his shoes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

From some of the things Larry Brooks had said about the Rangers possibly trading for Eichel it sounds like Buffalo isn't sharing any (or much) medical information with potential trade partners. I don't see them getting anything near what they seem to be asking if they're withholding that kind of info.