Thread: Pulock for 1 of Bode Wilde, Sami Niku, Dennis Cholowski

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Pulock for 1 of Bode Wilde, Sami Niku, Dennis Cholowski

This is a points only salary cap dynasty league.

My D core consists of 6 D: Hedman, Josi, Hamilton, Klingberg, Carlson and Boqvist.
    I also had Erik Karlsson but had to move him out due to cap restraints.

I also have in my minors Ristolainen and Pulock who are my depth pieces should there be an injury.

I have a few decent prospects on D as well which include: Rathbone, Ian Mitchell, Liljegren and Kylington.

I'm leaning on moving one of my 2 depth pieces and I have received interest in Pulock so far.

The main team I'm negotiating with has the following D prospects: Bode Wilde, Sami Niku, Dennis Cholowski, Olli Juolevi, Libor Hajek and Mattias Norlander.

I rank the top 3 in this order: Cholowski > Bode Wilde > Sami Niku.

Concern with Cholowski is being behind Seider.
    Concern with Wilde is being behind Dobson.
    Niku I guess is behind Morrissey and Pionk?

Question the first, which of the D prospects (plus maybe a draft pick) would be worth moving Pulock for?
    Question the second, do I just keep Risto and Pulock as depth pieces?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Pulock for 1 of Bode Wilde, Sami Niku, Dennis Cholowski

I wouldn’t do any of those for Pulock. See if you can deal him and Boqvist to upgrade your top 6. Of course within the cap. Your top 5 D are awesome so standing pat wouldn’t be bad until an optimal deal comes your way. But for me, I’d pass on those and see what else is out there. I like Boqvist as your 6th and Risto as 6B. Good luck
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Star

How many teams are in your league?

I'd keep Ristolainen and Pulock over trading them for any of the D-men on the other person's team.

I think that on points only talent, it is Niku easily #1, then Cholowski a hair better than Wilde. That being said, none of them seem likely to ever be a contributor. I'd prefer the four D prospects you mentioned already owning to any of these. I would not trade Ristolainen for any of these three. Pulock seems on the decline points-wise, but with three seasons in the 30s, I think there's more chance of him producing than any of the three.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    How many teams are in your league?

I'd keep Ristolainen and Pulock over trading them for any of the D-men on the other person's team.

I think that on points only talent, it is Niku easily #1, then Cholowski a hair better than Wilde. That being said, none of them seem likely to ever be a contributor. I'd prefer the four D prospects you mentioned already owning to any of these. I would not trade Ristolainen for any of these three. Pulock seems on the decline points-wise, but with three seasons in the 30s, I think there's more chance of him producing than any of the three.
    10 teams in the league, will be 11 in 2022. Could keep them to meet exposure requirements as well.

Pulock and Risto are basically wasting away in my minors and require waivers if they get called up and have to go back down. So the idea is to either put another prospect in the oven as Josi, Carlson and Hedman aren't getting any younger.

20 guys earn points on any given night, you can bench up to 3 more against the cap.

50 contracts including our minors, plus a rights system for draftees (up to 90 mimicking the NHL).

Dobber Sports Wizard

I would not be moving boqvist in cap league
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by tehmerms View Post
    10 teams in the league, will be 11 in 2022. Could keep them to meet exposure requirements as well.

Pulock and Risto are basically wasting away in my minors and require waivers if they get called up and have to go back down. So the idea is to either put another prospect in the oven as Josi, Carlson and Hedman aren't getting any younger.

20 guys earn points on any given night, you can bench up to 3 more against the cap.

50 contracts including our minors, plus a rights system for draftees (up to 90 mimicking the NHL).
    With Ristolainen, you're waiting to see if he goes to a team other than Buffalo and is given sheltered offensive minutes. That's a gamble worth waiting on. If the point is just to get someone younger in there, then Niku is probably your best bet but I really don't see him ever being useful in an 11 team league. Pionk and Morrissey are there and Heinola should get some looks. And Winnipeg seems primed to try to bring in a defenseman by free agency given their replacement-level lot.

I understand not wanting to let assets go to waste, but moving them for the Cholowskis of the world doesn't seem like a net benefit for your team. And if that's the best you can do for them, that gives you a signal as to their value.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think it's in your best interest to stand pat for the moment. Keep fishing around for a deal and maybe you can come up with something better. I don't see the offer your contemplating do a whole lot for you, going sideways at best. I'll also suggest that you look at targeting some tier 1 defensive prospects and what assets you have that would be required to land one. The guys you are currently looking at are tier two arguably, at best, perhaps raise the bar on who you would like to acquire a bit.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Newbie

Sorry to bump this, but I have an alternative deal in the works and didn't want to start a new thread.

Offer could be me sending M. Tkachuk and Klingberg for Huberdeau and a prospect or pick.

I have Pulock/Risto who are able to fill Klingberg's spot and I upgrade Tkachuk to Huberdeau.

So if I made that trade my D would look like this: Hedman, Josi, Hamilton, Carlson, Boqvist, Pulock (Risto as backup)

Centres: William Karlsson, Malkin, O'Reilly, Backstrom
    Wingers: Rantanen, Stamkos, Debrincat, Huberdeau, Patty Kane, Jason Robertson, Marchessault, Bjorkstrand

I won last year and looking to repeat.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Not sure if this is still "current" but this is a deal I would consider. However, I'm not overly inclined to do this straight up, so it depends on what that pick or prospect looks like?
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf