Thread: Trade Advice

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade Advice

Looking for some advice on a trade offer!
    Team and league in Sig..
    Been rebuild for a few years and finally have some good pieces so wonder if I should take this offer to move up in the standings or keep the picks to get 2 more good prospects. Here is the offer.
    I Get
    M.Heiskanen
    M.Necas
    R.Thomas

I lose
    # 1 overall this year - T.Zegras , J.Robertson available
    My 1st 22 , Possibly a top 3 pick so maybe S.Wright?
    Team Cupper
    Fwds- Rantanen, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, Svechnikov, Debrincat, R.Thomas, B.Tkachuk, P.Dubois, S.Bennett, R.Strome, B.Nelson, C.Keller, A.Lafreniere, JVR, J.Farabee, A.Holtz, J.Toews, K.Yamamoto, K.Kapanen,
    Def - Makar, Fox, Power, Sanderson, Ty Smith, OEL
    Team- NYR,NJ, Cgy

8 Teams in league

Points, ppg,shg,gwg,ppa,sha
    Teams- Wins,otl,so
    Def get 2 points for goals
    Count- 12 fwds , 3Def, 2 Teams drop lowest 9
    Drop 4 each year.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Trade Advice

Well, Zegras is probably better than each of the 3 you listed. In an 8 team league, I don't think Robert Thomas moves the needle.

How likely is the 22 pick going to be in the top 3? If there's little chance, that's one thing. If the chances are pretty good, that's another.

I do like Heiskanen and Necas, but if you think it is more likely than not that you'll get a top 3 pick in 2022, I'd say no. Also, is this the deal that is going to put you on top? Or do you need to make multiple deals of this sort to get into contention? If this is just a move to get from 5th or 6th place to 3rd or 4th, I wouldn't want to do it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So I understand it as Heiskanen, Necas, and Thomas for #1 OA this year plus your 1st rounder in next year's draft.

I'm not sure why you're saying Zegras and Robertson are available, are those FAs that you're thinking will be taken then? Is it a rookie draft only?

I'm not the biggest fan of Thomas so I'm seeing him as a throw-in. If you have to lose a player in order to keep him I'd rework the deal instead by trying to get a pick back.

For me it's Heiskanen vs. Power (or whatever Dman will go 1st OA), and Necas vs. Wright/Savoie.

This year's draft isn't the strongest and any Dman are not expected to be stars, but more of top pair guys.

I'm a huge fan of Necas and he's producing, and Heiskanen is as good as whatever Dman will go 1st overall this year. I'd drop Thomas as part of the deal and rework it, but then I'm in favour. Hopefully you'll improve enough to get you out of the lottery so that the 2022 pick isn't in the top three, 'cause that's looking like a really good draft (and is why the other team is proposing this deal).
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the advice , In our pool not only are 2021 draft eligible players available but so are any available nhl players that are not on anyone’s team. Since we do not have FA pick ups in our league that leaves some good players like Zegras and Robertson available to draft this year.
    Team Cupper
    Fwds- Rantanen, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, Svechnikov, Debrincat, R.Thomas, B.Tkachuk, P.Dubois, S.Bennett, R.Strome, B.Nelson, C.Keller, A.Lafreniere, JVR, J.Farabee, A.Holtz, J.Toews, K.Yamamoto, K.Kapanen,
    Def - Makar, Fox, Power, Sanderson, Ty Smith, OEL
    Team- NYR,NJ, Cgy

8 Teams in league

Points, ppg,shg,gwg,ppa,sha
    Teams- Wins,otl,so
    Def get 2 points for goals
    Count- 12 fwds , 3Def, 2 Teams drop lowest 9
    Drop 4 each year.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    So I understand it as Heiskanen, Necas, and Thomas for #1 OA this year plus your 1st rounder in next year's draft.

I'm not sure why you're saying Zegras and Robertson are available, are those FAs that you're thinking will be taken then? Is it a rookie draft only?

