Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Team Canada WHC GOLD!!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Team Canada WHC GOLD!!

Wow! What a roller coaster this tournament was for Canada. Myself included, given up for dead, the lads keep getting better every game and bring home the Gold. Awesome!!!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Team Canada WHC GOLD!!

From 0-3 to Gold. Amazing!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

How did Perfetti look?

- - - Updated - - -

Surprised this team captured Gold...was one of the worst teams Canada has put out in recent memory.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Bad start but golden finish! Congrats!
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    How did Perfetti look?

- - - Updated - - -

Surprised this team captured Gold...was one of the worst teams Canada has put out in recent memory.
    Most of the traditional contenders iced teams that were watered down, including Canada. I can't resist, how did Perfetti look? Like a 19 year old who was pretty much in way over his head. 10 GP, 2 Goals. Pretty much a non factor. Is this surprising ... no, is this bad .. no! Perfetti was lucky to have this experience. He will be a better player for it. The team was carried by NHL vets although hardly hall of famers. The two young guys that stood out for me were Liam Foudy and in particular 18 year old Owen Power. Perfetti, well, not so much. And this simply exemplifies what a lot of the vets around this forum keep repeating ad nauseum, the shiny new toy is not necessarily your best option now or for a few years.

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Most of the traditional contenders iced teams that were watered down, including Canada. I can't resist, how did Perfetti look? Like a 19 year old who was pretty much in way over his head. 10 GP, 2 Goals. Pretty much a non factor. Is this surprising ... no, is this bad .. no! Perfetti was lucky to have this experience. He will be a better player for it. The team was carried by NHL vets although hardly hall of famers. The two young guys that stood out for me were Liam Foudy and in particular 18 year old Owen Power. Perfetti, well, not so much. And this simply exemplifies what a lot of the vets around this forum keep repeating ad nauseum, the shiny new toy is not necessarily your best option now or for a few years.
    They said the same thing about Caufield in the World Juniors and now he's doing things in Montreal. Just assisted on yet another Suzuki goal. I know you don't agree with me on my Meier for Perfetti deal, but the kid isn't far from being an NHLer. I like the kid a lot and one tournament won't change that. And he's not just some shiny toy, he's one of the smartest players the Jets have ever drafted. Can not wait for him to make an impact.

But I do respect your opinion and trust what you saw... after all, I never really pay attention to the WHC. I am mostly a Hlinka-Gretzky and WJC U20 guy. Surprisingly Cole did well in both tournaments and still holds records in the one.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I only watched the Canada-Russia, Canada-USA and gold medal games, but I love it when the non-NHL'ers play in these tournaments. Mangiapane with the tournament MVP! Kuemper looked solid. Two of my dynasty league players standing out, lol!

Love how this team kept fighting even when down 0-3 to start the tournament. Makes the gold that much sweeter.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Leafs could learn something from these kids

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Leafs could learn something from these kids
    As can the Oilers and Jets. :P

And yes I am a Jets fan. haha

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    They said the same thing about Caufield in the World Juniors and now he's doing things in Montreal. Just assisted on yet another Suzuki goal. I know you don't agree with me on my Meier for Perfetti deal, but the kid isn't far from being an NHLer. I like the kid a lot and one tournament won't change that. And he's not just some shiny toy, he's one of the smartest players the Jets have ever drafted. Can not wait for him to make an impact.

But I do respect your opinion and trust what you saw... after all, I never really pay attention to the WHC. I am mostly a Hlinka-Gretzky and WJC U20 guy. Surprisingly Cole did well in both tournaments and still holds records in the one.
    No problem at all. I think we're all here to try and help each other and share opinions. Ultimately, whoever is asking the question can take the responses into consideration and make their decision accordingly. I love the Forum! I would love to own both Perfetti and Caufield. I think they are both top notch prospects. Where we may disagree is the time it will take for both of them to clearly become fantasy relevant. I love it when a kid comes along and does have immediate and long term impact. Thing is, that doesn't happen very often, there is a process that needs to play out before most kids transition into fantasy relevant NHLers and that process takes some time. BTW, "shiny new toy" is not a derogatory term as I used it, it simply means the new kids on the block the majority of which will be subject to the aforementioned process.

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Titan

Gallant coached the team incredibly well.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Impressive comeback after the start they had!!

This is why it is sometimes important for General Managers and fans to be patient with their team after a slow start!!

The Great One

So where does Gallant land this year? I'd like to see him in Arizona. Buffalo could really use him but I think they'll stick with Granato?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Gallant is one of the better coaches and he's not in the league lol. Gallant is probably an upgrade in coaching for at least 15+ teams.

The Great One

Yes. But we both know the coach being actually good doesn't seem to matter to 15+ teams in the league.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch