Thread: Konecny or Hertl or a D?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Konecny or Hertl or a D?

I'm in round 4 of a 32-team, 81.5M cap, dynasty league draft. G/A/Hit/Blk/SOG for skater cats. 1 point for the first 2 and 0.1 for the last 3. My team currently consists of Kucherov, Zegras and Jack Campbell.

Konecny and Hertl are some high-end forwards that are available to me now. Which of the two do you prefer in this format?

I also don't have a D yet on my team but I pick again on the turnaround 5 picks after this next one. The D still available:

Provorov
    Josi
    Letang
    Girard
    Pionk

Elite young forward talent is getting thin though... what say you?

The Great One

Default Re: Konecny or Hertl or a D?

Woof. Campbell waaaay too early my friend. Konecny and then one of the younger non $9mil/yr D.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Woof. Campbell waaaay too early my friend. Konecny and then one of the younger non $9mil/yr D.
    Honestly I don't disagree with you re: Campbell. However, goalies were flying off the shelves. I had 60-70 picks until I picked again, and by that time most GMs had chosen their goalie. I thought that with Campbell, since Freddie likely doesn't stay, I could be getting a starting G on a top team for 1.6M. With that cap space I'll try to pick up a shitty, expensive G later on as backup. Oh well. Goalies are voodoo.

I took Konecny in the end.
    12 team dynasty, H2H points, no cap, no max games
    12F (4 slots per pos), 6D, 2G, 32 players + 21 minor slots, minors eligibility <80 GP
    G: 4 / A: 2 / / Blk, Hit, SOG: 0.5 / Goalie W: 3 / Shutout: 1 / STP: 1 / SV% >.92: 1 / SV: 0.25

C: Eichel, Trochek, Barzal, Suzuki,
    W: Draisaitl, Ehlers, Dubois, Buchnevich, Necas, Debrusk, McCann, Jarvis
    D: Hughes, Morissey, Chychrun, Bouchard, Pionk, Parayko, McNabb
    G: Ullmark, Hart, Grubauer, Korpisalo

Prospects:
    Knies, Reichel, Kemell, Robertson
    Sandstrom

Dobber Sports Genius

I like Hertl, still think he can have a 70-80 point type of season. It’s close for me with either of them but Konecny is 3 yrs younger so if youth is a priority then him for sure. After him maybe Provorov or Pionk. Things got thin quick. Good luck
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Stud

In your format, yes it’s good you took Konecny with 4th pick, but I’d still prefer Hertl for 5th round (if available) over the defensemen you listed. You can fill roster with 0.1 -point-getters for not much cap money.

And no issue with Jack Campbell. Do you know who currently has the lowest GAA for the 2021 playoffs? Yeah, him. He’ll be the Leafs’ 1-A next year
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    In your format, yes it’s good you took Konecny with 4th pick, but I’d still prefer Hertl for 5th round (if available) over the defensemen you listed. You can fill roster with 0.1 -point-getters for not much cap money.

And no issue with Jack Campbell. Do you know who currently has the lowest GAA for the 2021 playoffs? Yeah, him. He’ll be the Leafs’ 1-A next year
    I disagree. I don’t think they go into next year with Campbell as the clear #1. Either they go out and get a Driedger or Khudobin or they get someone to tandem at least. I don’t think they see Campbell as a starter because, well, he isn’t.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

The Great One

Also, I might be higher on Hertl if he wasn’t on the San Jose Sharks. That team is a mess. I think you did well with Konecny. Who was your next pick?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: