Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28

Thread: Eichel landing spot

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Eichel landing spot

Krebs, 1st, 1st, 2nd, _____, _____ ?
    Plus, I'm guessing some real $$$ from the roster?
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Krebs, 1st, 1st, 2nd, _____, _____ ?
    Plus, I'm guessing some real $$$ from the roster?
    Krebs has been the holding point for Vegas since day one. Buffalo wants him in a deal and Vegas is reluctant to give him up (if you believe the rumours out there).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Bennett, Puljujarvi, JSchwartz, Mittelstadt KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Hayton, Vrana

G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Sorokin

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Interesting. I wasn't aware of this. Where did you read this at?
    I just caught this now... hmm where did I get that - good question!
    I don't remember, so I'd have to try to find one.
    The Team **CHAMPIONS**
    LW(3)- C(3)- RW(3)- D(4)- G(2)- Bench(4)- IR-

1 Year Point League 11 Teams *Two Year Champion Streak*
    Player- (G)-3 (A)-2 (+/-)-1 (PPP)-1 (SHP)-2 (GWG)-1 (FW)-0.02 (HITS)-0.1 (BLOCKS)-0.2 (SHOTS)-0.05
    Goalie- (W)-4 (GA)- -1 (SV)-0.1 (SHO)-3

Dobber Sports Samurai

FWIW, if the artificial disc surgery fails immediately they either try another disc or do the fusion.

If the artificial disc fails over time, they just replace the worn out disc, this replacement is unlikely to have any complications (IE, it's already worked so will work again).

If the fusion fails immediately, they have to do another bigger fusion. That's the only option.

If the fusion fails later, they have to do another bigger fusion.

Given Eichel's age and expected career length, if he gets the artificial disc it is likely he will have to get another disc replacement at some time, although that may happen after his career ends. The rest of his spine will be largely unaffected. There is an option where the neck and disc is not strong enough to handle NHL hockey, but that is unlikely, and his long term career health is unlikely to be affected.

Given Eichel's age and expected career length, if he gets the fusion surgery it's likely he will have to have further fusion surgeries in the future. At least one will likely come before his career ends. There is a reasonable chance that by old age >50% of his spine will be fused together. In the immediate term, he will have less mobility in his neck which ~could~ immediately impact his on-ice abilities. He may never be the player he was pre-surgery.

Given the numerous well-documented mis-steps made by the Buffalo medical team shared by a number of players, I'm not sure we would have any reason to really trust their expertise.