I'm not the biggest fan of Thomas so I'm seeing him as a throw-in. If you have to lose a player in order to keep him I'd rework the deal instead by trying to get a pick back.

For me it's Heiskanen vs. Power (or whatever Dman will go 1st OA), and Necas vs. Wright/Savoie.

This year's draft isn't the strongest and any Dman are not expected to be stars, but more of top pair guys.

I'm a huge fan of Necas and he's producing, and Heiskanen is as good as whatever Dman will go 1st overall this year. I'd drop Thomas as part of the deal and rework it, but then I'm in favour. Hopefully you'll improve enough to get you out of the lottery so that the 2022 pick isn't in the top three, 'cause that's looking like a really good draft (and is why the other team is proposing this deal).
    What this Guy said. Get it?! GET IT?! HA!
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If Zegras is available, i wouldnt trade the first overall, Heiskenen is great but his point totals have not equated to the skill , that being said, to me it boils down to him vs zegras, i think long term ( or as soon as this year) you will see Zegras breakout and do so with a bang, i think Heiskenen will hit 40 or so points but i dont think he is worth Zegras,

My 2 cents anyways
    12 team H2H Full Keeper w/ 20man prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)

Dealers
    C- Couture, Karlsson, Mcdavid, Monohan, Pageau, Cirelli
    W- Draistl, Pacioretty, Rust, Duclair, Hornquist, Domi, Oshie
    D-Hamilton, Jones , Heiskenen, Spurgeon, OEL, Provorov, Klingberg
    G- Bobrovsky, Lehner, Hart
    Rossi, White, Zegras, Bunting, Kunin, Tracey, Wiesblatt, Coghlan, Holl, Johansson, Myers, Zub, Soucy, Spence, Thompson, Blomqvist, Dostal, Hofer, Ingram, Johannsson, Luukkonen, Sogaard, Tarasov

Dobber Sports Stud

You won't find too many guys who are higher on Heisk than me... and this deal is still a NO imo.

Starting 3D, and you own Chabot, Fox, J.Drysdale, E.Bouchard, R.Pulock. That's solid moving forward. (and yeah if you could snag Heisk for cheaper then awesome - but you're ok on the backend for now)

You have to start 12F and while you've got some really nice potential, in pure points, I'd be looking to add more F with high-end potential.

That is Zegras. Take him with your 1st and enjoy him and Drysdale doubling-up every ANA PP goal for the next decade.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Take Zegras for sure
    16 Team, H2H Dynasty Cap 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G, 3B, 10 Minor - Scoring G / A / P / PPP / SOG / Hit / Blk / TOISH - W / GAA / SV / SV%
    Forwards: Gaudreau, Barzal, Beniers, Raymond, Trocheck, Byfield, Quinn, Couturier, Chytil, Crouse, Farabee, Rasmussen, Podkolzin, Monahan, Killorn
    Defence: Sergachev, McAvoy, Sanderson, Hronek, McCabe, Broberg
    Goalie: Demko, Merzlikins, Schmid
    F Minors: McTavish, Eklund, Sillinger, Nazar, Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Ostlund
    D Minors: Edvinsson
    G Minors: Askarov, Cossa
    Picks: 2023 1.01, 1.14

Dobber Sports Titan

I'll go Zegras
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

One more go after Zegras vote.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would keep what you have. Zegras and a high pick in 22 is better than Heisk and Necas. I don't see you at the top this coming year, so snag Zegras and look to be at the top in 2-3 years.
    12 team pts league. G(1pt), A(1pt), PPP(1pt), SHP(1pt), GWG(1pt), W(3pts), SO(2pts)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4F, 4D, 2G, 4Bench, 2IR
    Keep any 5 max 3 years

C - McDavid, Backstrom, Tavares, Couturier, Trochek
    RW - Pavelski, Fiala, E. Lindholm
    LW - Landeskog, Palat, E. Kane, Robertson
    D - Hedman, Yandle, Fox, Provorov
    G - Lehner, Rask, MAF, Talbot