Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Eichel landing spot

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Eichel landing spot

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    so, assuming the arbitrator sides with buffalo and forces eichel to get this surgery. if it goes wrong or ends his career or something, does he have the ability to seek damages?
    I have no idea how that would work really. I would think it would be like any player who has had surgery that has messed them up, but I can't think of another player like that. As a player doesn't lose money on their contract because of injury, I can't see a player having a strong case to seek damages due to possible loss income in the future. As a team could just say "who knows if you would get a deal anyways". But I don't think there's been a player that would seek to go this route anyways. Like most players who end their careers due to injuries are older, and that's not because of a messed up surgery.

I don't think anyone can really say for sure on this question. But I don't think Eichel would win that case if he decides to attack it even.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    so, assuming the arbitrator sides with buffalo and forces eichel to get this surgery. if it goes wrong or ends his career or something, does he have the ability to seek damages?
    Damned if I know, I am not a lawyer. I just know the team has the final say on medical procedures players will undergo as per the latest CBA.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

And it’s quite obvious, regardless of what an arbiter says, he’s still not getting a surgery he doesn’t want. No one can use the law to force him to have a surgical procedure done that he doesn’t want done.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    And it’s quite obvious, regardless of what an arbiter says, he’s still not getting a surgery he doesn’t want. No one can use the law to force him to have a surgical procedure done that he doesn’t want done.
    You're right, but he does have a legal contract with the Buffalo Sabres. And here we stand, and have been standing for some time.

Eichel is going to have to make a decision. Does he want to play hockey in the NHL or does he want to get the surgery he wants because right now, it's not looking like he can have both. Until another team is going to pay Buffalo's price to trade for him and let Eichel choose his surgery, he's property of the Buffalo Sabres and they hold the cards.

It's not like Buffalo wants to do something to him that is harmful. He is their prized piece and they want him back playing at full capacity. There's no guarantee that either surgery won't be successful or harmful.

I guess if Eichel wants his surgery choice, maybe he should just retire and void his contract and give up his career (and $10M/season) in the NHL. FYI, Buffalo would still hold his right if he did this until he is 35 years old (if I remember Freidman saying this on his last 32 Thoughts podcast).

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You're right, but he does have a legal contract with the Buffalo Sabres. And here we stand, and have been standing for some time.

Eichel is going to have to make a decision. Does he want to play hockey in the NHL or does he want to get the surgery he wants because right now, it's not looking like he can have both. Until another team is going to pay Buffalo's price to trade for him and let Eichel choose his surgery, he's property of the Buffalo Sabres and they hold the cards.

It's not like Buffalo wants to do something to him that is harmful. He is their prized piece and they want him back playing at full capacity. There's no guarantee that either surgery won't be successful or harmful.

I guess if Eichel wants his surgery choice, maybe he should just retire and void his contract and give up his career (and $10M/season) in the NHL. FYI, Buffalo would still hold his right if he did this until he is 35 years old (if I remember Freidman saying this on his last 32 Thoughts podcast).
    sounds like this is a easy obstacle to overcome, jeesh
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Initiate

What's sad for fans, is that the Buffalo Sabres are holding a superstar out of the game. I'm sure the other team owner are not happy about that.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    What's sad for fans, is that the Buffalo Sabres are holding a superstar out of the game. I'm sure the other team owner are not happy about that.
    I don't know about this as an argument. As I'm sure owners/GMs are probably mad that Eichel is doing this because it gives the idea to other players. And if I'm a blood thirsty owner (most are), I see Eichel as an issue because I can't control players like I used to (as bad as that sounds).

If McDavid needs surgery for whatever reason, and he sees something else...McDavid now knows he has a different route than just accepting a surgery he doesn't want. At least that's one angle I see.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    Why is this on the Sabres and not on Eichel? Eichel knows what's written in the CBA as far as his footing goes when it comes to surgery. If anything, Eichel is just as much to blame. The Sabres have done everything by the book as it's written and agreed upon.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i dont think they can force surgery, what they can do is give him a choice...they maybe able to push it to the point where he needs to get surgery they want or his contract could be terminated..but they cant just make him go under the knife...

i also dont think they would go with that as it would make Eichel a FA and they would get no assets....or would they still hold rights?
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i dont think they can force surgery, what they can do is give him a choice...they maybe able to push it to the point where he needs to get surgery they want or his contract could be terminated..but they cant just make him go under the knife...

i also dont think they would go with that as it would make Eichel a FA and they would get no assets....or would they still hold rights?
    I dont know the legal ramifications but the Sabres are not going to cut bait for free with him. Im curious if they cannot suspend him without pay for not following the CBA agreement?

Dobber Sports Wizard

I dont know the legal ramifications but the Sabres are not going to cut bait for free with him. Im curious if they cannot suspend him without pay for not following the CBA agreement?
    Above my paygrade to know, but i would think if there was something legally they can do they would have done it while back?
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Titan

I would assume this would be the course. With no signing bonus this yr, and his salary being $10mill I would think they would suspend him without pay. With next yr, his signing bonus is 7.5mill, and a base salary of 2.5mill would lead me to think he'll get traded before that July1st date so the Sabres avoid the signing bonus.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I would assume this would be the course. With no signing bonus this yr, and his salary being $10mill I would think they would suspend him without pay. With next yr, his signing bonus is 7.5mill, and a base salary of 2.5mill would lead me to think he'll get traded before that July1st date so the Sabres avoid the signing bonus.
    I believe his NMC kicks in July 1st too.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Eichel is following the CBA agreement. He is currently unfit to play and requires surgery. Eichel declining the Sabres' preferred surgery is within his rights under the CBA just as much as the Sabres denying Eichel permission to the surgery he prefers is.

Dobber Sports Titan

I believe his NMC kicks in July 1st too.
    Ya, But I can't really see the NMC being a massive issue with Eichel. I think he just wants out. He might reject moves to Arizona, Detroit, CBJ maybe. But to the teams that seem "in it" seem to be good destinations.