Thread: Fantrax Users - Do your "Polls" text ever disappear partially or completely?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Fantrax Users - Do your "Polls" text ever disappear partially or completely?

For a few seasons now, when I post some "polls" on our WHL Fantrax league site... the text in the polls text has gone... crazy.
    It happened with several polls last year, I'd post them, post some choices.
    Sometimes the polls would be fine for an hour or two... then somebody would log-in and say "I don't see the options..." or "I don't understand the choices".

We had one recently that was listed like this:

Please select your preferred prize payout system for next year:
    Regular.Season.Points $45, Best Regular Season H2H Record, $140, Playoff H2H Champ $190
    Regular.Season.Points $50, Best Regular Season H2H Record, $125, Playoff H2H Champ $200

Several people (7-8) voted... but then... in a few hours, the poll looked like this:

Please select your preferred prize payout system for next year:
    Regular.Season.Points
    Regular.Season.Points

And ofcourse... GMs are REALLY confused by that poll above!!!
    Anybody else have this happen???

(Based on chatbox comments, I put the poll up at 5:35pm Eastern. Several people voted... but by 7:38pm, there was a GM that said "does the poll for prize money just say 'Reg.Season.Points' for both options?")
    Weird.
    Weird.
    Weird.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Fantrax Users - Do your "Polls" text ever disappear partially or completely?

I've attempted to use the Polls in my Fantrax league as well during the season; and I've had similar instances. I cannot say for certain, but I believe certain syntax or symbols can cause issues.

I did a poll where I was asking which categories we wanted to use next season; and whenever I used a ':' or '-' , whatever was afterwards didn't show.

Wish I had a solution or tips, but I guess it is finicky with the syntax.

Cheers
    12 Team - Dynasty H2H Category
    Skaters CAT: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    Goalies CAT: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Roster: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, Util, 2G, 5BN, 3IR

C: Crosby, Stuetzle, RNH, Couturier
    LW: Ovechkin, Guentzel, Toffoli, Knies
    RW: Fiala, Perron, DeBrusk, Zuccarello
    D: Seider, Hronek, Pietrangelo, Heiskanen, McAvoy, Chychrun
    Util: Ekholm
    G: Vanecek, Gustavsson, UPL, Lyon, Forsburg
    Blue = Bench / Red = IR
    (Also in 2x 1-yr leagues but they aren't important)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Fantrax Users - Do your "Polls" text ever disappear partially or completely?

Ah! I agree... it might be the : or -.
    I tend to use those a lot.
    I'll have to try a test poll and see! Thanks.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Solved!
    It's the colon. ::::::
    Don't put a colon in your poll answer options!?!!

It's there for an hour or so... and then *poof*... gone
    Every word & character after that colon goes bye-bye (must be the "nether portal")!!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

You should made this into a poll. Great, now lost opportunity!
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    It's the colon. ::::::
    It's always the colon...says the Proctologist.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

not an expert but the polls get created in the old school fantrax pages while displayed in newer fantrax pages so I'd imagine part of the issue is caused by this .