Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Eichel landing spot

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Eichel landing spot

From a purely selfish fantasy aspect here, the Rangers have to be the best spot for him to end up right? Second i'd prob have to say Minn

LeBrun notes that the Sabres will be expecting to receive a 2021 first-round pick as part of their return for Eichel, putting the timeline for a deal ahead of the July 23 NHL Draft. He lists the Los Angeles Kings, Minnesota Wild, Anaheim Ducks, Columbus Blue Jackets, Philadelphia Flyers and New York Rangers among the many clubs that could make sense as a landing spot.
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Eichel landing spot

I have no idea what it's gonna cost for a team to get Eichel because I have no idea how many teams can actually acquire him.

2021 1st (NY 15th overall) (LAK 8th Overall)
    2022 1st
    Prospect (NY Kravtsov) (LAK Kaliyev)
    NHL player (NY DeAngelo+) (LAK Kempe)

Is that enough? I have no idea. Would LAK want another 10mill player on their roster with Kopitar/Doughty there? I dunno.

Would be interesting to see the final results of the trade and how healthy Eichel actually is moving forward.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yep the uncertainty is pretty evident since I can't really recall the last time a player of this stature has been on the block.

I think it's a two horse race between NYR and LAK though. They have the pieces to push anyone else out.....if they want.

Dobber Sports All-Star

What ever they get is going to be HUGE.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd personally like to see Columbus make the push to grab him. Top line with him and Laine I feel would rival that of Matthews and Marner. Plus Columbus has no crazy long term contracts that tie-up their CAP, and he would be a great player to build around and attract other players to stay. They could likely make a package around Domi, Brojkstrand, Roslovic and a prospect and 1st rounder to get the deal done. Maybe I'm being unrealistic though.

He would do good in NY for sure, but I really don't think it makes sense for them unless they are unhappy with Kakko's development and skeptical if Lafreniere can take the next step. As a deal with the Rangers I would assume would be something like Strome, Lafreniere, Kakko, and a 1st rounder. Buchnevich needs to get paid, and Zibenajad will need a raise in 2 years as well. With Eichels contract, yes NY can make it work, but I personally feel like it would hamstring them long term.

Philly has the assets to make a move on him. And Philly's center pipeline has holes with Nolan's issues. Downside for Philly though, they have way too much wasted CAP in players like JVR, Hayes, Voracek... and then have Couturier who will need a raise soon enough. If Philly makes the move, I don't see them being successful with all of the other issues they already have.

Minnesota only makes sense if they are able to lose 1 or 2 of the Salaries of Parise, Suter and/or Spurgeon. Kaprizov is getting a raise, and so is Fiala. Until 2 of them go via trade, retirement or expansion (which they likely won't), MIN will be stuck to really 'go for it'.

Just my two cents on it all.
    12 Team - Dynasty H2H Category
    Skaters CAT: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    Goalies CAT: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Roster: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, Util, 2G, 5BN, 3IR

C: Crosby, Stuetzle, RNH, Couturier
    LW: Ovechkin, Guentzel, Toffoli, Knies
    RW: Fiala, Perron, DeBrusk, Zuccarello
    D: Seider, Hronek, Pietrangelo, Heiskanen, McAvoy, Chychrun
    Util: Ekholm
    G: Vanecek, Gustavsson, UPL, Lyon, Forsburg
    Blue = Bench / Red = IR
    (Also in 2x 1-yr leagues but they aren't important)

Dobber Sports Ace

not sure if Eichel gets a say in the matter, but I can't imagine he'd want to go to CLB. Just the system itself isn't likely going to change much even with Torts gone. So he goes there and plays 17 min a night in a defense oriented system? Yuck, fantasy yuck!
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Eichel does not get a say, his NMC won't kick in until next offseason I believe.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Eichel does not get a say, his NMC won't kick in until next offseason I believe.
    2022-23 season it kicks in.

But if you are trading as much as Eichel would garner, I'd be asking him directly if he wants to play in my city. With the surgery possibility, he could be out long term, and as a team acquiring him could only get 1 season (and could be shortened with recovery time) of Eichel before he demands a trade when that NMC kicks in.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I see Eichel landing with the Rangers only after they push past Ryan Strome/Zibanajed.
    I'm not sure if "next season" is here yet. Is it?

Teams are allowed to extend players in their final contract year.
    Both Strome and Zibanajed are UFAs in 2022 summer.
    Personally, I think those guys both work incredibly well with NYR.
    But... of course... it depends on the cap number that they want.

If Strome wants $7m... and Ziba wants $9m....
    Then yeah... perhaps trading for Eichel's term makes good sense for NYR.

But I don't think we'll see that trade prior to next season opening.
    Or... at least... perhaps NYR GM already knows where it stands with Strome/Ziba... and chasing Eichel has already been determined.

Boston - for me, is better landing spot.
    C2 Krejci is UFA at age 35. Hall was a nice player, but a bonafide C2 is better option, IMO.
    If Rask doesn't re-sign, then BOS could go Swayman/Vladar (two rookies VERY UNLIKELY) to free up a TON of cap space.
    And Boston could move a guy like Coyle/Jack Studnicka/Ahcan/1st... or even move Vladar or Swayman if more is requested.

Bergeron, especially, is year-to-year (he says... apparently)...
    So having Eichel to shift into that C1 with Marchand-Pastrnak would be an incredibly smart move, IMO, by Boston... if they can pull it off.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I have no idea what it's gonna cost for a team to get Eichel because I have no idea how many teams can actually acquire him.

2021 1st (NY 15th overall) (LAK 8th Overall)
    2022 1st
    Prospect (NY Kravtsov) (LAK Kaliyev)
    NHL player (NY DeAngelo+) (LAK Kempe)

Is that enough? I have no idea. Would LAK want another 10mill player on their roster with Kopitar/Doughty there? I dunno.

Would be interesting to see the final results of the trade and how healthy Eichel actually is moving forward.
    this is Buffalo we talking about so who knows however if i was a GM Deangelo would be last person in NHL i would want to bring into toxic situation like Buffalo....not a good formula...

from the skill point of you i think you be more looking at Kakko...maybe Lundkvist if they want a D....maybe Miller.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Genius

Rangers have the pieces to get it done but just taking a stab in the dark. For ghits and siggles I will say Florida.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Much like Elliott Friedmann speculates - I think Florida goes after Laine.
    If they can pair up Barkov-Laine... and they enjoy that, it gives Florida a better chance to re-sign Barkov when he hits UFA.
    And Florida is a much more attractive team to "sell" (for those that believe that!) if they have some star players on roster.

So... they could go after Eichel... but I think Laine is a more-efficient-play for FLA.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't see Eichel on Broadway for the simple reason that I don't believe the Rangers aren't going to Toronto themselves into cap hell by allocating 45%+ of the cap to four players (wishful thinking, knocking on every piece of wood in my house right now...). You've already got Panarin at 11.6, Trouba at 8. Zibanejad is going to come in at a minimum of 8.5. Kreider is at 6.5 and Strome at 4.5 and Buchnevich will likely fall somewhere between those two. Everyone from Fox to Lafreniere to Kakko to Chytil to Shesterkin and on will need raises from their ELCs in the next 2-3 years. The only way an Eichel trades works is one of the following:

Zibanejad is shipped out / not resigned. This move is, given actual on ice performance, at best a wash.
    At least one of Kreider/Strome/Buch/Trouba is central to the trade to balance the cap. Plausible, but why would BUF want those guys given where they are in the rebuild, except to flip them?
    If BUF takes one or more of the previously mentioned contracts, they'll need more of the youths on ELCs included in the trade. So how many of those guys (which to be clear, the Rangers can not play all of them) get shipped out? Two? Three?

So to spitball some fantasy/fan take on some of these scenarios and the real-life considerations look like this:

Zibanejad + 2021 1st for Eichel. Fans/Fantasy managers go for this, real life GMs see the pick going the other way, to pay for cap space. Deal makes no sense for BUF with Z being an pending UFA, so it doesn't happen.

Two of Kreider/Strome/Buch/Trouba + one of Chytil/Barron/Jones/Lundkvist + 2021 1st. Unlikely but possible from the NYR perspective, especially if they have a line on filling out the roster with playoff-gritty players elsewhere. But if the mandate is playoffs or bust, why gut the veteran core? You need those guys. And to my previous point, why would BUF want veterans?

One of Kreider/Strome/Buch + two of Laf/Kakko/Chytil/Barron/Jones/Lundkvist + 2021 1st - Plausible. Fans/Fantasy managers expect Laf/Kakko to be one of the two prospects, with the second being one of the other four mentioned. Probably more appealing from BUF perspective of a rebuild, but less so from the NYR view due to the cap considerations. That Eichel cap hit also ties the GM's hands to mold the NYR into a more playoff ready squad through other moves.

I think in the end that while the Rangers, in theory, can pony up the most to get Eichel, they are also in one of the trickier cap situations to make the trade work past year 1. My gut says he ends up in CLB, LA, or MIN with PHI as a dark horse.

Dobber Sports Deity

Here's what Bader thinks it's going to cost to get Eichel. If you click on the Twitter link below, he goes through most teams and if they have or don't have what it takes to make a deal happen.

https://twitter.com/ByronMBader/stat...768163840?s=19

The Jack Eichel trade is going to be big. It will likely include at least a significant roster player, an A-level prospect and a 2021 1st round pick. There are 10 teams that should have no chance of landing Eichel because they lack one or more of these crucial three components:
    My personal opinion, and I think there's another thread on the forums where this discussion was already going on, but I see CBJ as a team that will push hard for him. They really need a top center and have the pieces it would take to make it happen. They have a quality goalie they could send, they have multiple 1st round picks and they have quality prospects like Marchenko, Chinakhov, Foudy to name a few. They could also look at a deal around Seth Jones, who apparently they are considering trading.

To me, the Jackets are in a prime position to make a serious run at Eichel.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Buffalo will try to move Eichel out west too, but that's if there's a tie in trade value I think.