Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Team Canada WHC GOLD!!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Team Canada WHC GOLD!!

Awesome run by this patchwork of Canadians willing to give this a go.
    These guys will have this as a great bond for the rest of their careers.

Most of the young kids were heavily shielded from play... Perfetti, Foudy, and JAD were all under 12min/gp... but they all played 10gp.
    Connor Brown, Henrique, Mangiapane... phenomenal.

I think the biggest confidence upboosts will go to the D... Owen Power, Sean Walker, Mario Ferraro, Troy Stecher... all 20min/gp+. (Beaudin & JBD playing lesser. Unf, these guys were -4/-5).
    Ferraro is one many of us are big in. In one league, I think he'll actually be a D4 keeper for me with what he brings in Hit/Blk.
    If SJ moves out one of Karlsson, Burns... Ferraro is going to possibly explode as a top 30 NHL D man in the coming years.

But just for the younger guys to be part of this team (incl. Bunting, Vilardi, Paul, Comtois, Hagel, Danforth... ).
    Confidence/achievements are important in hockey careers.
    I mean.. Danforth may have gotten himself back on NHL radars... who knows.

We already saw Connor Brown on fire to end last season.
    I'd expect Mangiapane to really take this and breakout big time next year for the CGY.

This is possibly a closing "buy low" window on Ferraro and Mangiapane, for those in deeper fantasy leagues...

Gallant will be back in the NHL somewhere.
    I highly doubt he'd take a job in Arizona... I don't think any veteran coach is signing up for that situation.
    I think we'll see somebody young accept an offer, just to get themselves in the big leagues.
    Not Gallant, at this point in his life, he's too wise for that shitshow.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    No problem at all. I think we're all here to try and help each other and share opinions. Ultimately, whoever is asking the question can take the responses into consideration and make their decision accordingly. I love the Forum! I would love to own both Perfetti and Caufield. I think they are both top notch prospects. Where we may disagree is the time it will take for both of them to clearly become fantasy relevant. I love it when a kid comes along and does have immediate and long term impact. Thing is, that doesn't happen very often, there is a process that needs to play out before most kids transition into fantasy relevant NHLers and that process takes some time. BTW, "shiny new toy" is not a derogatory term as I used it, it simply means the new kids on the block the majority of which will be subject to the aforementioned process.
    I could have had both.. la sigh. A collection of midget Coles. A dude can dream.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I am very surprised that Gallant is still out of an NHL job. I think he’s be excellent for the Rangers.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent