Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Eichel landing spot

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Eichel landing spot

Lol that's one way to tank for Wright and Bedard
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Im Not sure what to do with Eichel , im in win now mode (team in Sig) and have an offer around Ehlers on the table with some crumbs attached ( Kunin , Pinto and a 2nd) ... would you take it or hold... Eichels on a 5yr contract at 10M , ehlers is 4 yrs at 6M
    "Recently Acquired Last Place Team"
    15 Teams H2H Dynasty, 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2 Sktr, 2G, 11Bench ... 30 Minors

Skaters: G/A/PIM/SoG/STP/H/B/
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV%/SHO

C: R.Thomas, M.Frost, A.Lundell
    LW: S.Jarvis, Chinakhov, A.Holtz
    RW: A.Lafreniere, K.Marchenko, B.Brink
    D: Z.Werenski , B.Byram, J.Sanderson, J.J.Moser, B.Schneider, E.Zamula
    G: L.Dostal, J.Hofer, I.Prosvetov

Bench: J.Greenway, C.Glass, P.Suter, B.Wheeler, P.Holmberg, J.Drury, K.Hayes, M.Domi, T.DeAngelo, C.Timmins, M.Pospisil

Picks 2024: 4/1st's , 2/2nd's , 4/3rds
    2025: 3/1st's, 3/3rd's

Dobber Sports Titan

Good news...Disc replacement surgery (what Eichel wants) is an 8 week recovery. Likely another 4-8week rehab? What I've read is that long term it's the better solution than disc fusion surgery (what Buffalo wants). So if/when this gets resolved Eichel will be on a better team, likely healthy, and a high drive to play.

Unless my team improves greatly, I'm not moving Eichel yet. I might use him in one league as a trade deadline move though.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Good news...Disc replacement surgery (what Eichel wants) is an 8 week recovery. Likely another 4-8week rehab? What I've read is that long term it's the better solution than disc fusion surgery (what Buffalo wants). So if/when this gets resolved Eichel will be on a better team, likely healthy, and a high drive to play.

Unless my team improves greatly, I'm not moving Eichel yet. I might use him in one league as a trade deadline move though.
    The rehab would be part of the original 8 weeks.

I’ve done a lot of research into this for myself, would fly to Germany and it’s big $$$ so it hasn’t happened yet. The implants are so stable though that even after a multi- level lumbar disk replacement the patient will be doing physio the next day and return home after 2 weeks.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    The rehab would be part of the original 8 weeks.

I’ve done a lot of research into this for myself, would fly to Germany and it’s big $$$ so it hasn’t happened yet. The implants are so stable though that even after a multi- level lumbar disk replacement the patient will be doing physio the next day and return home after 2 weeks.
    I have always thought the reason for not allowing him to get the surgery was dollars and slightly his future. But the dollars was more of a factor in my eyes

Dobber Sports Genius

I have always thought the reason for not allowing him to get the surgery was dollars and slightly his future. But the dollars was more of a factor in my eyes
    It seems to be more a matter of control to me than anything else. The difference in cost for an organization like this would be negligible while the risk would be the same at the time of surgery and higher long term with a fusion but the Pegulas would've moved on long before then and wouldn't care about it at that point.

For them to disallow it because it hasn't been performed on an NHLer before is ridiculous. There are many surgeries that used to be career threatening that are completely routine at this point. Someone has to be the first and this procedure has been performed with very high success rates in Europe for decades at this point.

I expect this whole thing to keep dragging out for quite a long time. Eichel won't fold to the Sabres and other teams who are fine with the procedure won't pay the full asking price either.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If we never did surgeries because “they haven’t been done before” tearing your ACL would be career ending still. It’s absolutely moronic

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm pretty sure Buffalo still isn't releasing his medical records. Which is so weird to me if you're legit wanting to move on from him.

Unless the medical records show something really bad for the team, or damaging for Eichel's long term health? Nah I'm thinking too much about this, it's Buffalo, they're just bad.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don't see how hiding the medical records helps them if it shows something bad.

Buffalo: "Give decent offer to show us you're for real and we'll give you the records."

Other team: "Ok, here's what the offer might be"

Bufflo: *Passes records*

Other team: "Damn, he's all kinds of ****ed up. No way we make that trade."

Buffalo: "But... but.. We made to give us an offer that is in no way enforcable without medical clearance! How could this beeee!??!"
    16 Team, H2H Dynasty Cap 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G, 3B, 10 Minor - Scoring G / A / P / PPP / SOG / Hit / Blk / TOISH - W / GAA / SV / SV%
    Forwards: Gaudreau, Barzal, Beniers, Raymond, Trocheck, Byfield, Quinn, Couturier, Chytil, Crouse, Farabee, Rasmussen, Podkolzin, Monahan, Killorn
    Defence: Sergachev, McAvoy, Sanderson, Hronek, McCabe, Broberg
    Goalie: Demko, Merzlikins, Schmid
    F Minors: McTavish, Eklund, Sillinger, Nazar, Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Ostlund
    D Minors: Edvinsson
    G Minors: Askarov, Cossa
    Picks: 2023 1.01, 1.14

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Trubittisky View Post
    I don't see how hiding the medical records helps them if it shows something bad.

Buffalo: "Give decent offer to show us you're for real and we'll give you the records."

Other team: "Ok, here's what the offer might be"

Bufflo: *Passes records*

Other team: "Damn, he's all kinds of ****ed up. No way we make that trade."

Buffalo: "But... but.. We made to give us an offer that is in no way enforcable without medical clearance! How could this beeee!??!"
    Fan service. If it gets out that Eichel was pushed into playing with the injury for a month without real medical attention, it could effect them that way? Plus could effect players wanting to stay/come to Buffalo.

Pure hypothesizing here tho.

Dobber Sports Ace

A few days ago, Nick Kypreos of Line Movement tweeted that Eichel had made it clear he would go anywhere, though he doesn’t have control over that anyway. His no-movement clause does not come into play until the fifth year of his contract. Kypreos added that at least one of the interested teams would want the Sabres to add conditions to any draft picks involved, based on his games played and scoring totals after surgery.
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Ace

Sounds like Buffalo is now sharing his medical records to interested parties

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-nhlpa-jack-ei...bres-1.1700798

But an interesting twist as well is that teams with trade interest in Jack Eichel are being given the medical information as it’s collected, so the process is moving along."
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

D:
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Sage

So will Eichel receive his salary? He’s refusing the surgery suggested by team doctors and Eichel hasn’t filed a grievance or the arbitration- whatever that process is.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

Apparently Sabres haven't released the medical records.

And Eichel is really worried the Sabres won't allow Eichel to get his surgery, won't be able to move him/aren't seriously entertaining the idea of it and he's going to have a lost season. And they might suspend Eichel and that would result in loss pay.

Right when it looked like the Sabres were moving into the right direction of releasing the medical records...they fumble that.

Crosby actually went through kind of the same thing with his concussions. He ended up getting nowhere with the Penguins medical staff and requested he find his own way for help and they agreed. He ended up fixing his post-concussion issues with chiropractic work. I do think Crosby had to sign some waiver saying if it somehow made the situation worse he'd forfeit his contract and the Penguins would be off the hook. Could be a situation the Sabres are able to do, but I have little faith that organization would be this flexible.

Dobber Sports Ace

Apparently Sabres haven't released the medical records.

And Eichel is really worried the Sabres won't allow Eichel to get his surgery, won't be able to move him/aren't seriously entertaining the idea of it and he's going to have a lost season. And they might suspend Eichel and that would result in loss pay.

Right when it looked like the Sabres were moving into the right direction of releasing the medical records...they fumble that.

Crosby actually went through kind of the same thing with his concussions. He ended up getting nowhere with the Penguins medical staff and requested he find his own way for help and they agreed. He ended up fixing his post-concussion issues with chiropractic work. I do think Crosby had to sign some waiver saying if it somehow made the situation worse he'd forfeit his contract and the Penguins would be off the hook. Could be a situation the Sabres are able to do, but I have little faith that organization would be this flexible.
    what a cluster f. i kind of feel bad for eichel at this point now
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

D:
    ​IR:
    NA: