Thread: Laine Necas Robertson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Laine Necas J. Robertson

Points league - how do you rank them for next season? I have to keep one of the three, but have an early draft pick to scoop up one of the other two if I wanted to. Eye test wise I really like what IÂ’ve seen from Necas. I havenÂ’t seen Robertson play a ton this year. Not sure I can forgive Laine for what he did to me this season 😂

My signature isn’t updated team as of now Is

Draisaitl
    Schiefle
    Miller
    Laine/Necas/Robertson
    Chabot
    Krug
    Hughes
    Letang
    Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Laine Necas Robertson

That's tough, as it could be in any order and there would be a rational basis for each permutation. That being said:

Necas
    Robertson
    Laine

Necas seems like the most dependable due to surroundings and talent. To me it feels like Robertson probably overachieved this year and is due some regression. Laine's value has always been predicated on goals, not points. So while he may score more goals than the other two, his assists will almost assuredly be far behind the other two, enough to deposit him in 3rd place.

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally I'd let Krug go and keep Necas and Robertson.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Necas
    Laine
    Robertson

Dobber Sports Superstar

I like Necas here as well. I'm not giving up on Laine just yet especially with a new coach in CBJ. I also like Robertson but I'm a bit worried we may see a bit of a sophomore slump here. However, the chances are Laine's perceived value has slipped, so he may in fact be the most re draftable of the the three. So, Necas, Robertson, Laine. I also think Axe's suggestion is worth very serious consideration here, with Chabot, Hughes and Letang already protected, keeping another forward may be a very good idea particularly in a points only format.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Genius

Yes let Krug go but keep JRob and Laine. I think he might get back to his old better self. Just a hunch.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Personally I'd let Krug go and keep Necas and Robertson.
    I agree with this

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would never let go of Laine, not now. Too soon. Guy scored 80 goals at 18 and 19 in the NHL. Only Wayne Gretzky and Jimmy Carson scored more and they did it during the 1980's, a decade where everyone was scoring goals at a ridiculous clip. My point is Patty just needs the right driver. I get what I said there, but he's too useful with his shot and how lethal he's on the PP. People really like to play "What have you done for me lately." Personally I would go for Martin Necas and Patrik Laine.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    I would never let go of Laine, not now. Too soon. Guy scored 80 goals at 18 and 19 in the NHL. Only Wayne Gretzky and Jimmy Carson scored more and they did it during the 1980's, a decade where everyone was scoring goals at a ridiculous clip. My point is Patty just needs the right driver. I get what I said there, but he's too useful with his shot and how lethal he's on the PP. People really like to play "What have you done for me lately." Personally I would go for Martin Necas and Patrik Laine.
    I won't say its so much "what have you done for me lately" with Laine as much as it is who he's playing with. Sure he's got talent, but so do the other options here and they have a much better surrounding cast.

I do like Laine's goal scoring ability but he's a one trick pony and he's got no one to ride him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I won't say its so much "what have you done for me lately" with Laine as much as it is who he's playing with. Sure he's got talent, but so do the other options here and they have a much better surrounding cast.

I do like Laine's goal scoring ability but he's a one trick pony and he's got no one to ride him.
    No one to ride him. Sir, this is a G-rated site! I will remind you to refrain from such language!

hehe

Dobber Sports Initiate

I agree with Axeman, sans his dirty thoughts , but my only concern is it's been half a year. He still put up solid numbers last year despite not being up on Scheifele's line. It was a tough situation, lack of high-end C's (oh the irony of requesting to be with Mark or he demanded to be moved), and goes to this... and then you're adapting to new systems and linemates, to dealing with that nightmare of a coach.... New coach, maybe even a different situation might pan out better results. Who knows, maybe his time in Columbus is short-lived. Still, 80 goals as a teen... that's 40 goals per year despite missing games. Also he's not exactly a one trick pony. He also hits as well, unless you mean he just circles the center ice waiting for the play to open up the other way and goes for the left slot to get open. lol He seemed to be more aggressive and in on the play away from the puck in his last season with us. He went 2nd overall for a reason.

P.S. Just teasing you Axe.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah drop Krug and keep both Necas and Robertson. Laine isn't a play-driver and is reliant on his teammates more than the others. Great talent, but I'm a big fan of Necas (great team too), Robertson has really good linemates, and Laine...is on a terrible team with a new coach and not much to work with. If he gets moved to another team that would change my opinion, but it won't happen before your draft.
    Other GMs will have the same doubts you do, so Laine is oddly more redraftable.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Legend

For next year...

1. Laine
    2. Necas
    3. Robertson
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka